Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-10-2008, 02:48 AM   #1
seduced_xr
BF XR6

well ive had a few.

when i was 4 i got my finger wedged in a pet food can. god knows how. tore my finger up pretty good.

i have a knee problem where to much pressure pops it out of place. thats always a nice b word.

but the biggest pain of all was when a hilux tore my BF open like a can opener. my stomach has never sunk so bad :P
seduced_xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2008, 03:14 AM   #2
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Getting hot molten Gal (zinc) in my right eye.

Burnt the surface of the eyeball, not deep enogh to cause too much damage, couldnt see out of it for 3 days as eye was sore.

Also splitting my thumb after being hit with 4lbs of hammer with force, 18 stitches and 4 injections.

Both work related too. :

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2008, 03:23 AM   #3
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

mine isnt that bad really, i was in a crash a few years ago, which resulted in LR truck i was passenger in sliding up the hwy about 50 metres with my left arm bashing on the ground as it did that. That didnt really hurt. It was at the hospital the dr was cutting away all this flesh to try and fix the gaping would, and only about 60% of the area was under local.
Old 24-10-2008, 08:37 PM   #4
Wally
XP Coupe

Hmmm well I fell off a 17ft ladder onto concrete, crushed both radials in my elbows and snapped a wrist, the xray guys forced my arms straight without anaethetic = I called for mumma on that one

Had shingles which is enjoyable if you like the feeling of knitting needles being pushed through the chest to the back = I can understand why people suicide to get away from the pain

Inner ear infections have to be really high on the list of incredible pain

But the worst I've had is to sit in a hospital and watch in horror as a doctor pushed tweesers under my finger nail and yanked it off = I didn't know I knew so many swear words. You want an idea:- try tearing your nail down to the quick then think about tearing it some more.

I still think none of them could compare to what a woman endures during childbirth.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2008, 03:57 AM   #5
GSH
AU2 XR8

dont know if anyone has ever had this but i had a wart in the sole of my foot and had to get 4 locals in the sole of my foot...apparently its the worst place you can have a needle....and it was awful...

2nd was jumping off a retaining wall onto a peice of wood with a rusty 4 inch nail what well straight through my foot.

PERTH W.A

0406 553 226
GSH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2008, 07:30 PM   #6
Creampuff
149 rwkw of Style

I don't understand??? what is pain? haha
Old 23-10-2008, 07:48 PM   #7
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordxrtfan
Thought I would start this thread and ask people what is the worst physical pain they have ever experienced?
I flew down to Sydney Monday morning to collect my car (had the beginnings of the flu) felt pretty crap driving home Monday night in the rain so had to stop overnight 1 1/2 hrs from home and made it home Tuesday. Washed the car and went to bed. Couldnt sleep at all as had cronic pain in head/ear. During the night after taking 4 mersyndol and 4 panadeine forte and still no sleep my left ear started to bleed so went up to the hospital yesterday to be told my eardrum and burst and had a fullon earinfection. Panadeine Forte still isnt working am taking antibiotics now but still 10/10 pain level and ear is still bleeding quitebadly.
Now i have a bad back and need disk replacement surgery, but can honestly say that this ear thing is the worst pain I have experienced
What about you (or has anyone had anything similar to my ear?)
Google fistula and abscessed prostrate.... our medical system is crap and waiting 22 weeks for repair was an eternity
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2008, 08:10 PM   #8
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I a few years ago got stabbed 38 times.....
No I didn't make a typo. I gotta also ad that it wasn't so much the stabbing that
hurt but the massive infection that proceeded it.
Btw next time a doctor asks if it feels like a stabbing pain ask him if he's ever
been stabbed. Cause if not he has no idea cause it feels nothin like you'd expect.
BIGJB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2008, 08:16 PM   #9
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GHIA
Btw next time a doctor asks if it feels like a stabbing pain ask him if he's ever
been stabbed. Cause if not he has no idea cause it feels nothin like you'd expect.
LOL, If you read back a page, I know that too.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2008, 08:18 PM   #10
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC
LOL, If you read back a page, I know that too.
Lmao.... it is amazing how little it feels like what you always thought it would hey.
Old 24-10-2008, 07:55 PM   #11
xr8edute
Thats right baby X-rated

Quote:
I a few years ago got stabbed 38 times.....
No I didn't make a typo. I gotta also ad that it wasn't so much the stabbing that
hurt but the massive infection that proceeded it.
I gotta ask.....

What happened?

RIP The Gentleman, Peter Brock 1945-2006
I cant believe they demolished that fatefull tree!!!
xr8edute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2008, 08:47 PM   #12
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8edute
I gotta ask.....

What happened?
The short version is I worked for the dog. He refused to pay me the 2 weeks pay he owed me.
I took tools in leu of payment, he told me to come collect my pay and stabbed the
crap out of me. What I didn't know was he was a speed junkie and had just had
a shot of dutch courage so to speak just before I arrived.
Lots of blood from me, he claimed self defence and I got charged with trespass.
Great legal system that Qld has. Lmao
Old 25-10-2008, 02:56 PM   #13
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The short version is I worked for the dog. He refused to pay me the 2 weeks pay he owed me.
I took tools in leu of payment, he told me to come collect my pay and stabbed the
crap out of me. What I didn't know was he was a speed junkie and had just had
a shot of dutch courage so to speak just before I arrived.
Lots of blood from me, he claimed self defence and I got charged with trespass.
Great legal system that Qld has. Lmao
How the hell did you even survive that? Then you got charged with tresspassing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2008, 08:31 PM   #14
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Yup, The whole not moving alot thing sux.
Although, the payed holiday after wasnt so bad...
AC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2008, 04:46 PM   #15
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ok so 3% of this forum has infected penises :
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2008, 05:02 PM   #16
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennBA
ok so 3% of this forum has infected penises :
Wow, I'm in the 97% ;) *phew*
Spanrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2008, 11:41 PM   #17
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Think of all the muscles and internals inside of you being torn open
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2008, 01:58 AM   #18
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

hmmm... just reading about other peoples injurys has stung abit. i've been reasonably lucky. Broken CollarBone, 3 torn hamstrings and one drunken night (in darkness) i fell from some scaffold type tower about 4 metres and landed on my feet. at that point the only pain i had was a sore chin that i hit on the way down. as i walked back to where we were partyin my left foot began to get heavier and heavier and heavier...and wet...
Turns out i had sliced a nasty gash down do the bone near my shin and my shoe was full of blood. Its a surreal thing being able to see your bone through all the muscle and stuff. Anyways felt like someone was trying to rip my leg off.
Old 26-10-2008, 02:28 AM   #19
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

It actualy makes me laught thinking of my pain situations over the years !. Between the age of 11 and 16, I've had stiches in my arms (x3), legs (x2) , tounge , head (x3) , hand (x2), and from 16 to about 23 broke nearly every bone in my body on dirtbikes and roadbikes / sorta can't remeber much of that these days ! - but gee i tell ya i got a paper cut last week in the web between my thumb and first finger and it hurts more than anyhting i can remember ! ..lmao.

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2008, 11:25 AM   #20
elusiverunner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default This is pain

I have had some pain - a few years ago I tried to give birth to a staghorn kidney stone. The only thing that gave me relief was an injection of pethadiene and an operation to remove the kidney stone. The doctor that made a home visit claime it was just cholic and gave me some Brufen, what a twit.

I ate about half the bottle before he agreed to the injection and an immediate ambulance and an operation.
Bolle Window Tint - fitted by Tint a Car
PWR Heat Exchanger, PWR Auto Transmission Oil Cooler - No milkshakes in this car.

After market DRL.
Custom fitted gauge holder with three gauges - Stav of Stingray Car Security.
elusiverunner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2008, 12:40 PM   #21
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

I got kicked in the happy sacks... not really an experience id like to repeat :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2008, 04:40 PM   #22
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo347
I got kicked in the happy sacks... not really an experience id like to repeat :(
I think we've all been there! ... It's definalty worse than giving birth, people say theres no way that can be proven! oh yeah? .. 2 years after having a kid, your wife will say "hey, you want to try again/you want another?" ... I don't hear a guy goin up to his mate a year later n going "Hey Davo, how bout you kick me in the nuts agian?"
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 27-10-2008, 12:21 AM   #23
ehast13
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i had a operation which involved going under general anethsetic. When I didn't wake up straight away, they gave me a stimulant of some description that gave me a tachycardiac response. My weakened chest muscles later cramped up around my heart and I couldn't breathe and my heart couldn't beat properly.

Immobilising and scary. I just figured my time was up. Only lasted about 30 seconds but it was the longest thirty seconds of my life
ehast13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2008, 05:20 PM   #24
Mark^^
Two-Spirits

When women give birth there is a release of endorphins/hormones that aim to minimise the memory of the pain intensity, thus over time the memory of the pain does not interfere with future births. That’s the medical theory anyway, I am sure many women will disagree.
Mark^^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2008, 05:29 PM   #25
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

There are also drugs.

I guess some would say that the outcome is worth it.

Getting kicked in the wedding vegetables doesn't produce anything worthwhile apparently.

I don't think I've done anything exceptionally painful. Sprained both ankles numerous times and torn all the ligaments.
Ripped the side of my foot open in gravel after spraining the ankle, and then being left outside unable to move for 40 mins while Dad laughed it off (it was him who pushed me over and caused it), and went inside to eat dinner.

I was 4 hours from the nearest hospital, and the only doctor in town only worked on weekends by appointment made in advance. I was injured at 11.30pm on a Friday night, so that option was out, but I was dropped across the road from the local ambulance station and had to hop up their steep driveway to get them to look at it and clean the gravel out.
They said I'd done a good job on it. It was the nastiest ankle sprain they'd seen in quite awhile.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2008, 05:38 PM   #26
Hillbilly F Truck

Speaking about pregnancy apparently women 'generally' have a higher pain tolerance than men, thought to be for preparation of child birth. If this is the case why do they cry out in pain over the smallest of things? I'm sure we've all seen this in action. Genuine question..i'm not bagging women in any way. Had a gym injury once that kept me awake for nearly three days. The pain killers made me sick so i had to suffer. Nights were spent pacing the house never being able to get a comfortable position.

Last edited by RobRoy; 27-10-2008 at 05:46 PM.
Hillbilly F Truck is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2008, 08:11 PM   #27
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Just remembered.

In grade 12 I had really bad sunburn on my back. Went to the docs and asked what I could do. He said there wasn't anything and I'd have to wait it out. I swear they were 3rd degree burns.

My back was literally, one big puss filled blister. No joke. Then when the blisters went away, my back scabbed up, huge dried blood scabs, got infected. Even though I cleaned it very very gingerly everyday.

Then when it finally peeled, It peeled 5 times. I think the first sheet of skin I pulled off was about the size of a dinner plate.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2008, 04:42 PM   #28
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_661
Just remembered.

In grade 12 I had really bad sunburn on my back. Went to the docs and asked what I could do. He said there wasn't anything and I'd have to wait it out. I swear they were 3rd degree burns.

My back was literally, one big puss filled blister. No joke. Then when the blisters went away, my back scabbed up, huge dried blood scabs, got infected. Even
Oh brother I hear ya. Was about yr. 7 and we had a "sports dress up day" so I went as a Basketball player (in summer) (in a singlet) (with no sunscreen). That day was fine I was running around outside all day. went home, nothing. Had a shower, was abit tender but i was 12 LOL ...

Next morning woke up RED, couldnt even have anything go near it, the wind hurt it aswell (from the air cond.). As the day progressed it started blister. BIG YELLOW PUSSY blisters all over my shoulders ... My skin was so tender it wasn't funny. These Pussy Puss balls stayed for over a week, had to rub some smelly ointment all over 4 times a day! Ruined my school holidays. And left a lasting impresion, Ive got scars from them all over the top of my shoulders :( .. who wants pics? :P
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 27-10-2008, 08:12 PM   #29
Hillbilly F Truck

Man you want to get regular skin cancer checks after being that sun burnt.
Hillbilly F Truck is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2008, 09:10 PM   #30
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRoy
Man you want to get regular skin cancer checks after being that sun burnt.
You rekon?

And V3RSAC3, it's a terrible thing to have!
I got mine at the school swimming carnival, no shirt on, but I had a tie on haha. So I had a nice white collar and white stripe down my chest!

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post