Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 04-09-2005, 05:37 PM   #1
focus_gal
Starter Motor

Default Ordered an LX hatch on Friday

Hey all, I just found this forum after searching for some info on the car I just bought - a Focus LX Hatch in Titanium Grey. My mother up until a few weeks ago worked as a Stock Controller in various Ford Dealers for 22 years, until she had to give it up due to ill health. If it wasn't for her and her contacts, I too would be waiting the kind of times many are on this board to get the car. Even as it stands she has helped the Sales Manager orchestrate a swap of a car due in October for one that has just landed here in the last couple of days with another dealer. This is something they do often but with Focus being so scarce its not an easy task. Anyway I am hoping to take delivery (barring all disasters) in a week or so. I currently drive an AUIII Falcon and am looking forward to getting back to a hatchback after having driven many Lasers before I got the Falcon. As someone else said on this board, everyday in the old car seems like an eternity until I get the new one.

I have told Mum many of the stories that have been told here regarding the delivery of Focus and she says that basically once a dealership is given their allocation and settled on it (ie if they are told they have say 10 Focus they can ask for only 5 which means the remaining 5 go back into the allocation pool) they have absolutely no control whatsoever as to what happens to that car from that point on until it lands here. At least with the locally built cars dealers can not only see where its at but also even change colours, transmissions etc depending on what stage of production the cars are at of course.

Anyway I am glad I found this board and look forward to posting pics of my new beast when it arrives.

Last edited by focus_gal; 04-09-2005 at 07:48 PM.
focus_gal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2005, 05:45 PM   #2
owens

Hi.

Welcome to the board, I'm only new here myself but have recently got an LX sedan. At the moment I am stuck at work looking at my car out the window, I just want to get out there and drive it! It's addictive!

Hope you enjoy your new car when you get it.

Cheers,
Owen.
owens is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2005, 06:39 PM   #3
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Welcome Focus gal. Hope you really enjoy the new Focus and the Ford Forums. They're a fairly friendly bunch on here, always willing to help and discuss focus related stuff.

Also, take a look at the www.eurofordclub.com. Absolutely nothing to join, but a great bunch of people with a strong interest in Euro Fords

(I am assuming we are classing Mark 2 Focus as a Euroford??? Even though it's made in South Africa??!!)
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2005, 06:47 PM   #4
BlackLS

Hi Focus Gal,

Welcome to the forums and congrats on your new purchase! Might need to warn you that this place is addictive.

I've also ordered an LX hatch, cept in Black.

I've been told I will get it by mid-october. :( Ah well gives me a chance to organise mods

Cheers,
Chris
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2005, 07:25 PM   #5
losfp

Congrats, focus gal, and I hope your car is ready asap!

Yeah, it was a bit of a rude shock for me (this was the first new car I've ever bought), I just couldn't believe how little information the dealer was able to give to me. Not really a positive experience at all. When I receive my car (finally!!), I'll be emailing Ford to let them know just how I feel ("I will be very angry with them, and I will write them a letter, telling them just how angry I am!!")... Not sure it will do any good, but I figure I deserve to have my opinion heard.

Finally the home straight now, I hope....

(Oh, by the way... if the LX Hatch in Titanium Grey that has just landed in the country a few days ago that you are getting is actually MINE, then I think you and I will need to have a little chat... ;) )
losfp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2005, 05:43 AM   #6
focus_gal
Starter Motor

: I have it on good authority they'd never swap out a car that someone has signed up to buy. So I hope to at least have some idea when the dealership will actually get my car today.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:17 AM   #7
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
(I am assuming we are classing Mark 2 Focus as a Euroford??? Even though it's made in South Africa??!!)
Correct! It has European blood in its veins... I can't wait till the Mk II debuts as a rally car, with some decent drivers!

Congrats on your purchase, Focus Gal! Titanium Grey is a great choice!

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2005, 09:44 AM   #8
whippet_zetec
Supes

Quote:
Originally Posted by losfp
I'll be emailing Ford to let them know just how I feel ("I will be very angry with them, and I will write them a letter, telling them just how angry I am!!")... Not sure it will do any good, but I figure I deserve to have my opinion heard.
by the time you get into your New Foci the driving pleaseure of a) the new car, and b) being the new Focus and all the attention it will grab you - you will forget all about how ****ed you are at the moment.
Old 05-09-2005, 09:56 AM   #9
losfp

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippet_zetec
by the time you get into your New Foci the driving pleaseure of a) the new car, and b) being the new Focus and all the attention it will grab you - you will forget all about how ****ed you are at the moment.
whippet_zetec, that's why I'm waiting until I get the car before I say anything. If I wrote something last friday for instance, I was liable to say something rash
Old 12-09-2005, 06:29 PM   #10
focus_gal
Starter Motor

Hey just a quick update, my car arrived at the dealer today and I am picking it up on Thursday :
Old 12-09-2005, 07:54 PM   #11
losfp

Hey focus gal, that's brilliant

I can tell you it's a very very nice car indeed! Love it the more I drive it.
Old 14-09-2005, 08:26 PM   #12
focus_gal
Starter Motor

Well I picked up my car today instead of Thursday since the only day I could get my phone car kit refitted was Thursday so I rearranged delivery. It looks absolutely magic! I only drove it the short distance home, so I am looking forward to taking it for a nice long spin to work tomorrow (I commute to Sydney from the Central Coast). Anyway the only concern I have right now is that the radio doesn't seem to be picking up the Sydney stations at all, I have always been able to get Triple M and 2 Day FM fine even from home but I can't even get a weak signal. Has anyone experienced this?
Old 14-09-2005, 09:32 PM   #13
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Radio reception seems better then my BA Falcon...

Not really sure on how far away you are, plus we have never had the focus out of the metro area and dont plan to.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 09:23 AM   #14
losfp

Quote:
Originally Posted by focus_gal
Well I picked up my car today instead of Thursday since the only day I could get my phone car kit refitted was Thursday so I rearranged delivery. It looks absolutely magic! I only drove it the short distance home, so I am looking forward to taking it for a nice long spin to work tomorrow (I commute to Sydney from the Central Coast). Anyway the only concern I have right now is that the radio doesn't seem to be picking up the Sydney stations at all, I have always been able to get Triple M and 2 Day FM fine even from home but I can't even get a weak signal. Has anyone experienced this?
Nice work! I probably only drive 1km in our car for every 5 that my fiancée drives (she drives a 70km round trip every day, I drive on the weekends) but it's been great though a little weird actually fighting over who is going to drive for a change!!

We haven't had any problems with the radio reception, seems a bit better than our old car. Haven't taken it outside of Sydney yet though.

We mostly play an iPod through the Aux in
Old 16-09-2005, 02:29 PM   #15
focus_gal
Starter Motor

Just wondering, have any of you replaced or added to your original CD players? If so how/where did you have them installed as I can see nowhere in this latest Focus that you could do it without almost wrecking the entire dash.