Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-03-2008, 09:20 PM   #151
JOSH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

he did say that he was only running 3 pound and that he wasn't out to set any records
JOSH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2008, 11:08 PM   #152
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

At 3 Lb they are only mufflers!!! From what I saw of those turbo's they would start making good power around 8Lb...
I'd like to see more of the cars and less yap yap
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2008, 11:37 PM   #153
stiddy
Banned

twin turbo ferrari making 340hp is pretty poor.. I expected alot more from the Torana though.
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2008, 01:20 PM   #154
ZC001
Cruisin

The good news : Its finished.

The bad news : They mentioned a second series.

Looks like the hairdresser/host couldnt blag a loan car for the final episode. Word must have got out about how lame the show was.

To the producers of Blood Sweat & Gears : Do us all a favour - make the next one a single half hour show. I've worn my fast forward button out skipping 25 minutes of lame intro's, recaps, car polish ads just to watch 5 minutes of mediocre 'entertainment'.
ZC001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2008, 01:28 PM   #155
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZC001
The good news : Its finished.

The bad news : They mentioned a second series.

Looks like the hairdresser/host couldnt blag a loan car for the final episode. Word must have got out about how lame the show was.

To the producers of Blood Sweat & Gears : Do us all a favour - make the next one a single half hour show. I've worn my fast forward button out skipping 25 minutes of lame intro's, recaps, car polish ads just to watch 5 minutes of mediocre 'entertainment'.
Agreed. When you add it all up. You could get ALL the new footage from each episode placed inside a half hour show with ease. Instead of them rehashing, it would be in the their interest to keep the spectator wanting more instead of channel flicking.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2008, 01:45 PM   #156
fnm17

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
Agreed. When you add it all up. You could get ALL the new footage from each episode placed inside a half hour show with ease. Instead of them rehashing, it would be in the their interest to keep the spectator wanting more instead of channel flicking.
I would only flick over half way through the show just because of that, like a friggin bad reality TV show replaying the previous episode so you only see 5 mins of new stuff. Surely if the show was worth its merit, now one would need to know what happen the previous week when they went to a driving school to find out who had the better car :togo:
fnm17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post