Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-05-2019, 06:33 PM   #1
Ben

Default AU Falcon carpet help

Long story short I have all the interior out of my AU2 XR including the carpet and the carpet has footwell moulds underneath. I am unsure if these were meant to be glued to the carpet or not as it looked like they may have been at some point.

Anyway during a move my workmate thought it was out of his car and threw out my drivers side mould and now I am unsure what to do as I cant find much information so I assume they are part of the carpet.

Am I just better off buying some carpet from the wreckers or can these be found separately.

Also if I need to buy new carpet what model had the best carpet that will fit into an AU2.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2019, 06:45 PM   #2
macman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: AU Falcon carpet help

The sound deadening mat/block (whatever you want to call it) in the drivers footwell isn't part of the carpet, it's separate - well, neither of mine were glued together anyway.

I doubt an automotive carpet supplier would have one to suit the AU, but they may have a generic sound deadening/underlay material that could be used in place. But as the original was moulded to the shape of the floorpan, I'd recommend sourcing a nice clean one from a wreck.

As for the best carpet, I would be chasing a VGC plush carpet set from a Fairmont or Fairmont Ghia in the appropriate colour (not Fairlane) as opposed to the standard Falcon (or Falcon XR) carpet.
macman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post: