Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-06-2014, 03:53 PM   #1
HULK_I6T
Banned

Default why do you like driving an "old" car?

Currently I have use of a few different types of vehicles..

Amongst them I have a AU falcon and a brand new 2014 Audi A4 turbo Quattro s-line.

Driving the Audi, its smooth, reasonably quick, packed with technology, handles beautifully, luxurious, great media centre/stereo, looks killer..

But I enjoy driving the AU falcon just about as much. Sure its slower, looks nowhere near as good, handles nowhere near as good, less comfortable etc etc..

But with the Audi, theres just nothing to do with it, nothing to buy for it, no reason to open the hood. Its a car to just drive.

With the AU, theres always the thought of how to improve it a little, what you could buy, things you can try, do your own servicing and a community (such as fordforums) that really is passionate about these cars. Its way more customisable. All those things make for an enjoyable drive, its sort of like you contribute to the quality of the drive moreso than just steering the car.

Where the audi, your just a passenger and you have little other input.Its like that with most new cars, just drive them, very easy, minimal input required.

Why do you like driving an "older" car?

HULK_I6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: