Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-08-2012, 12:52 AM   #1
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default HSV W427 vs other high powered V8 and turbo 6 cylinder sedans

hey all just wondering what peoples opinions are on these W427 things. i have a mate who is an absoulte diehard holden fan who when gets into arguments about any other car always goes on about these things. dont get me wrong. i think a W427 would be fun too drive but for the money i reckon an XR6 turbo or an F6 is better value. I mean for a $155 000 or whatever the stupid amount was for one and its 7L V8 it does 0-100km in 4.6 seconds. i think thats pretty sad considering half that price you have FPV and other HSV offerings that have 0-100km in just under 5 seconds and the fact HSV claims this too be a supercar??? I think of supercars as lambos etc not commodores and falcons. also cant confirm but have heard that the F6 has a similar 80-120km/h time as the W427. i think my mate got a little upset when my reply too his "fords dont go fast" comment was" google worlds most powerful V8 and i dont think a factory made road Holden or HSV car has yet reached 200mph" but you got to expect that when you argue with people.