Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 04-02-2009, 03:23 PM   #1
TTXF

Default error code 32?

After starting the car (AU1) the airbag light flashes 3 times then 2 times, does this several times and then just stays on. I've tried searching and from what I found this would mean error code 32? Driver airbag circuit open? Is this right?
I've checked the fuses and they are fine, Is there anything else I can check?

Cheers....

TTXF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2009, 09:06 PM   #2
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

If everything else looks ok my guess would be the clock spring in the steering column. It happened to my wagon so I just went to a wrecker and picked up a replacement and fitted it myself. Hardest part about the job was finding someone with the correct 5 sided torx bit to get the airbag off. Once that was done it was a breeze.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2009, 09:09 PM   #3
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Check, pull apart and clean all connections under the seats.

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
NC1183 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2009, 09:19 PM   #4
TTXF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher
If everything else looks ok my guess would be the clock spring in the steering column. It happened to my wagon so I just went to a wrecker and picked up a replacement and fitted it myself. Hardest part about the job was finding someone with the correct 5 sided torx bit to get the airbag off. Once that was done it was a breeze.

Bushbasher

That might explain why the horn doesn't work as well. I've changed one in a XH ute before but it didn't have an airbag.
I will check the connections tomorrow...
TTXF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post