Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-01-2008, 01:35 PM   #151
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Insane!
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2008, 05:27 PM   #152
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
ummm... actually the orignal Nissan skyline GTR's had the same flarred wheel arches, i think some of the 240z's came with them as a track option or somthing like that... they are on there because the track and wheel width has been widened considerably.. and wanted to keep a racey look to it.. i reckon it looks mad! i love wantanabe rims! they weigh like 3kgs each
Nissan had an extended nose and flare ZG kit that was homologated in Japan and America in 1971-72 (3-4 years before the A9X). The extended nose theoretically allowed a higher top speed with less drag, lift & frontal area. The flares allowed for bigger/wider wheels where the original arches could be cut away, the rough edges folded back and the fiberglass flares covering up the resulting eyesore.

Those flares definitely look like ZG flares. There are a lot of fiberglass add ons that can be added to Z’s – L88 Corvette bonnet scoops, cowl induction scoops, Z28 Naca front scoop bonnets, whaletail rear wings, Pantera style rear hatches, wider Works style wheel flares (as raced in 72) and ZG front spoilers to add to the ZG nose. Fibreglass or carbon fibre replacement panels for all of the hung panels and bumpers, fiberglass dashboards and interior door panels as well as fiberglass roofs, rear quarters, a-pillars and sills for the tube framed silhouette racers.

Thank god for the weak Yen where a top quality G-nose is only $1800.

Also note the front indicators on the guards they were shared with Datsun 120Y’s. I had them removed on my 260Z cause I hated the look of them so much.
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2009, 07:15 PM   #153
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusM
Sorry to bump, but this pic is awsome

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2009, 10:07 PM   #154
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Caddi V-16

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post