Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 22-05-2010, 02:47 PM   #1
prydey
Rob

Default Commodore theif kidnapped, bashed!

http://www.news.com.au/national/vigi...-1225869907404

similar to the cabbie who went a little over the top when kids egged his car, this guy probably crossed the line but hopefully the real criminal will think twice about stealing a car next time!!

Old 22-05-2010, 04:16 PM   #2
ralphy
Turbo'n Along

lol thats funny, no sympathy for the guy who got bashed coz he's a crim in the first place

2005 BA MKII F6 Typhoon in Shockwave
6 Speed Manual, Brembo's all round

Mods to Come - None LOL
Old 22-05-2010, 04:19 PM   #3
Kryton

While car stealing scum deserve a good flogging, i think this may have gone too far.
Touching someone up is one thing, kidnapping is a whole other thing.
Old 22-05-2010, 04:31 PM   #4
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was told of a guy who had his car stolen - saw the car driving down the road and followed it. Now what the thief didn't realise was the guy he stole it off was a successful junior kickboxer. Thief ended up with his jaw broken in 3 places.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
Old 22-05-2010, 04:45 PM   #5
barra265t
Banned

That commodore must have been something special for the owner to go that far..
Old 22-05-2010, 04:47 PM   #6
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra265t
That commodore must have been something special for the owner to go that far..
Regardless of if its a Commodore, Falcon, Smart Car etc, It would have been the owners pride and joy, I'm sure not too many here would like it if their car got stolen, and would love the chance to rough up the perp.
Old 22-05-2010, 04:50 PM   #7
Tucool
Donating Member
Donating Member2

They just did what all of us would like to do, but never do.

AU II XR8 Daily driver.

BF XR8 ute (Red the only true Modification) My Toy.

The boy,

XT Ute 393 cleveland.

Genuine XB GT.
Old 22-05-2010, 04:53 PM   #8
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Regardless of if its a Commodore, Falcon, Smart Car etc, It would have been the owners pride and joy, I'm sure not too many here would like it if their car got stolen, and would love the chance to rough up the perp.
^^^Damn right ^^^

I'd still like to meet the scum who stole my XA GT Sedan 24 years ago!!

Love hearing stories of thieves getting their comeuppence.

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Old 22-05-2010, 05:02 PM   #9
73 4V XB
Frankenford pilot
Donating Member1

i feel for the car owner
as for going to far well i dont think they went far enough or he wouldnt be where he is now.
leave no witness that way ya cant get caught

73 XB GT
Last of the Big Ports
Old 22-05-2010, 05:31 PM   #10
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i don`t know whats worse haveing your pride and joy taken or your house ransacked and all your private belongings gone through ,money and goods taken, the recipient of the hiding won`t get sympathy from this neck of the woods.
Old 22-05-2010, 05:38 PM   #11
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

should have tied him up a bit better....
Old 22-05-2010, 05:51 PM   #12
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hahahahahaha nothing better than some scumbag getting his just desserts.
Old 22-05-2010, 05:58 PM   #13
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

$50 says the scumbag gets a slap on the wrist and mr average joe who lost it, gets a jail sentence.
Old 22-05-2010, 06:05 PM   #14
skelly

Quote:
true that!

my car is a nothing speicial series II manual AU, but i love her. She is only worth a few grand but sentimental value through the roof!
Old 22-05-2010, 07:13 PM   #15
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

just like with the taxi driver situation, i do not see a problem. if the eggs were not thrown and the car not stolen there would not have been a problem

i realise the law needs to protect these people, otherwise we can accuse anyone and beat them to within an inch of their life, but if they are guilty - too bad. i feel sorry for the commode dore owner and the taxi driver

going too far is throwing an egg or stealing a car. not going to far is thinking about it, but not actually doing it. the two so called guilty parties were just humans, that became victims
Old 22-05-2010, 07:35 PM   #16
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
$50 says the scumbag gets a slap on the wrist and mr average joe who lost it, gets a jail sentence.
Fortunately there may be some political problems with this situation.

As the community in general has had a gut full of being powerless when confronted by criminals and seem to be getting behind such cases, the magistracy may rule closer to popular opinion.

I would like to hope so.
Old 22-05-2010, 07:38 PM   #17
ELGT4me
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
While car stealing scum deserve a good flogging, i think this may have gone too far.
Touching someone up is one thing, kidnapping is a whole other thing.
My friend, they used to hang horse thieves, there was no outrage over that issue. Today's horse is now a car, I have no issue with the hanging of car thieves (Having had 1 car stolen & attempted theft of my XY GT!!!) More car thieves hung, the less will be around, lesser insurance premiums. Why should someone else decide "they" can take your car, pinch what they want off it then destroy it?
Old 22-05-2010, 08:02 PM   #18
Boosh Brus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
just like with the taxi driver situation, i do not see a problem. if the eggs were not thrown and the car not stolen there would not have been a problem
What was the taxi driver situation? I think I missed it.
Old 22-05-2010, 08:05 PM   #19
gtfpv
GT

in the 80s lots of people had long hair . 2 times i unexpectadly came across car recovery . one was at an intersection at parramatta , i guy was at the lights waiting to walk across the road with the usuall crowd of people at that intersection when his dads kingswood pulls up at a red light _stolen the day before . the driver was a long haired lout with the window down and no shirt on . this pedestrian leaped out onto the road and grabbed the driver and pulled him out the window by the hair smashed him up a bit then told everyone he was recovering his dads stolen car , the thief gotup and got away . and the pedestrian then drove off in his recovered car . everyone clapped.
the next was at parramatta lakes i seen a kid about 16 sprinting down the road with this 40ish year old running faster close behind him , grabbed his long shiney hair and looped him around in circles till the kid went down . that guy never let go of that shank of hair till the cops came . LOL.
Old 22-05-2010, 08:08 PM   #20
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Average Joe doesn't kidnap people, tie them up and beat them -- the guy who did this is f-ing unhinged. If I found someone stealing my car I would kick the crap out of them too but I wouldn't try and say it was the right thing to do. Because it isn't.
Old 22-05-2010, 08:12 PM   #21
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets
Average Joe doesn't kidnap people, tie them up and beat them -- the guy who did this is f-ing unhinged. If I found someone stealing my car I would kick the crap out of them too but I wouldn't try and say it was the right thing to do. Because it isn't.
then we need more unhinged people around.
Old 22-05-2010, 08:20 PM   #22
sprint347dave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the car owner didnt do a good enough job,if he had the thieves would never have been found.
Old 22-05-2010, 08:22 PM   #23
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Got what he deserved. How many cars has this bloke stolen before. How many lives has he ruined through stealing other peoples property. And our insurance premiums going up each year because people are out there stealing cars. It's a shame that the thief didn't have all his fingers broken in the process. I have no pity for a car thief. If he is prepared to steal a car, then he should be prepared for proper justice if he gets caught, not the BS the courts dish out.
Old 22-05-2010, 08:43 PM   #24
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Justice has been served.
Old 22-05-2010, 08:55 PM   #25
zdcol71
zdcol71

and the vigilantes walked the earth , and all was well, every one in their place
Old 22-05-2010, 09:00 PM   #26
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

actually a better charge for the guys that tied the thief up and left him in the bush would be littering.
Old 22-05-2010, 09:04 PM   #27
351@GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

story south of perth of a thief who got caught by a local farmer, had him hog tied on the back of his ute and paraded him around town and to all the businesses etc in town to show everyone the crim that had been knocking everybody off. last stop was to the cop shop... where the farmer was arrested.
Went to court and he copped some big fines. The public donated and paid his fines

was asked later if he'd do it again, said yep but they wouldnt find them the next time.
Old 22-05-2010, 10:17 PM   #28
barra265t
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351@GT
story south of perth of a thief who got caught by a local farmer, had him hog tied on the back of his ute and paraded him around town and to all the businesses etc in town to show everyone the crim that had been knocking everybody off. last stop was to the cop shop... where the farmer was arrested.
Went to court and he copped some big fines. The public donated and paid his fines

was asked later if he'd do it again, said yep but they wouldnt find them the next time.
What does 'hog tied' mean . Does it mean tied/chained to the back of the ute and dragged along medievil style?
Old 22-05-2010, 10:40 PM   #29
zdcol71
zdcol71

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra265t
What does 'hog tied' mean . Does it mean tied/chained to the back of the ute and dragged along medievil style?
Means he was tied to a pole, rotisserie style ,on a frame, with his hands bound around the pole, and his feet also.Convinent way for what we civilized aussies see as the way un-cultured natives bring their food home to the village for sustanence. Given that we have a legal system based on many hundreds of years of tradition,(somewhat unique in the rest of the western world), not a bad way for those of us on this forum to be dealing with these "pigs"
Old 23-05-2010, 12:01 AM   #30
steamin63
old skool

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
then we need more unhinged people around.
too right. this bloke has done what most of us wish we had the balls to do. good on him.