Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-03-2005, 08:27 PM   #1
|2aebird
Resident Volvo Driver

Default T/B & Intake spacers

I was just wondering what sort of gains i would see by adding the spacer between the uper and lower manifold?! and would it be possible to manufacture one myself, my understanding of it is that it is just a thick piece of aluminium... ?
Also was wondering the same about the T/B helix spacer... Is it the same deal with this item as well just a piece of aluminium with a thread in it but...

Any help is much appreciated, thanks
|2aebird is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2005, 01:13 AM   #2
MrLandau

The spacer between the upper and lower manifolds does 2 things
1. Using bakerlite or similar acts as a heat insulator and keeps the upper manifold cooler. That means the air is slightly more dense when it enters the combustion chamber which equates to a little more power
2. It lengthens the intake runner which moves the power and torque slighly back down the rev range. The HO intake makes more torque down low than aftermarket manifolds as it has a very long runner. The change will only be minimal but for the very low expense - well worth it
Shane

Growing old is inevitable
:eclipsee_ Growing up is optional :eclipsee_
MrLandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2005, 02:56 AM   #3
5 FTR 5
Made the 300 :0)

Im getting a phenolic spacer from BPT in the next week it is supposed to drop the intake temp and give a little inprovement,This is for the AU when fitted ill see if the difference is good it should be.
Old 04-03-2005, 07:25 AM   #4
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

It will be.Tests have shown a big drop in intake manifold temps with a spacer at heads.
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2005, 05:54 PM   #5
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

Sorry to ask, but what is this and where can you get it?

I have no idea :/
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2005, 01:35 AM   #6
5 FTR 5
Made the 300 :0)

It cuts of the heat from the lower intake to the plenum chamber reducing the temp.Its about 12.5mm thick cant remember the material but it might be bakerlite?.better fuel ecomony and power,depending on the motor BPT motorsport sell them go to there site in this forum,barry could help you.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:35 PM   #7
|2aebird
Resident Volvo Driver

Thanks for the info guys, anymore would be great as i wanna try and find out as much as i can before purchasing/manufacturing these items...
|2aebird is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post