Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 06-06-2008, 11:10 AM   #1
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Default Alloy pedals

Has anyone purchased and fitted the alloy pedals from Ford Parts UK?

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/c/in...cessories_228/

I'm considering them for my XR5 and would like your views if you have put them on your Mondeo.

I thought I'd seen a pic on this forum of someone's car with them fitted, I mustn't be looking in the right spot I can't find it.

Also how do they go on? do you need to drill screw holes in the pedals or are they already there?

The mods: Window tint | Fomoco alloy pedals | Red painted brake calipers | THB Bury bluetooth | Bluefin | GGR CAI | Bilstein B6 sports dampers | Eilbach lowered coils | 2XS Inhaler (Top Induction Pipe) | EBC Ultimax discs and EBC red stuff brake pads | Mongoose 3" dump with Mongoose 3" 200 cell cat into custom system with Varex mufflers | Forge re-circ valve | Airtech intercooler coming soon
Lord Viykor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2008, 12:17 PM   #2
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

Yes I have them.

They are a genuine ford item, and fit perfect.

You need to drill holes in the stock metal pedal and all fitting hardware is included. You need a special rivet tool to expand a sleeve into the stock pedal.

Or alternatively you can just go to your local fastener shop and purchase some nyloc nuts, washers and cut down the sleeves provided to fit the pedals without the special tool.

However I would imagine ford could fit for you no worries.
LRsedan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2008, 04:24 PM   #3
perthxr6t
PERTHXR6T

We got them and had the dealer fit them when we took the car in for it's 3000k service and they look quite good

Panther Black XR5T Mondeo
Sunroof
BlueTooth
Mods So Far

Air Box Mod
Lowered Eibach Springs 25mm
Alloy foot Pedals
Waiting for the Edit to come
Custom Cat Back Zorst
perthxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2008, 04:51 PM   #4
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by perthxr6t
We got them and had the dealer fit them when we took the car in for it's 3000k service and they look quite good
I'm thinking of doing the same, too lazy to put them on myself.
The mods: Window tint | Fomoco alloy pedals | Red painted brake calipers | THB Bury bluetooth | Bluefin | GGR CAI | Bilstein B6 sports dampers | Eilbach lowered coils | 2XS Inhaler (Top Induction Pipe) | EBC Ultimax discs and EBC red stuff brake pads | Mongoose 3" dump with Mongoose 3" 200 cell cat into custom system with Varex mufflers | Forge re-circ valve | Airtech intercooler coming soon
Old 17-06-2008, 06:57 PM   #5
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

I tried ordering these online last week and it wouldn't process past the checkout.

So I emailed FordParts UK and the reply I got was they do not allow payments from outside of the UK. They are posting me a quotation.

Is this how it worked for those who have purchased the pedals from them? Just sounds strange to me.
Old 17-06-2008, 08:17 PM   #6
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

Yep, you send trevor an email. The site won't process outside UK.

He then sends you an email with the quote. In this quote he has a link to pay via paypal and also provides details for other payment methods.

Once you hit this link and pay via paypal or other means all your details are collected and the pedals are sent.

It seemed weird to me as well, but it went off without a hitch and I had my pedals about 5 days later...
Old 17-06-2008, 09:53 PM   #7
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRsedan
Yep, you send trevor an email. The site won't process outside UK.

He then sends you an email with the quote. In this quote he has a link to pay via paypal and also provides details for other payment methods.

Once you hit this link and pay via paypal or other means all your details are collected and the pedals are sent.

It seemed weird to me as well, but it went off without a hitch and I had my pedals about 5 days later...
Thanks for clearing that up, Paypal suits me fine.
Old 24-06-2008, 04:57 PM   #8
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

My pedals have turned up, quick service from the UK. The postage was a little expensive though.

Now to fit them or maybe I'll be lazy the car is having a 3000km service next week. It might be a good job for the dealership to do.
Old 30-06-2008, 12:30 PM   #9
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Decided not to be lazy and fit them myself. A fairly straight forward job, I used nyloc nuts as LRsedan suggested. The end result is a nice improvement.

From this

to this

Old 30-06-2008, 01:15 PM   #10
Dusty1
Giddy up!

New pedals and a vacuum by the looks of things.

Was it difficult to do? Perhaps you should put up a 'how to'.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2008, 02:20 PM   #11
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
New pedals and a vacuum by the looks of things.

Was it difficult to do? Perhaps you should put up a 'how to'.
Not hard to do, the pedals come with fairly detailed instructions.

I deviated from them by using nyloc nuts as the instructions show a tool that looks like a hand riveter for securing the supplied fastenings for the pedals.

A quick trip to the hardware got me some nuts that matched the supplied screws. The only thing to make sure of is you have adequate lighting, my accelerator pedal is slightly crooked. It looked good when I did in in the carport, once I got it into open light it's a little crooked. Mind you you have to have your head in the foot well area to notice it.
Old 30-06-2008, 10:06 PM   #12
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So what happens when those little rubber parts wear out if they are rubber

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2008, 07:58 AM   #13
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
So what happens when those little rubber parts wear out if they are rubber

apstar
No idea, the rubber seems to be the same type as the normal rubber boots on the pedals. One would hope you would get a few years out of them at least.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:33 AM   #14
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

If ford set it up like the other sports pedals, you can buy replacement rubbers.

They are separate to the alloy.

Nice job mate

Anyone else doing the job, I would recommend sitting in the back seat, looking over the front seat to align the pedals. You can see straight on and get a perfectly straight fit.

Its hard to do from the drivers footwell as you aren't looking straight on.

Sorry Viykor I should have mentioned it before. By the looks of it they are pretty spot on anyway
Old 23-06-2010, 02:56 PM   #15
warren77

Viykor: Did you cut down the sleeve or just put the nyloc nuts on?
I bought the nuts today to do this.
Was thinking that all I would need to do is drill a 5mm (or maybe 5.5mm to provide a bit of room for error) hole, put the supplied bolt through and then use the nyloc nut with a washer.
Not seeing how it would move.

In an early post LRSedan said he cut down the provided sleeve.
Not sure what the advantage of using the sleeve is?
Must be missing something.
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2010, 04:56 PM   #16
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren77
Viykor: Did you cut down the sleeve or just put the nyloc nuts on?
I bought the nuts today to do this.
Was thinking that all I would need to do is drill a 5mm (or maybe 5.5mm to provide a bit of room for error) hole, put the supplied bolt through and then use the nyloc nut with a washer.
Not seeing how it would move.

In an early post LRSedan said he cut down the provided sleeve.
Not sure what the advantage of using the sleeve is?
Must be missing something.
I did mine as you have thought out, just drilled the hole and put the nyloc nuts on the back of the pedal. Once tightened they can't move.
Old 27-06-2010, 07:19 PM   #17
warren77

Got these in the other day.
Used the nyloc nut and washer.

On the accelerator pedal, the bottom hole was through part of the support - meaning the supplied bolt was not long enough.
I drilled out the hole to fit the sleeve, turned it upside down and used two extra washers as spacers. The sleeve is threated so it worked well. Does not move at all.

Love the look of them.

My only other hint is make sure your battery drill is fully charged - mine wasn't so drilling through the pedals was a bit of a challenge.
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2010, 03:02 PM   #18
NevC
Red Back Ute

The tool is like a pop riveter.
To install sleeve, use a bolt with correct size thread and screw into sleeve, then use a pop riveter as normal to compress sleeve into pedal.
Does need to be a good riveter.
Hope that makes sense.

Nev
BF XR6 Ute, July 2006 build, Seduce, Sports Bars, F6 CAI with K&N Filter, Turbo Upper Snorkel and Terri Air Pipe, Custom Cat Back Exhaust, 3.23 LSD, Lower Grille, Auto Glass, Bluetooth, iPod interface, Tie Downs, Analogue Clock, LED Mods

Hers 2011 SV6 Sports wagon, she has crossed to the dark side of the force.
NevC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post