Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-07-2010, 03:27 PM   #151
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece1
what happens when your son or daughter is driving the family car and it gets crushed cause of their actions
Well they should have learn't the 1st time they were caught, or the 2nd, or the 3rd, oppp's no wait, that's crush time.
Anyway they have more than enough warning's, if they can not learn within this time frame, then crush I say.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2010, 03:35 PM   #152
irlewy86
Meep Meep

What a complete waste of time this law will be, it would be nice if they told us the avergage value of the cars that get confiscated for the third time. Hell I'll eat my hat if event one of them is worth more than 10,000
Old 29-07-2010, 04:02 PM   #153
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

Quote:
He said while the police commissioner had no discretion to allow the early release of Dr Nugawela's car, he could waive his payment of the impoundment fee.
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/west...-1225817493964

No he didnt get it back early.... so I stand by what I said before they are a FARCE.

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2010, 06:06 PM   #154
tweeked
N/A all the way

I dont like it. What timeframe for the 3 offences? You speed in the country 1 year, your wheels turn 1 and a half rotations taking off from the lights a few years later, then one night you look get a cop on a bad day, they follow you and bring up your record on screen, see that you are on two strikes and bingo they find something and you have a crushed car.

Im not saying that each offence doesnt deserve a ticket, just that the three does not deserve a crushed car.

tweeked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2010, 06:36 PM   #155
zdcol71
zdcol71

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked
I dont like it. What timeframe for the 3 offences? You speed in the country 1 year, your wheels turn 1 and a half rotations taking off from the lights a few years later, then one night you look get a cop on a bad day, they follow you and bring up your record on screen, see that you are on two strikes and bingo they find something and you have a crushed car.

Im not saying that each offence doesnt deserve a ticket, just that the three does not deserve a crushed car.
I hinted earlier that I wasn't up to speed on what actually, legally constitutes a hooning offence.(I am not saying they are not well documented somewhere, in fact I would be interested to see what were the charges actually laid to lead to the crushing of the car a couple of pages back)
If the three offences listed (your wheels turn 1 and a half rotations taking off from the lights??) are actual hoon laws, then I am prepared to admit that they are farcical.
Old 29-07-2010, 07:05 PM   #156
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

I think you will find that the vehicles that are to be crushed are from serial offender's or those that have a history, that is deemed dangerous.
People are going overboard thinking that if you get caught 3 time's with minor offence's, you will have your vehicle crushed.
The police will be well aware of those that fit the criteria and those that don't.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2010, 07:31 PM   #157
zdcol71
zdcol71

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
I think you will find that the vehicles that are to be crushed are from serial offender's or those that have a history, that is deemed dangerous.
People are going overboard thinking that if you get caught 3 time's with minor offence's, you will have your vehicle crushed.
The police will be well aware of those that fit the criteria and those that don't.
The point exactly.