Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Old 07-03-2007, 06:54 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Question Mondeo to Replace XT ???

Where will the MONDEO fit into the FORD range ?
How about FORD kill the XT and have the Mondeo fill that gap ?
Similar to Holden killing Aclaim.
Just a thought.

csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2007, 07:39 PM   #2
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Not quite. It'll fill the same spot that it filled when it was previously here, in between Falcon and Focus/Laser. It's just like the Vectra in between Astra and Commodore. It'll only come in a 4 and a Diesel according to reports, no 6 cylinder.

Holden are now bringing out the Epica to compete in the mid-size segment alongside Mondeo, Accord and Mazda 6 amongst others. They tried with Vectra but appear to be taking a different strategy.

I believe Acclaim was killed to rationalise the range, more so probably because model complexity was probably costing money.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:43 PM   #3
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The DAEWOO EPICA is $25k and the Mondeo $30k+ no competition. I cann't see how the Mondeo can fit in between the FOCUS GHIA and the XT ? Time will tell. They should bring in the 6. I hope they bring in the 2.2l diesel wagon. THAT will be on my shopping list.
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2007, 01:13 AM   #4
Uni

it's a shame they're not bringing in the 6, but i understand that it would totally cannibalise the falcon market.

it'll be a great car though, no doubt about it. anyone who buys any of holden's korean garbage needs a bullet.

Uni/.
Uni is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post