Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 20-03-2006, 01:51 PM   #1
havoc19
Banned

Default extractors in adelaide

hey ppl im looking for some cheap extractors ceramic coated and fitted in adelaide so far ive been quoted 800 to 900 i think thats abit rich anyone konw of any cheap places cheers

havoc19 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2006, 01:53 PM   #2
agony
BLOWN 383 CHEV OWNER

mate thats not too bad at all supplied coated and fitted under $1000 these days is good, what price were you hoping for???
agony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2006, 02:51 PM   #3
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Hmm that does sound pricey, especially for a six.

For comparison, I paid an extra $200-300 on top of your quote and got two flanged cats, a muffler, and a custom semi-twin exhaust (albeit mild steel only) thrown in on top of having some coated Pacemakers fitted.

Look elsewhere and get a cheaper quote, or headhunt SA E-series members and ask them (PM?) about where they got their exhausts done.

The cheap option for you would be to get some non-coated extractors and run them under the tap for 20 minutes, as Adelaide tap water gives *anything* a good coating.

-Dave-
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2006, 03:29 PM   #4
5L
[ 5L ]

hahaha ghia 5l
havoc19- i picked mine up from the wreckers with a cat, so i could put them on at home i payed $150 they dont look the best but u can always put a custom heatshield over the top. -plus if u have a cat to suit putting extractors on and joins up with the rest of the exhasut it is an easy job and doesnt take very long- me on the other side i put the extractors on with no problems then came time joining the exhaust to the cat and after an hour or so trying to get them to join we drove down to the local exhaust shop (bout 5km) with it just coming out the extractors and he cut is and put new flanged on and joined it for 10 bucks
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post