Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: Ford's Corporate P.R. Session - Impressive ?
Yes, pleased they made the effort to update us 41 32.80%
No - They should have made more effort to clearly map out the future of Falcon, FPV and Territory 47 37.60%
Corporate P.R. is just that and I'm undecided and will wait to see these vehicles in the metal 37 29.60%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
Rodge
Banned

Default Ford Exec's refuse to confirm Falcon production right through to Oct 2016

http://www.caradvice.com.au/246560/2...unprecedented/

Much seems to have been made about the positive aspects of yesterday's corporate presentation AKA as "damage control" and "corporate spin" from Ford but the fact is they're refusing to confirm production will continue right through to October 2016.

Less than one minute spent on the 2014 Falcon update at their corporate spin doctoring session and no confirmation of an updated FPV.

Does this corporate P.R. exercise impress you ?

Last edited by Rodge; 15-08-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2013, 04:20 PM   #2
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford Exec's refuse to confirm Falcon production right through to Oct 2016

The car is a year away. Why do you think they would have revealed it in full now...? It was a good effort to put that show on, they revealed what they needed to.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 15-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #3
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Default Re: Ford Exec's refuse to confirm Falcon production right through to Oct 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post

The car is a year away. Why do you think they would have revealed it in full now...? It was a good effort to put that show on, they revealed what they needed to.
Agreed.
New Falcon thread everyday, will it/wont it make it. Ford didnt do this and should have done that to save Falcon.

I reckon Ford will send it out with the bang it deserves hopefully.
6 users like this post:
Old 15-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #4
strobe

Is it just Ford who's expected to release their next generation product details and specs at your whim or do you guys pound away on apple/samsung/coles/myer forums with the same complaints?
strobe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 15-08-2013, 04:29 PM   #5
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I actually liked what they did, reminded me of the BA campaign a little, drip feeds of information. Hopefully they can gather at least half the interest as they did back then...
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-08-2013, 05:29 PM   #6
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

I'm sort of with rodge on this one, I was not expecting full details of the fh but it would have been nice to at least say that yes there will be 1 last gt or say if fpv will be around for the next model.
I mean its no surprise that an 8 , turbo 6 , na 6 & 4 will appear, but if fpv is on the block they could of said we intend to bring the final gt home with a blue oval on its nose
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
au2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #7
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

The session was all about presenting all the one Ford global vehicles For will bring to Australaia in the next 18 months or so.

Had Ford revealed the 2014 or even allowed themselves to discuss it in more detail, all attention would have gone with it
and not the products on show...
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 15-08-2013, 05:35 PM   #8
fte50
T3FTE -099. OnTemp Loan

Did anybody really think they were going devote a decent amount of time to Falcon ?
Beyond the fact its still a while away, Ford have already moved on and Falcon is basically buried, no longer fitting in with their 'future product vision'.
Falcon has been alienated, the whole show was just corporate damage control spin, knowing full well that there will be a backlash on the decision to cease manufacturing.

And yes, it would be fitting to make the last Falcon Aussie unique in terms of styling cues etc and make it the absolute best, but that takes pride and I suspect if Ford could shut it all down tomorrow without consequence they would. Lets just hope.

Warning - This users posts are classified (G).

G (General) – Contains material intended for general viewing. The content is very mild in impact.
IT IS STRONGLY ADVISED SENSITIVE ADULTS VIEW IN THE COMPANY OF CHILDREN
fte50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #9
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

For ford fans though, apart from the Everest, was there really anything new publicised that we were not already aware of?
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
au2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-08-2013, 08:19 PM   #10
XBv8mmm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by au2000 View Post
I'm sort of with rodge on this one, I was not expecting full details of the fh but it would have been nice to at least say that yes there will be 1 last gt or say if fpv will be around for the next model.
I mean its no surprise that an 8 , turbo 6 , na 6 & 4 will appear, but if fpv is on the block they could of said we intend to bring the final gt home with a blue oval on its nose
Couldn't agree more.

This was damage control at its best. I spoke with a salesman at my local Ford dealer today, he said they all watched the presentation and groaned when falcon got barely 1 minuet.
You could tell what the crowd at the do were thinking to.

So disappointing, the Falcon and it's derivatives are Ford Aust. once they're gone Ford will become just another importer, and not a top one either. Think Kia, SsangYong, great wall etc.
Old 15-08-2013, 08:50 PM   #11
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge View Post
http://www.caradvice.com.au/246560/2...unprecedented/

Much seems to have been made about the positive aspects of yesterday's corporate presentation AKA as "damage control" and "corporate spin" from Ford but the fact is they're refusing to confirm production will continue right through to October 2016.

Less than one minute spent on the 2014 Falcon update at their corporate spin doctoring session and no confirmation of an updated FPV.

Does this corporate P.R. exercise impress you ?
A very negative, biased, and (needlessly) vindictive post.

Yes, if the numbers don't work Ford would drop the Falcon before October 2016. They would also drop the Fiesta, Focus, Mondeo, Ranger if the numbers just didn't stack up.

The world doesn't revolve around Falcon.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-08-2013, 09:11 PM   #12
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Screw Caradvice, at least Drivel actually bothered to ask the right questions about it instead of twisting someone's words.

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/f...814-2rv7d.html

/thread

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #13
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Opportunity cost.
Continued investment Falcon and Territory Vs using that money to source and localise all those other vehicles.
I'd say that's the real "One Ford" choice Ford made, to broaden its net and go for significantly increased revenue.

While some may never be comfortable with that, it's a completely understandable business position but,
the nagging question I still have is whether Ford is up to providing the necessary importation logistics.
The vehicles we see in Australia are the "dress rehearsal" for the full on campaign coming but what
I notice is that Ford seems to be having significant problems getting the right products to dealerships and buyers....
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2013, 10:06 PM   #14
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Like someone above said, why would they concentrate on anything Falcon at the Go Further event? That wasn't what the day was about. There will be more info on Falcon released at an appropriate time, which Tuesday was not.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2013, 07:11 AM   #15
timeout

you guys are like deer standing in the headlights thinking your not going to get run over.

join the dots

discovery centre closing
prodrive pulling out
fpv shut down brought in house
fpr v8sc sponsorship rumblings.
early media release about forward plans and replacement products.

delay to the last model go live which give it about 1.5 yrs on sale.

and this last one won't commit to not shutting before 2016, which sucks however if the current vfacts data remains the same then they would have to deal with running at a loss or paying you to buy a car.

And that's what I put together reading the news and reading between the lines.

I wonder what will happen after the election and their plan b is? will we see these new cars earlier in the transition peice?
timeout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2013, 07:42 AM   #16
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFoot81 View Post
A very negative, biased, and (needlessly) vindictive post.

Yes, if the numbers don't work Ford would drop the Falcon before October 2016. They would also drop the Fiesta, Focus, Mondeo, Ranger if the numbers just didn't stack up.

The world doesn't revolve around Falcon.
I take issue with that, I'm entitled to my opinion and to vent a bit of frustration as is everyone else and you'll note that the second option its clear I voted for is the warm favourite.

Whether you like it or not many people who've spent big money on Falcon / Territory product over the years are feeling disaffected.

Fact is the Mondeo will not have anything even remotely like the performance of an F6 or a SC FPV or an XR6T/G6ET and not everyone wants a 2 door Mustang which is all they'll be replacing high power Falcon product with.
I also think Ford's lack of confirmation and / or dithering with even bothering to confirm whether there will be a FPV update is very poor public relations.

There's a backlash growing against Ford as noted by a couple of other posters above. AS far as i'm concerned the last high performance Falcon would have to be truly exceptional to tempt me to get the cheque book favouring Ford yet again.

If that was the top brass's best effort at damage control you can definitly put me in the "underwhelmed" catagory. Happy for you that you're so easily impressed.
7 users like this post:
Old 16-08-2013, 08:52 AM   #17
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Opinions and discussions are no probs what so ever but please, some people need to step back and let both sides of the discussion be heard?

I can understand where Roger is coming from. I expected a bit more on the future models of the Falcon and Territory as it was about the future and these 2 models ARE part of the future for the next 3 years apparently! It needed only to be a brief inclusion, Yes 'GT' is included? Yes a Turbo version will still be available..... Etc

That is not unreasonable when there are those passionate about Falcon. Not everyone is and that is fine...... But while some are sick of hearing about the 'whinging' Falcon owners ..... some Falcon owners are sick of being told to shut up ..... And constantly of late

Everyone accepts the falcon is going ..... What is needed now is just a little bit of reassurance that it will be around as promised AND sent of with a bit of respect

Nothing wrong with that? People are passionate about different things. Some are indifferent to the Falcon and some do not care. That is no probs but just stop crapping on those who really do?

Have a discussion by all means but don't put down others opinions because they differ to yours?

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2013, 09:00 AM   #18
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is this no suprise..I have always thought FH wouldn't surface..its 18 months late..VF 2 will be out..and Mondeo arrives same time..mmm....I think we will find the Mondeo will be the FH...I hope I am wrong and FORD gives us one hell of a surprise!!!!
Old 16-08-2013, 09:02 AM   #19
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBv8mmm! View Post
You could tell what the crowd at the do were thinking to.
Hmmm, what psychological research confirms your ability to do that?
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2013, 09:23 AM   #20
PHawk
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am totally happy with my SC Miami, don't really care what happens after 2016 if I change car in the future it will be Mustang in my sights, sorry to see Falcon's demise but I have mine so I'm happy....selfish I know
FG GT-P 315 6A
FG F6 310 6A
HSV Maloo LS3 6M
GT 335 6A
300 SRT8 Hemi 6.4
PX Ranger XLT
Commodore SS-V Redline LS3
2017 Triumph Speed Triple R
Triumph Street Triple RX
PHawk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 16-08-2013, 09:26 AM   #21
westy73

I'm with Rodge. You are obviously not as passionate about Falcon as Rodge is and I am. Others the same. So be that as it may, Falcon will die, yes, but Rodge, I and others can still vent at the lack of interest shown to their 'current' Falcon and Territory customers.
To push Ranger or Everest at me as a replacement doesn't cut it. They are worlds apart from the sophistication of the Falcon or Territory. Enjoy your imports but I like Rodge will go down loving the Falcon/Territory until it stops.

It's not a HATE campaign (a bit dramatic) but more a passionate Ford-lovers final battle for their beloved Falcon. We need more Rodge's out there who are so damn passionate. This is why Geoff Polites was so loved.
People these days are too damn lemming like in my opinion and as soon as you have a passionate opinion you are told to shut up. Well bugger anyone trying to stop me saying I LOVE FALCON and will be devastated when it is no more as it suits my needs perfectly.
Nothing else compares or will compare for ME !

PS. It seems the original post I replied to has been deleted. Still totally second Rodge's opinions though. Well said mate.
westy73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2013, 09:28 AM   #22
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No Everest release date ???? surely they have some idea on its on sale date??????
Old 16-08-2013, 09:38 AM   #23
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

The expectation of Falcon/Terri and the Aussie built remaining roadmap was building on the forum for some time since this event was announced. Just because it built never meant it would occur. I'm vested in it, emotionally, too. And I felt disappointment, and it wasn't hard to sense the subtle responses of the group gathered listening to it. There was a bit of crown whipping from presenters, didn't really froth the cappuccino.

Considering they'd all been gathered at a $4M on Ford's dollar the lack of reaction to most of the presentation was palpable.

Ford can make this work, but they need to keep their fingers on the public's pulse on Australian manufacturings' slow departure to keep their devotees engaged. And that's the tough part, it's the people with a deep emotional investment in the Aussie product that will develop expectations and are looking for something to keep them in the Ford faith.

There seems to be criticism sprinkled in this and many threads, but YES. For some Ford is Falcon, and Falcon is Ford. As it was with our dads, and their fathers before them in some cases. These guys are just looking, screaming for a 'FH' sendoff to keep them attached emotionally to the brand. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 16-08-2013, 09:52 AM   #24
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by westy73 View Post
I'm with Rodge. You are obviously not as passionate about Falcon as Rodge is and I am. Others the same. So be that as it may, Falcon will die, yes, but Rodge, I and others can still vent at the lack of interest shown to their 'current' Falcon and Territory customers.
To push Ranger or Everest at me as a replacement doesn't cut it. They are worlds apart from the sophistication of the Falcon or Territory. Enjoy your imports but I like Rodge will go down loving the Falcon/Territory until it stops.

It's not a HATE campaign (a bit dramatic) but more a passionate Ford-lovers final battle for their beloved Falcon. We need more Rodge's out there who are so damn passionate. This is why Geoff Polites was so loved.
People these days are too damn lemming like in my opinion and as soon as you have a passionate opinion you are told to shut up. Well bugger anyone trying to stop me saying I LOVE FALCON and will be devastated when it is no more as it suits my needs perfectly.
Nothing else compares or will compare for ME !
PS. It seems the original post I replied to has been deleted. Still totally second Rodge's opinions though. Well said mate.

Thanks Mate. The announcement on 22 May really rocked many enthusiasts boats, so to speak, and many of us enthusiasts are still coming to terms with the inevitable. I still remember the first day with my first FPV so fondly, driving out of John Andrew Ford's showroom with an immaculatly groomed brand new Neo Blue BF2 Typhoon, (I didn't even test drive an FPV before this I just knew from my BA Turbo days I had to have this car).

I drove it down the road and put some throttle on and went around a few corners and had to stop the car in absolute disbelief.
How on God's good earth was it possible to make such an exceptional car for only $60,000 Kiwi, I could scarely believe what I was experiencing was real.
To know its going is a bitter pill to swallow.

How other enthusiasts will cope I'm not sure but I plan to bring my servicing in to every 5,000 km's to boost its longevity and when it gets to about 75,000 km's it will be retired to weekend and special occassion duties only to further boost its longevity. It only gets about 7-8000 km's use a year at present and i'm 52 soon so by my calculations with this plan my fantastic SC GT-P could easily see me out. Hopefully if it dies before I do i'll be too old to care by then

AS Phawk and Auslandau suggested above, many of us are extremly happy with our FPV cars and others are totally wrapped with their Australian made vehicles and with very good reason, they're all very good.

Not sure what I was expecting from this PR excercise but some more respect for Australian made product certainly would not have gone amiss.

Yes the new Mondeo looks good and might make a good future A to B car for the weekday boring stuff.

Last edited by Rodge; 16-08-2013 at 09:57 AM.
6 users like this post:
Old 16-08-2013, 10:01 AM   #25
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

I think I prefer the Holden Threads than this constant attack on Ford by AFF members - nothing they do is right to them - it is really getting boring

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 16-08-2013, 10:06 AM   #26
Rodge
Banned

^^Nobody's putting a gun to your head and making you read it mate.

Here you go... www.ls1.com.au
4 users like this post:
Old 16-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #27
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford have come out and told us Falcon is going. I have and always will have a passion for the model, I have had 20 plus of them over my driving life, but I just can't understand why people insist on burying their heads in the sand as if anything we say will change this.
They have also said it will go on till 2016 yet lots on here disbelieve this even after being told again this will happen. I like Rodge plan to keep mine as i love the brand and always have, but I don't plan to get on here and rubbish their decisions constantly and I am sorry if that offends other forum members. I look forward to their future and cherish their past.
GT450
GT450 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2013, 10:27 AM   #28
Theo@BluePower
Bluepower
Donating Member1

We got the word today from Ford that the GT is finished at the end of the year and there will be no GT in 2014.

The V8 engine plant that was just installed in at the production plant
is to be disassembled as well.

So the 2014 XR8 that's coming sounds like it will be engine brought in from US like the 3V was.. So it might be N/A.
03 9305 3000

Theo@BluePower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2013, 10:28 AM   #29
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Thanks Mate. The announcement on 22 May really rocked many enthusiasts boats, so to speak, and many of us enthusiasts are still coming to terms with the inevitable.
Whilst I understand your disappointment as an enthusiast, unfortunately I do not think you, or your fellow enthusiasts, were the target audience.

Clearly, this segment, for whatever reason, has diminished to the point where FPVs, and Falcon for that matter, is a niche market. And, unfortunately, Ford have obviously lost a lot of money on what is now a niche market. If Ford were interested in maintaining you as a customer within this niche market, I think they would need to significantly increase the price of the product. If that were to happen, would these enthusiasts remain as such? I doubt it.

Quote:
AS Phawk and Auslandau suggested above, many of us are extremly happy with our FPV cars and others are totally wrapped with their Australian made vehicles and with very good reason, they're all very good.
I don't think that anyone on this forum (apart from the Holden lovers ) are suggesting that there is anything wrong with the product, per se, it's just that the market has changed to the point where it is no longer viable for the business to maintain this segment of the market under the current business model. So, Ford have changed the model. Will they lose some customers, no doubt, but they may just gain more than they lose.

Quote:
Not sure what I was expecting from this PR excercise but some more respect for Australian made product certainly would not have gone amiss.
Nor am I. Again, unfortunately, the Australian content of the Future of Ford plays a very small part of the revised business model. I think the amount of time spent on the Australian models was representative of the proportion the Australian models will play in that revised business structure. Whether we all like it or not, Ford is here not to satisfy niche markets, but to produce product that provides them with a reasonable return on their investment. Whichever way Ford moves, some supporters will be lost.

Quote:
Yes the new Mondeo looks good and might make a good future A to B car for the weekday boring stuff.
I don't mean any offence at all with this comment Rodge, but you (and your fellow enthusiasts) are probably not the market Ford is looking at in the future. Why, because it has not been profitable for them to continue to service you in the way they have to date. If you are prepared to look at other models in the line-up, then maybe they can. But, you may need to compromise on some of your preferences (ie, two door performance car instead of four, or American built in stead of Australian built, etc)

I've commented on this subject in a couple of threads, and really it can be summed up as follows:

If you prefer an Australian built product, you will be disappointed with the future Ford product

If you prefer a 4 door performance car, you will be disappointed with the future Ford product

If you prefer the Falcon product, you will be disappointed with the future Ford product

If you are prepared to overlook the above, then I think the future Ford product is exciting. We will now have access to some world class vehicles that we have not had access to before. We will also have access to a range of product across segments that we have never had access to before.

Finally, my reading of the purpose behind the presentation the other day was for one purpose only, and that was to get across to the general consumer of the Ford product (remembering that is no longer the Falcon buyer, nor is it a ford enthusiast who trawls the AFF most days) that Ford will remain as a car supplier post the cessation of manufacturing in this country. If you look at it from that perspective, I think it was reasonably successful. The proof will be in the pudding.

Craig H

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 16-08-2013, 10:47 AM   #30
XWGT