Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 29-06-2014, 11:44 AM   #181
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: GT-F vs GTS LSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40RDT View Post
Same as FPV probably, little to none. VS GTS-R and the W427 are probably the only HSV's that I could think of that would still get good money. VN and VL Group A's are still worth good money also
I love the gts-r
Old 29-06-2014, 12:16 PM   #182
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTGAZ View Post
Flame suit on !!

As said before this could be the last chance for the new car HSV Vs FPV discussion.....that said this is FORD FORUMS so lets remember that and enjoy talking about the GTF instead of putting it down and complaining.
If you love the GTS there is a HSV forum I am sure you can find and if you have already copped out and bought a Chrysler I am sure there is a forum you can find to join also, mean while let the real blue blooded Ford fans enjoy what will be the greatest GT ever!!
I myself will only ever buy Ford but that is just me, I don't care if the GTS has more flashy crap and is 10mins faster I would still buy the GT over it any day!!

Go the GTF and congrats to those who have secured one.

Flame suit off!!
It appears there's two main points of view.
1. People like you who are true blue-bloods and wouldn't even care if a GTS came with world's best technology, was twice as quick around a race track or even doubled as a flying car capable of twice the speed of sound, they'd still buy a GT-F.

2. Then there's the general motoring enthusiast types, the ones that have had quite a number of different marque's such as myself and recognise when other manufacturers offer something with genuine merit.

Some people enjoy and value objective healthy debate while others are simply here to pump each others tyres.

In a nutshell I believe the GTS makes a compelling case for itself based on its technical abilities to match a BMW M5 or Mercedes-Benz E63 S in terms of performance and capabilities at a fraction of the price. The GT-F also makes a decent fist of this albeit without a whole lot of various technology that many people expect in a high performance car in 2014.

Last edited by Rodge; 29-06-2014 at 12:26 PM.
This user likes this post:
Old 29-06-2014, 12:26 PM   #183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldxrdamo View Post
I already had my flash tuner from a previous car so it costs $462 at RDP to go from 367rwhp to 485 rwhp in my gs ute. The GTS get stuff all from just a tune. There's nothing wrong with pushrod V8s but it is extremely old technology compared to the 5.0

Yes pushrods are seen as old technology, but they often work very well.

People need to look at the overall picture when comparing them against more modern OHC engines. The GM smallblock pushrod engines are compact in external dimensions and they are light, and they also help in lowering a cars centre of gravity.
Important areas of efficiency that are often overlooked, I think.

In saying that I'm not knocking the Miami engine, I think it's a very good motor.
Old 29-06-2014, 12:45 PM   #184
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTGAZ View Post
Flame suit on !!

As said before this could be the last chance for the new car HSV Vs FPV discussion.....that said this is FORD FORUMS so lets remember that and enjoy talking about the GTF instead of putting it down and complaining.
If you love the GTS there is a HSV forum I am sure you can find and if you have already copped out and bought a Chrysler I am sure there is a forum you can find to join also, mean while let the real blue blooded Ford fans enjoy what will be the greatest GT ever!!
I myself will only ever buy Ford but that is just me, I don't care if the GTS has more flashy crap and is 10mins faster I would still buy the GT over it any day!!

Go the GTF and congrats to those who have secured one.

Flame suit off!!
Weird, innit. People comparing GT-F to GTS in the GT-F vs GTS thread. Crazy stuff.
3 users like this post:
Old 29-06-2014, 12:48 PM   #185
ray38l

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
Are you denying this great SC LSA only dynos just over 300rwkws despite being badged the most powerfull car in Australia at 430.
Plenty of a GT 335 motors beating that.....and they're only 5.0.

So just to clarify on topic......GTF 351 has a more economical and efficient engine then the vf GTS! Unless I missed something!
so ford built a dyno queen? the gts still beats the GTF so what does rwkw have to with a performance car.
put the engines on an engine dyno and see what they make.
2 users like this post:
Old 29-06-2014, 01:21 PM   #186
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau View Post
Yep. Could just close down the forums and discuss what shampoo we use in our hair ..... But then that would end in bickering as well wouldn't it

It's the internet! Either Discuss, debate whatever, or walk away from computer as that what we do here on the World Wide Web

Bugger that leaves me out, I’m bald and I would have loved to get into a suds versus bubbles battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray38l
so ford built a dyno queen? the gts still beats the GTF so what does rwkw have to with a performance car.
put the engines on an engine dyno and see what they make.

Agreed, there is much more than just engine Kw required to make a car go fast.
Admittedly they spend a lot of R&D money but some Euro manufacturers are masters at getting power to the ground and going quick without resorting to using power equal to a small sun.
The GTS has a lot of technology but it's not overly refined and is weighing it down.
Old 29-06-2014, 01:58 PM   #187
AU1XLS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Closed
3 users like this post:
Closed Thread