Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 11-01-2007, 12:13 AM   #1
starkersEB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Had a damn branch fall on my car today!!

Ok I was driving home from work today minding my own buisness when i look up to see a big a$$ branch drop from a tree onto my moving car, seeing as i was in peak hour traffic i couldnt hit the skids so i copped the ba$tard in the front of my car. I rang the council as soon as i got home and found out where i stood and they said, we will sent an abourist to check the tree and if it is unhealthy their insurance will cover it but if the tree is deemed to be heathy its prettymuch stiff *****!! (and we all know what "their" abourist will say) so looks like ill be footing the bill seeing as i dont have comp insurance. Not bloody happy!!

Heres some pics of what it did. P.S. the crack in the front bar was already there im too lazy to fix it lol
EDIT: Ispose one good thing will come out of this ill finally get rid of the EA bonnet!!

starkersEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2007, 12:15 AM   #2
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

bad luck there, will i be the first to say that's a write off :P
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2007, 12:42 AM   #3
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkersEB
Ok I was driving home from work today minding my own buisness when i look up to see a big a$$ branch drop from a tree onto my moving car, seeing as i was in peak hour traffic i couldnt hit the skids so i copped the ba$tard in the front of my car. I rang the council as soon as i got home and found out where i stood and they said, we will sent an abourist to check the tree and if it is unhealthy their insurance will cover it but if the tree is deemed to be heathy its prettymuch stiff *****!! (and we all know what "their" abourist will say) so looks like ill be footing the bill seeing as i dont have comp insurance. Not bloody happy!!

Heres some pics of what it did. P.S. the crack in the front bar was already there im too lazy to fix it lol
EDIT: Ispose one good thing will come out of this ill finally get rid of the EA bonnet!!

Quick buff ?

seriously see if you can get some leagal advice as you may have a case.. most of them do 10 minutes for very little..
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2007, 12:54 AM   #4
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

damn, that sucks. wrong place wrong time...
i think you should get some legal advice aswell, or your own tree guy to back you up...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2007, 12:59 AM   #5
Scott

What are the odds!? You are real lucky it didn't come through the windscreen.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2007, 01:26 AM   #6
babbo

Bastards! thats nasty! But like already said ur lucky that didnt come through the windscreen.
Nice car by the way!
babbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2007, 01:40 AM   #7
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

if its a gum tree then realy stiff **** as they always drop lims but other trees u may have a case but u can get free legal advice from the goverment on wakefild street right next to keven kenny tyres just go in there and make an apointment.
125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
eb91xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2007, 01:46 AM   #8
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkersEB
I was just about to say the exact same thing!!

bad luck mate. the car is looking pretty good too.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:58 AM   #9
Dezza
Parts bin special

That's gotta suck. Hope you do manage to get the money out of them

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2007, 03:42 AM   #10
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

Go back to said tree and pin/nail a note for the "Tree guy" promising him a carton of beer if he deems the branch should have been removed as it was rotting.
New & sprayed bonnet plus genuine light PLUS GT front bar repair. The tree caused this. You know it. :P All for the price of a carton of beer.
JADED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2007, 08:40 AM   #11
naughtyfalcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

get legal advice buddy,,it don't matter if the tree is healthy or not, they are liable for the damage as its there tree...
Old 11-01-2007, 10:45 AM   #12
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Nice EA mate. Im 99% sure that they are liable as tree is on council owned land. Good luck. Let us know how you get on.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:51 AM   #13
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thats aload of crap. what does it matter if the tree is healthy or not? they have the tree next to the road. it fell on your car. it could have landed through your windscreen and killed you. how can they claim that its not their fault if its healthy. yes, they can't help that from happening but it did and your car is damaged. they are liable, end of story.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:36 PM   #14
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

It happened to me a few year ago; a gum tree dropped a branch on my roof while I was stopped on the Corner of Wellington Street and Elder Street. Fixed the minor damage myself and figured it was an 'act of god' event. Most South West rural WA road are lined with trees so I was just grateful it was a small branch from a lemon scented gum and not a whole karri tree.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:40 PM   #15
Nashy86

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb91xr6
if its a gum tree then realy stiff **** as they always drop lims but other trees u may have a case
Don't gum trees drop branchs when its dry to "save" water? Therefore if you get legal advice then you may be able to claim that the council knew its a drought and should have trimmed it, based on that you'd probably have MORE of a case if it was a gum
Written off whilst parked!

FG Mk II XR6T
Lightning Strike, 6 Speed Auto,, Dark Tint
Awesome toy for Grown Ups!
Nashy86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2007, 11:25 PM   #16
starkersEB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cheers for all the feedback guys i guess ive just got to wait to see what the council say and go from there, maybe ill be lucky.

Oh and cheers for the nice comments on my car. What sucks the most is i have to wait for bloody insurance comanies to sort their carp out so ive gotta keep my car looking like this indefinatly.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:28 PM   #17
starkersEB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyEB1
Don't gum trees drop branchs when its dry to "save" water? Therefore if you get legal advice then you may be able to claim that the council knew its a drought and should have trimmed it, based on that you'd probably have MORE of a case if it was a gum
From what the lady i spoke to said because gum trees do that they have a clause with their insurance company for these situations.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:30 PM   #18
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

If its any consulation, she still looks good even with the damage. Dont back down to the bastards, thats exactly what they want us car guys to do. As long as we are UNITED we will never be Defeated. All the best to ya.