Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: VFACTS April 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Ok how about this story from last year…

https://www.drive.com.au/news/ford-a...ther-400-jobs/

Ford Australia has confirmed another 400 jobs are on the chopping block as the US car-maker continues to downsize its local operations.

A spokesperson for Ford in Australia told Drive the redundancies would mainly affect vehicle design and engineering staff, though a number of employees from other departments of the business will also be laid off.

“We have begun consultation with our employees and unions on our intention to offer a separation program for approximately 400 of our 1800 employees in Australia,” said the Ford Australia spokesperson.

The majority of these will be in product development and design, with a small number in other functions. The changes are part of Ford’s global drive to improve efficiency and transform its operations to meet future needs.”

The redundancies will affect approximately 22 per cent of Ford’s current Australian workforce, which will be reduced to about 1400 staff – or close to 900 fewer employees than the same time last year.

In October 2022, Drive reported Ford Australia had stood down 120 contract positions among approximately 2300 staff, which was followed by a ‘voluntary separation program’ earlier this year in which approximately 170 product development and design employees departed the car-maker’s local operations
You said “Most, if not all” and that’s BS.

99% of Fords Engineering footprint in Australia is T6, you just proved my point.

Many of the Engineering Redundancies for T6 were outsourced to India also.

Don’t reply, I’m not interested in going backwards and forwards.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2024, 06:14 PM   #2
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
You said “Most, if not all” and that’s BS.

99% of Fords Engineering footprint in Australia is T6, you just proved my point.

Don’t reply, I’m not interested in going backwards and forwards.
OK I apologise for misrepresentation but you can see how I and others would draw that
opinion for the article quoted, nowhere did it say how many E & D were pulled from T6 project
That was an assumption I Made, so thank you for conforming they are mostly unaffected
…that’s all we needed and it reassuring that engineering is staying.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2024, 08:00 PM   #3
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Breaking: "We're thrilled to see such a strong response to Everest and to satiate demand for more capacity we've decided to import the Expedition," a Ford spokesperson said.

*Nah, I made that up. But they should. Look at the market for these things.
Old 04-05-2024, 08:16 PM   #4
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"Compared to April 2023, hybrid sales were up 194.5 per cent to 16,466 sales, while plug-in hybrid (PHEV) sales were up 138.5 per cent to 1300 sales.

In contrast, EV sales were down 5.1 per cent on last April, with 6194 sales – strongly impacted by a year over year decline of 43.5 per cent for EV leader Tesla.

That resulted in market share of 6.4 per cent for EVs, down from 7.9 per cent in April 2023."

How much of this is people lining up a boat to come in/or not, for the month?
Old 04-05-2024, 08:49 PM   #5
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Also, Camry is in top 10 - the Sedan Strikes Back