Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 21-03-2022, 01:43 PM   #18661
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

A guy at work who I sit right next to tested positive so now I'm a close contact. He texted me after I just arrived into the office this morning. 30kms later Tested positive on Sunday though

Negative RAT and feel fine for now.
Old 21-03-2022, 02:02 PM   #18662
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
A guy at work who I sit right next to tested positive so now I'm a close contact. He texted me after I just arrived into the office this morning. 30kms later Tested positive on Sunday though

Negative RAT and feel fine for now.
I thought the definition of a close contact had changed? It only relates toy household members that you have spent more than 4 hours with. And there's discussion that the definition will further be refined removing the household member (so no close contacts?).

Mind you, your employer may be treating a work colleague who test positive as a close contact.

Either way, better safe than sorry taking a RAT.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
This user likes this post:
Old 21-03-2022, 06:04 PM   #18663
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
I thought the definition of a close contact had changed? It only relates toy household members that you have spent more than 4 hours with. And there's discussion that the definition will further be refined removing the household member (so no close contacts?).

Mind you, your employer may be treating a work colleague who test positive as a close contact.

Either way, better safe than sorry taking a RAT.
It's counted as high risk exposure by ACT Health. The only difference really is that with household contact you are legally mandated to quarantine.

Quote:
High Risk Exposure – a person who has had a prolonged and close interaction with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 during their infectious period. ACT Health recommends they quarantine for 7 days from the last date of exposure.
I was talking with HR and agreed to quarantine and WFH for the week.
Old 22-03-2022, 10:55 AM   #18664
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Australia / New Zealand
NSW records 20,960 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 1.0616 (from 1.0131) while the actual line moves well above the predictive trend line.

VIC records 9,594 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 1.0616 (from 1.0234) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend.

No states set a new daily record on 21/3 but total deaths for the year-to-date pass 3,500.

Here is the predictive trend graph for four States based on cases since Omicron was identified which, for our purposes, will be taken as December 1st.

New Zealand data goes back to January 15th and the actual line remains below the predictive trend line.

Observatio Facta Rotae

4 users like this post:
Old 22-03-2022, 02:34 PM   #18665
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT March 21st 2022.

40,132 new cases for Australia and 8 deaths so the CMR is 0.145%.

NZ recorded 15,509 cases and 12 deaths for a CMR of 0.033%.

The UK reported 225,672 cases and 168 deaths over 3 days for a CMR of 0.806%.

15,215 new cases in the USA yesterday and 339 deaths sees CMR at 1.226%.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 472M;
Europe passes 171M cases;

No countries

...recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while Denmark and Portugal drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 22-03-2022, 03:52 PM   #18666
HIPO
Al

I see the CDC in the US quietly dropped their death figures by 24%.....
Old 22-03-2022, 05:03 PM   #18667
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIPO View Post
I see the CDC quietly dropped their death figures by 24%.....
Really!?

The CDC in the US have been quoting just under 1 million deaths due to Covid.

Do you have a link to where they now claim just under 750000 deaths?

I can wait.....
Old 22-03-2022, 06:52 PM   #18668
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive been watching that too....not seen a 24% change
Old 22-03-2022, 08:24 PM   #18669
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Asking for a friend

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
Old 23-03-2022, 11:17 AM   #18670
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Australia / New Zealand
NSW records 24,115 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 1.0747 (from 1.0616) while the actual line moves further above the predictive trend line.

VIC records 10,471 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 1.0852 (from 1.0616) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend.

No states set a new daily record on 22/3.

Here is the predictive trend graph for four States based on cases since Omicron was identified which, for our purposes, will be taken as December 1st.

New Zealand data goes back to January 15th and the actual line remains moves back above the predictive trend line.

As it was the end of our week yesterday, here are the weekly case numbers with NSW having 72,462 more cases then Victoria last week while Victoria recorded 13,983 more cases than the previous week; NSW recorded 33,293 more, Queensland 16,561 more and WA 13,044 more. We’ve added WA to the chart despite the much later start to their Omicron outbreak.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 23-03-2022, 11:34 AM   #18671
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

A housebound pachyderm, now more clearly observed:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-...ovid/100913742

The article also speaks to Australian deaths in earlier 2021:
Quote:
…Professor Bennett said the Health Department data also revealed that earlier in the pandemic, lockdowns and strict COVID-19 protocols saved fewer lives than expected.

"We did not see the 2020 drop in death rate over winter repeated in 2021, even though the international border was still closed, and we had extremely low rates of flu and COVID infection control precautions continuing in most jurisdictions," Professor Bennett said.

"This suggests that the lives saved from preventing COVID infection were offset by other causes of death, and quite possibly the longer-term cumulative effects of social and care deprivation under COVID policy."
(My emboldenment of text.)
2 users like this post:
Old 23-03-2022, 01:04 PM   #18672
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT March 22nd 2022.

53,186 new cases for Australia and 27 deaths so the CMR is 0.144%.

NZ recorded 20,954 cases and 14 deaths for a CMR of 0.034%. Case numbers also pass the 0.5M mark.

The UK reported 94,279 cases and 250 deaths for a CMR of 0.803%.

33,181 new cases in the USA yesterday and 770 deaths sees CMR at 1.226%.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 474M;
Asia passes 133M cases;

Channel Islands (3,337)

...recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Canada moves above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 23-03-2022, 01:22 PM   #18673
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Can you imagine the panic 12-18 months ago if there were 53,000 odd new cases in a day?
Become quite blasé hasn’t it?
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
6 users like this post:
Old 23-03-2022, 10:58 PM   #18674
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Back to the office today after a 2+ year hiatus. Found a spider in my work shoes as I went to dust it off this morning The global "covid response manager" is still not keen on everyone returning to the office and has placed a 50% cap. They like to set global policies rather than regional, so whilst we might be doing ok here, the policies take into account of other regions not doing so well. Not a problem though, cos our head office is only hitting about 20% cap. Return to office is not mandatory, so at the moment, I'm gonna do 1 day a week. Its good to see all the familiar faces again, doesn't feel like anything has changed, everyone still looks the same. I struggled to see past 2pm....the whole office environment makes me really sleepy. Left at 3:45 just so I could "beat traffic"...and yep...there was lots!

Interestingly, the local cafe said their business has boomed in the last 2 years, mainly cos residents in the area was flocking in during restrictions. We are situated just on the fringe of the CBD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
Can you imagine the panic 12-18 months ago if there were 53,000 odd new cases in a day?
Today's cases is very different to 18 months ago before vaccines and the less severe variants. If I recall, Victoria's 2nd wave topped around 700 cases a day, but took 800 odd lives in a very short time. Seems to be more acceptance than anything else. Plus there are other things to talk about and be scared of on the news.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 24-03-2022, 10:26 AM   #18675
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Australia / New Zealand
NSW records 24,803 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 1.0713 (from 1.0747) while the actual line moves further above the predictive trend line.

VIC records 10,259 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 1.0773 (from 1.0852) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend.

WA (8,429) set a new daily record on 23/3.

New Zealand data goes back to January 15th and the actual line remains moves back above the predictive trend line.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2022, 12:51 PM   #18676
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT March 23rd 2022.

62,527 new cases for Australia and 25 deaths so the CMR is 0.143%.

NZ recorded 20,954 cases and 14 deaths for a CMR of 0.034%. Case numbers also pass the 0.5M mark.

The UK reported 102,267 cases and 194 deaths for a CMR of 0.800%.

32,055 new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,450 deaths sees CMR at 1.228%.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 475M;
Europe passes 172M cases;
Asia passes 134M cases;
Italy passes 14M cases;
South Korea passes 10M cases;
Australia passes 4M cases;
USA passes 1M deaths;

Laos (2,625); and
Germany (301,544)

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 24-03-2022 at 01:02 PM.
Old 24-03-2022, 02:27 PM   #18677
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
Agreed, but, you dont know what you dont know and hindsight makes geniuses of us all.

One can only hope we learn and do things better in the future.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 24-03-2022, 03:10 PM   #18678
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Agreed, but, you dont know what you dont know and hindsight makes geniuses of us all.

One can only hope we learn and do things better in the future.
further to Charliewools post.

Its become old news and not for all.......yet its still going through many (another variant) as Russell's daily figure's tell.
We've moved on thankfully due to vaccine rates and people trying to get back to the new normal.
In saying that for many it still effects daily life that used to be front and centre in the media etcetc.

Staggers me how our Govs come to some decisions.
Your allowed out, go to malls or crowded areas masks dropped.
Yet workers (most) in shops and using public transport (Sydney) masks are required.
Like wtf........

Just past Friday our no2 double vaxxed son tested pos Sunday via rat test due to a mates party that night.
He got tipped off some got pos results.
Sunday night he had typical flu symptoms, aching body, temp headache.
Obviously locked him up in his room, rest of us done PCR tests Monday all negative.
He's coming out of it well by Tuesday and keeping him in the required 7days.
What I wonder is why being we test negative and doing the right thing staying home why ?
Happy to do rat tests every 2nd day for eg.......

Then just last night one of my bro inlaws sms'd me we can't catch up this weekend for his daughter tested pos from school.
Telling me its going rife at their school - he said several friends of his 2 kids are pos.

Its all old news now in the big picture but like I said, its in someone's life daily.

I saw a 4th jab is coming up for O65's soon.
No doubt about it I'm all for looking after them (heck I'm knocking at that door lol) and will make sure our aging parents and inlaws are jabbed but seriously how many more I wonder ?
Will there be another huge new outbreak, how are we gonna be managed next time as Polyal quotes, doing things better in the future.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
2 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2022, 04:02 PM   #18679
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Governments have a poor track record just about anywhere for getting things right and while the Victorian experience of 2020 with COVID in the aged care system, it really only highlighted just how poor that sector was managed full stop.

There are still countries struggling with COVID.

Our 10-day average in Australia is a little over 46k cases / day or 180 cases / 100k of total population.

Comparatively:
The UK has a 10DA of 82k cases / day or 120 cases / 100k.
Italy has a 10DA of 63k cases / day or 136 cases / 100k.
France has a 10DA of 97k cases / day or 150 cases / 100k.
Slovakia has a 10DA of 8.3k cases / day or 153 cases / 100k.
Vietnam has a 10DA of 158k cases / day or 162 cases / 100k.
Greece has a 10DA of 22.6k cases / day or 217 cases / 100k.
Germany has a 10DA of 219k cases / day or 261 cases / 100k.
Netherlands has a 10DA of 46k cases / day or 267 cases / 100k.
New Zealand has a 10DA of 17,673 cases / day or 366 cases / 100k.
Austria has a 10DA of 43.5k cases / day or 483 cases / 100k.
South Korea has a 10DA of 387k cases / day or 741 cases / 100k!

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 25-03-2022 at 12:56 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2022, 04:29 PM   #18680
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Cheers Russell......
Slovaks doing very well considering the geography.
Damn SK just morphing like mad.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 24-03-2022, 07:16 PM   #18681
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have to laugh about all this ****. Work finally sent out a text saying there was a positive case in my office but there are no close contacts.

This is despite sitting right next to the bloke and talking with HR about me lining up with the ACT Health definition about high risk exposure and should do quarantine

One thing I have learned is that unless you're a household contact you don't have to legally quarantine in ACT so **** that

Day 6, negative RAT again. Good to go tomorrow right in time for the best time of the week
3 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2022, 08:24 PM   #18682
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Governments have a poor track record just about anywhere for getting things right and while the Victorian experience of 2020 with COVID in the aged care system, it really only highlighted just how poor that sector was managed full stop.

There are still countries struggling with COVID.

Our 10-day average in Australia is a little over 46k cases / day or 180 cases / 100k of total population.

Comparatively:
New Zealand has a 10DA of 1,421 cases/day or 29 cases / 100k.
The UK has a 10DA of 82k cases / day or 120 cases / 100k.
Italy has a 10DA of 63k cases / day or 136 cases / 100k.
France has a 10DA of 97k cases / day or 150 cases / 100k.
Slovakia has a 10DA of 8.3k cases / day or 153 cases / 100k.
Vietnam has a 10DA of 158k cases / day or 162 cases / 100k.
Greece has a 10DA of 22.6k cases / day or 217 cases / 100k.
Germany has a 10DA of 219k cases / day or 261 cases / 100k.
Netherlands has a 10DA of 46k cases / day or 267 cases / 100k.
Austria has a 10DA of 43.5k cases / day or 483 cases / 100k.
South Korea has a 10DA of 387k cases / day or 741 cases / 100k!
New Zealand a typo?

Old 24-03-2022, 10:13 PM   #18683
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I have to laugh about all this ****. Work finally sent out a text saying there was a positive case in my office but there are no close contacts.

This is despite sitting right next to the bloke and talking with HR about me lining up with the ACT Health definition about high risk exposure and should do quarantine

One thing I have learned is that unless you're a household contact you don't have to legally quarantine in ACT so **** that

Day 6, negative RAT again. Good to go tomorrow right in time for the best time of the week
I cant talk for anyone else but Im way past giving a toss about all of it, until people start dropping dead in the streets we have all done our bit. Time to move on, stop reporting and treat it like a bad flu.

While that suits the anti govco lot we have done all we can practically do.

I heard on the news this morning there are talks of an omicron sub variant, whoop-dido, of course there is....and of course its more transmissible etc etc.

The only people that seem to care anymore are the bureaucrats and management to scared to contest or make a decision independent of the gov. Which essential all comes down to risk mitigation, not from a health POV but a legal/financial.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
5 users like this post:
Old 25-03-2022, 12:58 AM   #18684
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
New Zealand a typo?
It certainly was worse than a typo and I've fixed it in the original post. It's actually 366 cases / 100k!

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 25-03-2022, 02:46 PM   #18685
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT March 24th 2022.

63,184 new cases for Australia and 36 deaths so the CMR is 0.141%.

NZ recorded 48,491 cases and 8 deaths for a CMR of 0.034%.

The UK reported 97,819 cases and 159 deaths for a CMR of 0.797%.

46,794 new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,206 deaths sees CMR at 1.228%.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 477M;
Europe passes 173M cases;
Asia passes 135M cases;

Only
Germany (305,592)

Malta move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 25-03-2022, 03:52 PM   #18686
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Australia / New Zealand
NSW records 23,702 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 1.0541 (from 1.0713) while the actual line moves further above the predictive trend line.

VIC records 9,244 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 1.0317 (from 1.0773) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend.

WA (8,616) set a new daily record on 24/3.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 25-03-2022, 08:01 PM   #18687
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Watching everyone lose their mind having to go back to the office on Monday. To be fair I get the argument to some degree but this epic meltdown has been giving me a ****en laugh for sure

Unless you're wrapping yourself in a bubble all the time and not out doing what you want to do, you have no right to complain. Only reason I was WFH in the first place was because I was forced to and given how many have actually shown up since we were allowed to, I can't see any reason why I couldn't have been in the office the whole time!

It's quite clear that you can still WFH if your circumstances require it
Old 26-03-2022, 10:32 AM   #18688
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Data valid as at 00:00 GMT March 24th 2022.

63,184 new cases for Australia and 36 deaths so the CMR is 0.141%.

NZ recorded 48,491 cases and 8 deaths for a CMR of 0.034%.

The UK reported 97,819 cases and 159 deaths for a CMR of 0.797%.

46,794 new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,206 deaths sees CMR at 1.228%.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 477M;
Europe passes 173M cases;
Asia passes 135M cases;

Only
Germany (305,592)

Malta move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while no countries drop below.

Interesting the CMR for NZ is low as yet we're in the peak for infection and deaths .
When we had basically no cases and no deaths we were higher than Australia....i know its just a mathematical calculation but it shows how inaccurate it can be in real world situations ....huge infections lower the figure (as long as deaths dont get out of hand)

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
Old 26-03-2022, 01:54 PM   #18689
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My wife is a teacher who nearly got through term 1 (this is the last week of term) unscathed. She tested positive yesterday.Covid has run rampant through her class and the whole school.
She has 22 in her class and all 22 were present for only one day of the term. Her numbers have ranged from 6 upwards averaging out at 13 per day for the term.
Old 26-03-2022, 02:27 PM   #18690
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Australia / New Zealand
NSW records 19,843 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 1.0078 (from 1.0541) while the actual line remains just above the predictive trend line.

VIC records 8,349 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 0.9957 (from 1.0317) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend.

No states set a new daily record on 25/3.

New Zealand data goes back to January 15th and the actual line remains moves back below the predictive trend line.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Closed Thread