Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2007, 02:19 PM   #1
Auuteage

Default Snapped axels, riddle me this...

As a follow up to my urgent mechanical trepair thread yesterday...

Just got back from the mechanics. Snapped axel. Im talking like taking a celery stick and snapping it in half.

Now, I had a stuffed axel and bearing on the other side a few months ago, wasnt snapped though.

I drive a one tonne ute, often carrying heavy loads, sometimes close to a tonne. WHY is this happening, it should be able to take the weight shouldnt it ?

With , say, a couple of heavy pallets, what would be the correct way to load them in the tray to minimise the stress on the axel? I always figured heavier stuff up the front, but sometimes it dosent work out that way. I think I need to know more about how I should be loading it up.

By the way, in the interest of being aware of getting ripped off, what would you expect to pay for a right hand side axel for a AU2 one tonner? Its getting sourced by mechanic who does all my work anyway and I dont think would rip me, but I want to be sure.

Thanks. Its great to have knowledgable people to go to here when everything goes to **** and you need to find out why !!!

Auuteage is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post