Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-10-2006, 01:05 PM   #151
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

The latest on this tragic affair...

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...5-2702,00.html
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 01:08 PM   #152
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Yeah saw the update on the news, what a bloody tool!
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 01:21 PM   #153
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

About the only reasonable thing is that the t0sser didnt get bail.

FPV & XR Owners Club of Qld
Want more info on our club?
fpvxrqldinfo@gmail.com
or see our Club Section

My Garage:
AU II XR8 Sedan "Lil T"
Hyundai i30 SR
yeah baby!
GCFordChic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 02:55 PM   #154
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I feel for the four year old boy.

He may not realise it now, but when he's older, he'll become aware of the fact that he was steering a car that killed 5 teenagers and hit another 7. I feel that unless he gets help along the way, he might have some issues (I certainly hope not though).

His father is a stupid moron who frankly should not be allowed to ever drive again. It is a WRITTEN LAW that ONLY people with a driver's license, or a learner's license under the instruction of a fully licensed driver are allowed to drive on Victorian roads. A four year old? For heaven's sake.

The daughter too must feel terrible, knowing her Daddy is an irresponsible moron. It will also be on her conscience.

I hope the kids pull through ok.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 03:07 PM   #155
Paris Hilton
Custom User Title

Um, it's not as if the 4 year old kid was under the full control of the vehicle.

Something doesn't add up here, how can the car swerve to a stop without injuring anyone inside, and why did it suddenly veer off, it's not as if 100km/h would be too fast for the conditions, it is a 100km/h zone...
Paris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 03:37 PM   #156
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Yes, despicable for the father to have put his son in this situation. Even more unfortunate that the media had to air it out. I see a very small chance of the poor kid leading a normal life once he comprehends what has occured.

Quote:
Prosecutor Jeremy Rapke, in opposing bail, said Mr Towle's actions in running from the scene demonstrated a "troubling disregard for the law".
Good call. Who says all lawyers are idiots?

Quote:
Ms Popovic also said Mr Towle's history of substance abuse and the seriousness of the charges ruled out the granting ofbail.
Good call. And who says all magistrates are out of touch?
Old 18-10-2006, 06:31 PM   #157
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

V8? Or Turbo?
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 06:36 PM   #158
Disco1986

17inch or 18 inch wheels?
Disco1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2006, 06:40 AM   #159
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I remember my dad would sit us on his lap and help us to steer the car when we were around they age of 8. It was only ever in the driveway, but he used to do it.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2006, 07:30 AM   #160
red_hotxr6
Banned

I think he is going to be very old when he gets out of jail.All that time he is going to miss with his own kids.Very sad.
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2006, 07:59 AM   #161
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"Dad was going really fast, and Thomas was sitting on Dad's lap. Dad was helping Thomas. And then the wheel slipped or something."

After the car slammed into the 11 teenagers milling outside a party in Red Cliffs, near Mildura in Victoria's north, last February, her father - 35-year-old Thomas Towle - fled the scene, leaving his two young children, and the dead and injured teens, behind.

The Mildura Magistrates Court heard yesterday that Mr Towle, who had failed to take his prescribed methadone for three days prior to the crash, still smelled of alcohol more than six hours after the crash.

The court heard that in a police interview conducted just hours after the incident, the accused admitted that his son had been sitting on his lap. "I can remember when I was a child that I used to always want to sit on my dad's lap whenever I had a chance," Mr Towle said. "I mean, it's not something I do in a suburban area but it was ... a very quiet road ... I've allowed him to do it."

The accident stands as the nation's worst multiple fatality hit-run.

Mr Towle faces six counts of culpable driving - each carrying a possible maximum 20-year jail term - and five counts of negligently causing serious injury. He is also charged with failing to stop after an accident and failing to render assistance, dangerous driving and speeding.

He appeared by video-link from Melbourne's Metropolitan Remand Centre yesterday.

Mr Towle was addicted to amphetamines and was a heroin user who had been pretending to take his methadone by placing the tablet under his tongue but not swallowing it in the days before the crash.

//////////////////////////
yes i seem to remember lots of comments on how the kids were at fault,
when the overhead pics clearly showed they were walking on nature strip and side of road facing oncoming traffic as we were all taught to do so we can see oncoming cars and what they are doing,
// this maggot is just a piece of filth,
**** him and those who defend him
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2006, 08:29 AM   #162
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris Hilton
Um, it's not as if the 4 year old kid was under the full control of the vehicle.

Something doesn't add up here, how can the car swerve to a stop without injuring anyone inside, and why did it suddenly veer off, it's not as if 100km/h would be too fast for the conditions, it is a 100km/h zone...
The Journos seem to have a habit of "upping" the speed depending on which paper you read.. 150 kph in this one.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...61-661,00.html
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post