Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-09-2007, 08:12 PM   #1
stera

Default Nokia 6110 Navigator

I have a slight situation I was hoping somebody may be able to help with.

I had a Nokia 6600 phone and it started playing up, then on day I went to access the contacts and it simply died and re-started itself.

After that, the phone would get to the enter pin screen, then just reboot 3 times, then just die. Having the phone outright and for about 5 years, I thought it was just time to upgrade.

Decided on a Nokia 6110 Navigator... FINALLY found one, bought it outright and put my pre-paid sim in... BEAUTIFUL... Everything worked fine... FOR ONE DAY!!!

Then as I was entering a contact, the phone went black... then back to the menu. It now wouldnt access contacts or dial ANY numbers... If u tried to dial, the screen would simply go black, then back to the menu... The sat nav stopped working also.

Replaced the sim... Returned it back to the shop I purchased from, but they have no spares, so have sent it to Nokia.

Should I see if Nokia can fix it, or should I be requesting my money back and purchase another one when they are available?

Thanks!

stera is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2007, 12:03 AM   #2
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

How long have you had it? Nokia as with all manufacturers have a ELF (Early Life Failure) period of 1-4 weeks. During this time, if the phone dies, you should be able to take it back to the shop and they will do an exchange with a NEW unit. Do not accept a repair!!

http://www.nokia.com.au/nokia/0,,79757,00.html#13

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2007, 12:07 AM   #3
drag

havent had one problem with my 6110 nav its working beutifull...but i got bored of it real fast lol.
drag is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2007, 08:42 AM   #4
stera

Quote:
Originally Posted by pertuan
How long have you had it? Nokia as with all manufacturers have a ELF (Early Life Failure) period of 1-4 weeks. During this time, if the phone dies, you should be able to take it back to the shop and they will do an exchange with a NEW unit. Do not accept a repair!!

http://www.nokia.com.au/nokia/0,,79757,00.html#13
Hey Pertuan,

At that stage I had had it for 1 day! But because there is such a shortage on the phone, if I waited for a replacement, I would be waiting up to two months. So I thought I would see if Nokia can do anything to repair the phone, but if I have any further trouble, will simply request a refund...

Thanks for the link... Will be interesting to see how it goes!!

Drag... Half your luck!! Care to swap phones? Lady at work just got a nav also.. Phone wont unlock itself!! ha! Good times!
stera is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2007, 12:08 PM   #5
King Nothing
He has, the Knack..

I was asking in my local optus shop about these phones, I was told that there was major issues with them and that they werent selling them. There may have been a recall on them or something

Workhorse, stock as a rock

2004 BA MKI Futura - Now the wife's

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL all round, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's, Scuff Plates, MP3 Connector

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

Now with baby seat and toys

175.6 rwkw

www.bseries.com.au/King_Nothing
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2007, 12:39 PM   #6
matsbfxr6

There's Just a shortage of them in the country and i beleive worldwide as well. As the model goes theyre a nice phone for a good price. Ive been waiting for them to restock so i can get one for myself. :
matsbfxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post