Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 02:35 PM   #181
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey Sean, you can check out www.fordfiestaxr4.com and/or www.fordfiestaxr4.com/forums for more infos/pics/videos and discussions on the XR4. Of course, there arent many members there yet as not many people here in Australia know about the Fiesta XR4. But now that they've seen "it" at the Melbourne Motor Show 2007, I hope people are starting to look for more infos on it and stumble to fordfiestaxr4 forum.

Like I said in other forums, I feel that Ford Australia isnt ready yet with the XR4. The one at the Melb Motor Show is "overseas model shown". So yeh, we'll see what happens. It'll be released sometimes before mid-2007.

Several members here have put down their order for one, Oxyg3n being one of them.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:40 PM   #182
0xyg3n

Yes I confuess I ordered an XR4 with a green dress and matching shoes.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:03 PM   #183
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Ford Boy and Steffo, this will be your only warning in this thread, take it off topic again and both of you can enjoy a break.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:04 PM   #184
Adsy01

Well i just got back from the motorshow and i've got say the XR4 was a dissapointment in real life. I'm not sure if its just the colour (white), or it was the poor fitment of the stripes on it but it looked boring and dull to me. It was a shame as i so wanted to love this car.

The interior while ace in its own right, wasent much chop over the Zetec, when you consider the Zetec's interior isn't exactly bland, i'm not baggin the XR4 (St) interior at all i just think the zetec trim is already good value). The 17" wheels still look tiny on them too i'd still want to lower the car if it were mine. Those bumpers are great though.

They're also underpowered for a "hot hatch" IMO. its only making the same power my old Satria GTI did out of its 1.8lt motor back 7 years ago... But modified they would kick ***.. but there were a few other cars that were just hotter in power to weight... Final Pricing will be the key to this car's success

I've said this elsewhere before seeing the car, but now i've seen it i'll repeat it.

If you already own a WP or WQ zetec with nothing wrong with it and you're looking to upgrade your car i wouldn't waste my money on the XR4 you'll be dissapointed and bored in no time and it would of cost you a loss on your current car plus what ever loan/finace you have to have etc. The only exception being if you really love your current car and its up for renewal (high klms ? or written off etc..) and you just want a newer version of it then you'd HAVE to have the XR4, just not in white lol.

If you don't yet own a Fiesta and are considering the Zetec or waiting for the XR4 i'd go the XR4 unless you can afford one of the more hotter hatches that are around, but until pricing is confirmed who can say for sure about the bang for your buck.

Last edited by Adsy01; 10-03-2007 at 06:15 PM.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:25 PM   #185
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

I am sick of the crap that goes on in this forum

You people do not learn.

Steffo, you are so full of it you have no damn clue about anything, and just spout anything that comes into your little head.

This is a warning to you and Ford_Boy

Keep this sort of rubbish up in this forum, and you will find yourself with no access to this forum at all

I am sick of this rubbish from a lot of users on here, from now on step out of line and you will be banned, no if's but's or whatever's.

Enough is Enough

GOT IT !!!!

Chris
Old 11-03-2007, 01:56 PM   #186
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adsy01
Well i just got back from the motorshow and i've got say the XR4 was a dissapointment in real life. I'm not sure if its just the colour (white), or it was the poor fitment of the stripes on it but it looked boring and dull to me. It was a shame as i so wanted to love this car.

The interior while ace in its own right, wasent much chop over the Zetec, when you consider the Zetec's interior isn't exactly bland, i'm not baggin the XR4 (St) interior at all i just think the zetec trim is already good value). The 17" wheels still look tiny on them too i'd still want to lower the car if it were mine. Those bumpers are great though.

They're also underpowered for a "hot hatch" IMO. its only making the same power my old Satria GTI did out of its 1.8lt motor back 7 years ago... But modified they would kick ***.. but there were a few other cars that were just hotter in power to weight... Final Pricing will be the key to this car's success

I've said this elsewhere before seeing the car, but now i've seen it i'll repeat it.

If you already own a WP or WQ zetec with nothing wrong with it and you're looking to upgrade your car i wouldn't waste my money on the XR4 you'll be dissapointed and bored in no time and it would of cost you a loss on your current car plus what ever loan/finace you have to have etc. The only exception being if you really love your current car and its up for renewal (high klms ? or written off etc..) and you just want a newer version of it then you'd HAVE to have the XR4, just not in white lol.

If you don't yet own a Fiesta and are considering the Zetec or waiting for the XR4 i'd go the XR4 unless you can afford one of the more hotter hatches that are around, but until pricing is confirmed who can say for sure about the bang for your buck.
I agree with everything you said here, I too was dissapointed with the car in the flesh, and I will Reiterate that this is the reason why I didn't bother waiting for the XR4...
Old 11-03-2007, 05:48 PM   #187
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I thought this thread was closed.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:59 PM   #188
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey sorry about going off topic. I think aslong as we stick to the thread title is will remain open.

I really like this new Xr4 is has such a cool look. 110kw is enough poke for a little car like that. It's great that it has a 2 litre so i'm sure alot more power can be brought out of it. What it lacks in power I'm sure it makes up for it on the bendy bits. It wouldn't surprise me to see it beat bigger faster cars around the track due to it's excelent handling. I'm not sure if I like the stripes down the front but maybe it will grow on me. The body kit is definetely nice looking.

Heres a thought, maybe fpv will bring out a turboed version. but it would have to be priced well because I can't see many people paying $35+ grand for a car that size

Also it is great to have the XR name and not the ST name. XR seems more aussie like the falcon
Old 11-03-2007, 06:13 PM   #189
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

-deleted-

Last edited by Ives; 11-03-2007 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:44 PM   #190
Steffo
LPG > You

I think the most logical thing to happen, which I think Ford should have done for the Mk7 Fiesta Euro update (2005) to keep the ST in the game, which FPV *could* do a limited run of... would be to import a few engineless ST's and a few crated up 2.3litre Duratecs... 122kW @ 6500rpm, 207Nm @ 4000rpm. FPV slotting a few 2.3's into the ST and giving it some sort of name like I dunno... Fiesta GT or something, could make a VERY cool limited run model, and it wouldn't be anything too expensive or difficult. The 2.3 is the same as the 2.0 with more stroke (87.5mm bore and 94.0mm stroke for the 2.3 vs 87.5mm bore and 83.1mm stroke for the 2.0).
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Old 11-03-2007, 06:51 PM   #191
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I like the sound of FPV Fiesta XR4 Turbo. But I highly doubt it.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:35 PM   #192
Marshy79

Sat in the XR4 the other day.

Now im going to admit... power wise I dont know what the difference is over the Zetec..... im sure there will be a little bit more poke.... sad that there is no turbo in it though.

Sitting in it... i didnt see much difference over the zetec. I guess I was expecting more.

The day I met Danny at Doncaster Ford... his car excited me more
(yes I changed my pants when I got home)
Old 11-03-2007, 08:50 PM   #193
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshy79
Sat in the XR4 the other day.

Now im going to admit... power wise I dont know what the difference is over the Zetec..... im sure there will be a little bit more poke.... sad that there is no turbo in it though.

Sitting in it... i didnt see much difference over the zetec. I guess I was expecting more.

The day I met Danny at Doncaster Ford... his car excited me more
(yes I changed my pants when I got home)
You sat in it?.........were the seats as hard as the Zetec's or where they a bit more comfy?

I drive about an hour each way to work and I do find the Zetec's seats fairly uncomfortable and rather on the hard side, "numb bum hard" that is, just wonder whether those lovely looking seats in the XR4 are better.

As for performance........"well in such a small lightweight car 110kw vs 74kw is a fair bit more poke in anyones language,...... end of discussion."
Old 11-03-2007, 09:33 PM   #194
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives
I like the sound of FPV Fiesta XR4 Turbo. But I highly doubt it.
there wont be an FPV fiesta. they'll bring it out as the XR4. it will just have a 1.6ltr turbo 200bhp powerplant. rofl.

Old 11-03-2007, 09:36 PM   #195
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
I think the most logical thing to happen, which I think Ford should have done for the Mk7 Fiesta Euro update (2005) to keep the ST in the game, which FPV *could* do a limited run of... would be to import a few engineless ST's and a few crated up 2.3litre Duratecs... 122kW @ 6500rpm, 207Nm @ 4000rpm. FPV slotting a few 2.3's into the ST and giving it some sort of name like I dunno... Fiesta GT or something, could make a VERY cool limited run model, and it wouldn't be anything too expensive or difficult. The 2.3 is the same as the 2.0 with more stroke (87.5mm bore and 94.0mm stroke for the 2.3 vs 87.5mm bore and 83.1mm stroke for the 2.0).
The 2.3L engine won't fit in the Fiesta engine bay. The base engine itself is 1inch higher than the 2L unit. Not to mention that the IB5 box in the ST is already at its limit the extra torque from the 2.3 is the last thing it needs.

I dare say the main reason the Fiesta ST only has 110kw/190nm is the weak gearbox.

Were did you pull those power figures from?
Old 11-03-2007, 09:42 PM   #196
Seano
classicford.mine.nu

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
As for performance........"well in such a small lightweight car 110kw vs 74kw is a fair bit more poke in anyones language,...... end of discussion."
My other half has a Fiesta Zetec which we think is a great little car. I have had plenty of fun in it... it just seems easy to throw around yet very manageable. The main thing I thought it needed was more power, so a jump from 74kw to 110kw would be very nice indeed
Old 11-03-2007, 09:58 PM   #197
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr
The 2.3L engine won't fit in the Fiesta engine bay. The base engine itself is 1inch higher than the 2L unit. Not to mention that the IB5 box in the ST is already at its limit the extra torque from the 2.3 is the last thing it needs.

I dare say the main reason the Fiesta ST only has 110kw/190nm is the weak gearbox.

The current Mazda 6.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Old 11-03-2007, 10:55 PM   #198
0xyg3n

Quote:

Your so going to eat my undies for tomorrows tea Piotr. The 2.3l does infact fit the engine bay. How do I know. I keep my eye on what they are doing in the UK. Jam-sport does the conversion. And I have a feel pumaspeed or pumabuild can also do a 2.3l convert.

Pics taken from here.
http://www.fiestastoc.com/forums/ind...opic=12051&hl=
Old 11-03-2007, 11:28 PM   #199
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Oxygen people have managed to get a Fiesta to run AWD. Aftermarket you can do anything you want. And no i won't eat your undies

But does that mean Ford can go ahead and fit those engines? NO, they have to think about reliabilty, cost, legal issues etc
Old 11-03-2007, 11:43 PM   #200
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My dream fiesta is the fpv xr4t. 150kilowatts, 250nm, awd, leather interior, meaner bodykit, twin exhaust, 17inch fpv alloys, 6 speed maunaul or optional Zf. Sounds nice for 38grand drive away.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:59 PM   #201
0xyg3n

Quote:
Oxygen people have managed to get a Fiesta to run AWD. Aftermarket you can do anything you want. And no i won't eat your undies

But does that mean Ford can go ahead and fit those engines? NO, they have to think about reliabilty, cost, legal issues etc

I didn't say anything about Ford fitting the engines themself. I was only replying to your comment about the engine not fitting.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:26 AM   #202
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Boy
My dream fiesta is the fpv xr4t. 150kilowatts, 250nm, awd, leather interior, meaner bodykit, twin exhaust, 17inch fpv alloys, 6 speed maunaul or optional Zf. Sounds nice for 38grand drive away.
Rofl Copter. well you can get most of the lol. you can get 150kw from the Duratec engine, there is an ALL leather option, AWD sorry i doubt, you can get the JWRC bodykit fitted as a meaner bodyit, twin exhuast is easy, 17inch aloys will be custom, and unless you can adapt the ST170 or XR5T gearbox, good luck with the 6speed lol...38... not sure about that. lol.

good dream mate. id love that to... might as well buy the RS while your at it hahahaha......keep on dreaming mate, youev got some good ideas. pitty you dont work for ford hey.

Old 12-03-2007, 12:47 PM   #203
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
Rofl Copter. well you can get most of the lol. you can get 150kw from the Duratec engine, there is an ALL leather option, AWD sorry i doubt, you can get the JWRC bodykit fitted as a meaner bodyit, twin exhuast is easy, 17inch aloys will be custom, and unless you can adapt the ST170 or XR5T gearbox, good luck with the 6speed lol...38... not sure about that. lol.

good dream mate. id love that to... might as well buy the RS while your at it hahahaha......keep on dreaming mate, youev got some good ideas. pitty you dont work for ford hey.

Well i think the only reason it's not being done is not because the ideas arn't there, it's because the price to engernee this car will cost too much. That's why it is my dream car lol. I just can't see a car the size of a fiesta being more then 40grand. It's not a sports car. It's just a hot hatch, a nice one at that. Why is 38 grand too much? Isn't that how much the xr5 is? and that is bigger.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:54 PM   #204
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I thought the xr4 was selling for 30 grand, thats why I made the xr4t to be 38. If the xr4 is 26 then I would make the xr4t 34 grand because it is a fpv and a turbo. not to mention awd
Old 12-03-2007, 12:55 PM   #205
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

The main reason the ST only has 110kw and is more a warm hatch than hot hatch is because the RS was cancelled.

Sean the idea was there as the RS was basically the car you talked about in your last post.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:50 PM   #206
MeestaNob!
XR5T - Sea Grey.

A Fiest would have to be FAST, not just quick, for $40K. At least the XR5 has room for passengers in comfort, which I cant say the Fiesta would be as well suited to.

That said, has anyone on this forum ever HAD a passenger. ;-D

I'm a selfish bastard, I keep my car all for myself!
Old 12-03-2007, 11:03 PM   #207
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Passengers are great, especially in the back seat......

Oh you dont mean that type of passenger now hey.......

hehehe
Old 12-03-2007, 11:14 PM   #208
Lplus

Quote:
The main reason the ST only has 110kw and is more a warm hatch than hot hatch is because the RS was cancelled.

Sean the idea was there as the RS was basically the car you talked about in your last post.
Ford would hate the Fiesta ST to outperform the Focus ST, since the Focus is their flagship sporting machine. So no Fiesta RS.

2.3 l engines do fit just. Note the deletion of the air filter from the one shown above. The IB5 is apparently good for 200HP

To whoever thinks a Zetec S is comparable in performance, the ST has over 40% more power.
Old 13-03-2007, 10:16 AM   #209
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lplus
Ford would hate the Fiesta ST to outperform the Focus ST, since the Focus is their flagship sporting machine. So no Fiesta RS.

2.3 l engines do fit just. Note the deletion of the air filter from the one shown above. The IB5 is apparently good for 200HP

To whoever thinks a Zetec S is comparable in performance, the ST has over 40% more power.
true true....(about the Zetec thing) but 170BHP is attainable from the 1.6ltr engine. 150 is easy from the engine. the ST is great. but as many have mentioned b4 an RS would be great.

Plus if Ford brought out a Focus RS and a Fiesta RS wouldnt they be in there own category....liek the ST focus and Fiesta ST are in there own category.

Personally i wouldnt think it would matter. cause the Fiesta RS would be small and nibmle. sure it would beat the Focus ST in everything essentially but thats not why you buy the Focus. the Focus has alot more room, and is essentially an everyday car that you would drive to and from the shops and to work and what not and something you would use for anything and everything. but the Fiesta would only ideally make for a weekend car that you just took out to Flog as it would not really seat 5 ppl more like 4. the boot isnt as big as the Focus.

well thats my 2 cents

Old 13-03-2007, 06:11 PM   #210
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

I don't believe a hotter Fiesta would kill the Focus ST. Different markets. Focus buyers want a Hot Hatch, with the versatility of having the space for a family. The Fiesta I don't think would be a weekend ONLY car though Photn - If I bought one I would be using it everyday. But then I don't have a family, and neither do I have 4 people in my car often!

An example of such hardcore hatches would be the Clio 182 Cup, and then a 182 Trophy and the Clio V6. Then of course you still have the Megane 225 and 225 Cup.

I just don't think Ford are too keen in spending too much on making a Hypo Fiesta. Afterall, it wouldn't be a volume seller... and the Fiesta ST and Focus ST are already the 'halo' cars to the Ford small cars.

The Fiesta ST is great as is. I hate saying this... but if your going to go spend $5,000 plus on massive engine, suspension and styling changes, then maybe the Fiesta ST isn't for you?

I'm all for buying a car and leaving it relatively stock.

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Closed Thread