Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 07:28 PM   #151
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

Damn its people like that , That make me ashamed to drive a Holden .

But i do have a good M8 that not only looks after his V.S. but if he gave it a flogging then he would cry , its his baby and he drives it like it is .

On both sides of the Ford / Holden fence there are good and bad drivers stuffing it up for the rest of us and at this point im just glad that VTSPAK is in a holden so other car drivers dont hold it against us.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:29 PM   #152
rick69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenx
I wouldn't consider the VT a decent car.
Look here --> http://www.recalls.gov.au/search_rec...Submit2=Submit

Is that all you can come up with to argue that a VT isn't a decent car?
I owned a VT Berlina from 45000km - 228,000km, and It was one of the most reliable cars I have ever owned. Apart from a few very minor issues which were quickly resolved, it only ever had the bonnet opened for servicing. And it wasn't driven gently either. It was still driving as good as new when I sold it.
I know at least 5 other people with VT's and they couldn't be happier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSPAK
only coz holdens can take a thrashing over fords..
You people might find it funny, but I would agree with this comment to a certain extent. I have owned many Holdens in my time and have given them absolute hell, with very little going wrong, while I have witnessed Fords of others' pack it in with copping only half the abuse.

If Fords are so reliable then why is it that I see so many broken down / abandoned on the side of the road consistently, on an almost daily basis. I have seen all models up to the latest BA. Infact I saw 3 broken down Fords within an hour on Sunday. I do ocassionally see Holdens and other brands, but more than likely it will be a Ford, and this is honest and unbiased.

With the whole "bad reputation" of Holden drivers, yes I agree there are bad ones but don't tar us all with the same brush. I am a Holden driver and am sensible and responsible on the road, just as many other Holden drivers are.
I have seen plenty of idiots in Fords, some of which I would class as being 10 times worse than the worst possible Holden driver, but I don't go around judging all ford drivers in the same way.
Of course there will be more of this type in Holdens, as they are the car of choice for the majority of young people, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Last edited by rick69; 09-08-2005 at 07:35 PM.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:36 PM   #153
Sprint_ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

rick 69, just cos u see many fords on the side of the road dont mean its right, i see manny fords and holdens, its also down to how the car is maintained, serviced, and luck u might see 3 where u are, where there might be 10 on the other side of town
Old 09-08-2005, 07:44 PM   #154
Psycho Chicken
Banned

It was only a matter of time.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:55 PM   #155
GTENVY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well one of the phase IV's was wiped out by ....... you guessed it a holden towing a caravan!!!!!!

I have friends and family that drive holdens, they drive fine as most people have stated the minority ruin it for the majority.

Holes
Oil -
Leaks
Dents
Engine -
Noise

And some people just love Holden up traffic. :-)

Live, Love, RACE

SOLD: AU III XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
cars are to be driven, ornaments are to be looked at. the two should never be confused.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:07 PM   #156
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=Sprint_ED]
Quote:
gotta love FE2 suspension... QUOTE]

lol i rekon a scallop fishing boat has better handling

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 09-08-2005, 08:08 PM   #157
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
coz you are being stupid on the forums saying omg i can so beat you in my car your being so competetive -_-
I guess im the exception, im not competitive, i just think you are a tool.

Quote:
i know they sprak plugs and leads arent really performance mods.. but they do give a bit better performance.. like the better the plugs the better and bigger the spark you can get, and the bigger leads will give me a stronger spark
Bigger the better eh? These should see you right.

Quote:
>.> its gonna be a show car >.>
Yep A show car indeed. I expect to see it in a AAMI advert soon.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Old 09-08-2005, 08:13 PM   #158
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenx
I wouldn't consider the VT a decent car.

Look here --> http://www.recalls.gov.au/search_rec...Submit2=Submit

Considering I used to own a 95 Model Hyundai S-Coupe for 9 of it's 10 years. It was recalled once for a sticker on the jack. Now theres a decent runabout.

Compare the VT's recalls to my EL. Search for yourself. I driver brand new gov't vehicles all the time you name it I've probably driven it. The joys of a state gov't job.

All aside back on topic. I stand by my statement above. Some people just have no respect. Doesn't matter whether it's a Ford/Holden/Mazda/Hyundai/Toyota or Mitsubish driver.
Hmmm. You know Brenx, I see 1 motor bike, a tractor and a sh!t load of Commodores on the recall list, but no Fords.

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 09-08-2005, 08:14 PM   #159
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Must be past his bed time?

How many votes do we have for VTSPAK (emphasis on the spak!) to get the Pink Avatar of Doom?
Old 09-08-2005, 08:15 PM   #160
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just because it's on the side of the road don't assume it's broken down. It may have just ran out of fuel. I've seen that plenty of times and are now seeing it more and more as petrol gets dearer.

Tuned by Hallam Performance
Old 09-08-2005, 08:30 PM   #161
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick69
I know at least 5 other people with VT's and they couldn't be happier.
The other members of your red army jihad

Quote:
You people might find it funny,
I find it hilarious!

Quote:
With the whole "bad reputation" of Holden drivers, yes I agree there are bad ones but don't tar us all with the same brush.
We don't dislike Holden drivers, but we don't mind taking the **** out of "Red Army Jihad Suicide Posters". Do you volunteer for these missions, or do your supposed mates keep nominating you?

Quote:
I am a Holden driver and am sensible and responsible on the road, just as many other Holden drivers are.
Yeah and energy polarisors make you car go better, you honestly expect us to believe this slop.

Quote:
I have seen plenty of idiots in Fords
So have we! The mods have usually banned them long before the time you've lasted.

Quote:
Of course there will be more of this type in Holdens, as they are the car of choice for the majority of young people, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Oh and if you think I am singling you out. No, your not that important but I cannot be bothered scrolling back to remember your mates nic.

Ah there it is, you and VTSPAK should do more planning at little lunch if you want to strike a blow for the Jihad.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:48 PM   #162
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hmm about a VT being a decent car or not. Weve got one and havent had anything wrong with it other than a flat battery. Not the most exhilirating to drive but still has been reliable.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:51 PM   #163
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Hmm about a VT being a decent car or not. Weve got one and havent had anything wrong with it other than a flat battery. Not the most exhilirating to drive but still has been reliable.
Mitchay just one more Tangent and you'll have enough to build a kings size camel tent!
Old 09-08-2005, 08:54 PM   #164
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Teenage fully sick Commodore drivers, is there any lower form of life. :the_finge
Old 09-08-2005, 09:17 PM   #165
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
Mitchay just one more Tangent and you'll have enough to build a kings size camel tent!
WTF is that sposed to mean lol
Old 09-08-2005, 09:23 PM   #166
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Teenage fully sick Commodore drivers, is there any lower form of life. :the_finge
yep would-be Teenage fully sick Commodore drivers, dont have to wait till 18 to post.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:23 PM   #167
rick69
Banned

RED_EL_XR8, the comments in your last couple of posts are immature, mindless and irrelevant. I have made some valid and reasonable points in my posts and all you can do is come back with that rubbish, trying to be funny. It is obvious who is trying to cause trouble here.

Grow up.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:33 PM   #168
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
RED_EL_XR8, the comments in your last couple of posts are immature, mindless and irrelevant. I have made some valid and reasonable points in my posts and all you can do is come back with that rubbish, trying to be funny. It is obvious who is trying to cause trouble here.

Grow up.
Step away from the forum buddy and drop the GM Backpack!!! :
Old 09-08-2005, 09:34 PM   #169
Gammaboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
WTF is that sposed to mean lol
I believe it means exactly what it says.
Allow me to translate:
Purple Monkey Dishwasher.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:37 PM   #170
Gammaboy

Quote:
mindless and irrelevant.
Ahhh... you mean they're Fun!

Quote:
It is obvious who is trying to cause trouble here.
But, erm, aren't you the Holden guy on a Ford forum? :
We love you guys, sooo easy to bait into duelling to defend your percieved honour of driving a cAmmodore...

Quote:
Grow up.
But muuuuuuuummmmmmm!

Last edited by Gammaboy; 09-08-2005 at 09:43 PM. Reason: I meant Defend! & I kan spel as guud as VTSPAK
Old 09-08-2005, 10:15 PM   #171
megsy
Undergraduate EB Operator

/me yawns (tm)

wake me up when the holden/ford bashing has finished

oh and VTSPAC please know what your talking about before you post, it pays to know what your on about or you just make yourself look like a tool
-----------------------
Old 09-08-2005, 11:34 PM   #172
Brutal~EBII
A VL took out my XF...

Quote:

Grow up.
Look mate, the name on the address bar is FordForums.com.au, not Iwanttoprovemyintellectualarrogancetoforddrivers.c om, so get off you high horse. If you dont agree with what is being said, why respond? and before you oh so intelligently ask the same of me, remember, i am not presenting an opinion, merely questioning why someone capable of "reasoned" arguments would even bother wasting his high and mighty breath...
Old 10-08-2005, 12:01 AM   #173
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

You know what? This thread is a complete waste of space.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Closed Thread