Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 26-11-2011, 10:18 PM   #1
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 
Default Focus Sport Joins the Family

Today my wife and I went to Strapp Ford and ordered a Focus Sport Hatch Auto in Candy Red, very nice car the new Focus has really stepped up a class in quality and features.
As of this month all new Sport and Titanium models coming into Australia will have a bigger center screen and sat nav as standard.
My wife is excited she had 4 good warranty free years from a 2008 Feista and now looking forward to her new car, a reward for giving up smoking extra $90 a week in her pocket..
We went there to buy a Titanium, she decided she could live without heated seats, parking assist, partial leather seats, although she would have liked the keyless start option, wanting that alone didn't make worth the extra coin.
My mum has 2009 Focus Hatch, My dad has a 2009 Focus Sedan both trouble free driving..
Now the wait, Focus sales are up by 28% and I heard it scored Drive car of the year beating the VW Golf...
http://theage.drive.com.au/car-of-th...122-1ns6b.html

Thanks to Sathis at Strapp Ford Doncaster for his assistance today..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW

Last edited by SpoolMan; 26-11-2011 at 10:29 PM.
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2011, 10:56 PM   #2
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Focus Sport Joins the Family

good work, cant wait to see some pics. That candy red is a great colour
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2011, 11:41 PM   #3
ConradP

Nice choice I bought my car from Sathis last year at Strapps.

When will you be taking delivery?
Old 27-11-2011, 12:21 PM   #4
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConradP
Nice choice I bought my car from Sathis last year at Strapps.

When will you be taking delivery?
Stocks are very low on hatch models best case around a month most likely middle of January, the ship is now in transit...
There are a few sedans around they appear to be not so popular same deal with the Mustard color Focus.
Dealer has a few Trends and that's about it, there waiting on Ambient, Sport and Titanium hatch models to replenish stocks.

Old 27-11-2011, 10:09 PM   #5
sysh
A few screw loose

Congratulations! Haven't seen too many LWs on the roads of Victoria yet.. hope to see more in the near future
sysh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2011, 10:58 PM   #6
jonohoang

Just brought a White Sports Focus in auto too.
Delivery will be by 24th of Dec, but they said should hopefully arrive earlier.

Cant wait
jonohoang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2011, 02:05 AM   #7
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonohoang
Just brought a White Sports Focus in auto too.
Delivery will be by 24th of Dec, but they said should hopefully arrive earlier.

Cant wait
The waiting game I have played many times before, lets hope Santa doesn't disappoint.

Old 28-11-2011, 09:41 AM   #8
Nolz

Congrats!

I've had the exact some model and colour for a week now. I was worried that the drop in power from the T would have me wanting. And yes there are times I wish the focus had an extra 200rwkw on top of my wholesome stock output, but for the most part it's been a pearler! You guys won't be disappointed.

Savings on fuel, features, the way it handles far out weight the power deficit at this stage
Nolz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2011, 10:18 PM   #9
jonohoang

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
The waiting game I have played many times before, lets hope Santa doesn't disappoint.
hahaha thank you!
Think we all made a good decision with the focus.

@ Nolz - you going to post up some pics and a quick review?
Old 28-11-2011, 10:31 PM   #10
Nolz

Since you asked....I'll get onto it now.
Old 29-11-2011, 10:51 PM   #11
jonohoang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolz
Since you asked....I'll get onto it now.

haha legend
nice write up!
Old 01-12-2011, 12:20 AM   #12
fomoco_mofo
Starter Motor

Quote:
There are a few sedans around they appear to be not so popular same deal with the Mustard color Focus.
I own a Mustard colored Focus, and I don't give a rat's what anyone thinks about the color, I love it.

Last edited by SpoolMan; 01-12-2011 at 02:15 AM. Reason: filter
fomoco_mofo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2011, 12:26 AM   #13
sysh
A few screw loose

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco_mofo
I own a Mustard colored Focus, and I don't give a rat's what anyone thinks about the color, I love it.
.. I think the Mustard Olive looks totally rad in Sports / Titanium. Must be a combi between the sports suspension and chrome trims.

Last edited by SpoolMan; 01-12-2011 at 02:16 AM. Reason: filter quote
sysh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2011, 02:25 AM   #14
SpoolMan

I remember in 2003 BA Falcon Citric Acid was one of those colors that made a bold statement, the more you seen it on the road the more you grew to like it.

Last edited by SpoolMan; 01-12-2011 at 02:30 AM.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:26 AM   #15
SpoolMan

Spoke to Strapp Ford yesterday our Focus was wholesaled on the 31st, now they need to get it ready, tint, weather-shields and delivery should be this Friday..

Old 04-01-2012, 07:46 AM   #16
Nolz

Almost there
Old 04-01-2012, 09:41 AM   #17
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

What's the interior room like in the new Focus?

We are looking (hoping) to trade the Paj in at the end of the year and are considering ALL options.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #18
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe
What's the interior room like in the new Focus?

We are looking (hoping) to trade the Paj in at the end of the year and are considering ALL options.
Plenty of room inside, my dad has a Focus sedan the boot size is generous.

Old 04-01-2012, 12:32 PM   #19
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

I'm starting to see more MKIII (LW) Focus on the roads now and am curious to know what the new owner's are coming from?. We know Rapid is trading the Pajero.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #20
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie
I'm starting to see more MKIII (LW) Focus on the roads now and am curious to know what the new owner's are coming from?. We know Rapid is trading the Pajero.
I am new to posting questions in this section and it looks to my like we have many new users asking and posting about the Focus, possibly all coming from another manufacturer.
My wifes last car was a 2007 Fiesta.
I have a friend he is considering moving from a 2007 Toyota Kluger into a 2011 Focus Sport.

Old 04-01-2012, 12:43 PM   #21
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Plenty of room inside, my dad has a Focus sedan the boot size is generous.
Excellent, I know it's not gonna have the same room as the Paj but the wife likes the look of them too and keeps pointing them out to me when she sees one.

Eddie, used to have Fords prior to the Japanese sojourn. Main things for us will be room, running costs and maintenance, as well as fuel use. Hopefully won't cost us heaps in insurance either.

EDIT - We were looking at 6 cyl cars but the wife doesn't want to give over anymore money than we have to to the government.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:26 PM   #22
Nolz

Previous ride is in my avatar, a tinkered FG XR6T. Wife has a Forester so there was no need for me to get another big car. Looked around at others in its class but the focus was the freshest styling, build quality was up but most importantly, handling and performance was a real pleasant surprise.
When features/build/performance was all weighed up, to me it seemed the best value.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #23
SpoolMan

Got the car yesterday, very impressed with quality of finish inside and the amount of electrical gadgets & features has exceeded my exceptions and all this for a $30k car on continental tyres with GPS, Top value..
Is doubt there is another car built in Europe that has the features for $30k that a Focus Sport has from Factory..
Drives great, looks great, I particularly like the front, she is very happy...

Many thanks to Sathis and the team @ Strapp Ford Doncaster who delivered the car on time, with a full tank of fuel and did a 1 hour introduction on the car and its workings, this is the 3rd Ford I have purchased from Sathis he always comes up triumphs on the customer service and deal$.

A few reduced quality snaps I took yesterday late afternoon on my phone..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kimfocus2.jpg (109.2 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg kimsfocus.jpg (128.2 KB, 77 views)

Last edited by SpoolMan; 07-01-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:36 PM   #24
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Looks tops, im warming to these cant wait for the ST it will be very tempting i can assure you.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2012, 02:41 PM   #25
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Looks tops, im warming to these cant wait for the ST it will be very tempting i can assure you.
If they can keep pushing the value and quality out like this and give us guys a bit more mumbo under the bonnet, you never know who you may see in one....

Old 07-01-2012, 04:01 PM   #26
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
If they can keep pushing the value and quality out like this and give us guys a bit more mumbo under the bonnet, you never know who you may see in one....
Maybe a convert eh?
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2012, 04:19 PM   #27
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Great looking car, love the wheels.
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2012, 07:19 PM   #28
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Maybe a convert eh?
The finish of the car and its features for that money has won me no doubt, would still need a few more herbs under the bonnet to become a daily for me, its nice to buy something and it exceeds your expectations.

Old 07-01-2012, 07:27 PM   #29
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Looks fantastic, wife loves the pics Spooly.

Always makes you feel good when you spend money and get more than you bargained for.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:54 PM   #30
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Mark you know what want a RS..still plenty about.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post