View Poll Results: GT Bodykit on XR6
Could be good... 103 25.25%
No way Jose... 187 45.83%
Doesnt bother me... 118 28.92%
Voters: 408. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19-05-2006, 07:32 PM   #151
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i know of an xr6t that will be looking pretty much like a GT in future and i know it will definatley blow the doors of quite alot if not all GT's around!!!!
not exactly sure why its being done, but i think because he likes the look of the GT but wants the performance of a T
btw- its not envi
XR-ENVI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2006, 07:36 PM   #152
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
Just so some school kid can debadge it for them again, this time leaving screw driver marks.

FPV badges are a nono on XR's i prefer to leave my badges alone!
although XR6T have FPV parts
XR-ENVI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2006, 07:50 PM   #153
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-ENVI
So does the XR8.
WILDTRAKPX2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2006, 11:06 PM   #154
TotalDriver
Dedicated to Safety....

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-ENVI
And EVERY Boss Engine is built by FPV!
Old 20-05-2006, 12:18 AM   #155
Wokkas
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why would you want to degrade an XR to look like an inferior car??
Wokkas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2006, 09:43 AM   #156
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wokkas
Why would you want to degrade an XR to look like an inferior car??

I bet all Gt owners dream of having an XR one day.

Last edited by Falcon Coupe; 20-05-2006 at 09:54 AM.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2006, 02:58 PM   #157
djjase
IT JUST GET'S BETTER

No one seems to give a hoot about XW, XY, XA, XB GT replicas, hell they even sell nearly as much as an original GT. The only difference in most of these they dont have the TAGS. Why is it such a big deal for people with lower spec BA/BF not allowed to put GT kits on, everyone is putting on the stripes anyway. I say go for it. If you can't afford the costs of a GT, why not make it look like one for half the costs
djjase is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2006, 04:11 PM   #158
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjase
No one seems to give a hoot about XW, XY, XA, XB GT replicas, hell they even sell nearly as much as an original GT. The only difference in most of these they dont have the TAGS. Why is it such a big deal for people with lower spec BA/BF not allowed to put GT kits on, everyone is putting on the stripes anyway. I say go for it. If you can't afford the costs of a GT, why not make it look like one for half the costs
Those replicas (if they are done properly), are pretty much exact copies, replicas. They have the engine as well as the external, pretty mods. So they are an exact copy and they cost A LOT to replicate properly.

Far removed from someone who cant afford a GT, making their XR or XT LOOKING like a GT - that is not a replica, that is just a tarted up wannabe look-alike without the balls of the real thing.

You ask why not make it look like one for half the cost? One word: FAKE! Im sure your fiance wouldnt like to wear an engagement ring with a 2 carat sized cubic zirconia, would she? Even if it looked like the real deal. But hey, if you cant afford a really expensive ring with a real 2 carat diamond, instead of getting what you can afford, just get a big FAKE which looks the same for half the cost!!!! Is that your style?

: : :jab:

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2006, 04:18 PM   #159
FalKeen
FTF Car Club NSW

XRchic, i think its time to build a bridge......
FalKeen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2006, 05:02 PM   #160
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalKeen
XRchic, i think its time to build a bridge......
Apologies Adam. I was not having a go at anyone, it is just my opinion. And I am not having a go at anything that AWC do either, it is just when a whole car is made to look like something else, it just gets to me - individual mods like wheels etc dont bother me - your car looks great!

Cheers

Jac

Old 21-05-2006, 06:34 PM   #161
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
Those replicas (if they are done properly), are pretty much exact copies, replicas. They have the engine as well as the external, pretty mods. So they are an exact copy and they cost A LOT to replicate properly.

Far removed from someone who cant afford a GT, making their XR or XT LOOKING like a GT - that is not a replica, that is just a tarted up wannabe look-alike without the balls of the real thing.

You ask why not make it look like one for half the cost? One word: FAKE! Im sure your fiance wouldnt like to wear an engagement ring with a 2 carat sized cubic zirconia, would she? Even if it looked like the real deal. But hey, if you cant afford a really expensive ring with a real 2 carat diamond, instead of getting what you can afford, just get a big FAKE which looks the same for half the cost!!!! Is that your style?

Well said Chicky.. :
Old 21-05-2006, 07:38 PM   #162
FalKeen
FTF Car Club NSW

Quote:
Apologies Adam. I was not having a go at anyone, it is just my opinion. And I am not having a go at anything that AWC do either, it is just when a whole car is made to look like something else, it just gets to me - individual mods like wheels etc dont bother me - your car looks great!

Cheers

Jac
no need to apologise Jac, never took it as you having a go at AWC's products at any stage, just seems funny how upset some people get when people want to make their car look like a GT etc
Old 21-05-2006, 07:42 PM   #163
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Umm, plenty of 'replica's' aren't done properly, a shaker, twin lights, stripes and a dash is what most are.

I personally don't mind FPV parts on the XR's.. Although I think there are better looking kits to put on them anyway. And there are plenty of XR T's what way more balls than a GT.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2006, 07:49 PM   #164
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's a car. Its not life or death. If someone chooses to put a bigger wing on their car, then who cares. It is just a car.

Why do people get so worked up over a car looking like another car.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2006, 07:54 PM   #165
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
It's a car. Its not life or death. If someone chooses to put a bigger wing on their car, then who cares. It is just a car.

I agree, some people need to get a life.

I think its awesome that some people have the money to do what they want with their car, regardless of what it is.

The only thing i dont like is badging something as if it was the real thing, like for example kitting an XT up with a BF Phoon kit then putting Typhoon F6 badges on it, for me that just ruins all the work and effort.

If i had the money and could source a BF kit up here and get it painted properly and fitted I would, but sadly theres no one up here I could trust to do so.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2006, 09:19 PM   #166
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked

I only read the last page of this thread but I hope it didn't take seven pages for someone to say what you said! lol
stockel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2006, 09:41 PM   #167
XRchic
Hello

If people find it hard to undestand why people dont like fake cars, or the attitude that creates fake cars to be more precise, then why is there a poll and a thread asking for people's opinions? Some people like the fake car, and some dont. When people say they like fakes, others are bound to respond - either in agreement or not.

There has always been a divide on this forum between people who like fake cars and those who dont, so a poll/thread on the issue was bound to get extremes of opinion.

I will always question and respond to people who post about how they like such things, so those who dont like it should get over it. However, one thing I will never do is bag someone for posting about it, putting their opinion forward and telling them to get a life, etc. Just because I dont like their taste does not mean I think they dont have a right to voice that taste in a thread which requested exactly that!

I also reckon people need to read other's posts more carefully, especially in a controversial thread. I, for one, dont have any issue with individual mods, like some bonnets, wheels, etc... except perhaps badges. I just dont like fake cars. I also dont like fake older cars. They fetch a lot of money because I presume they are EXACT copies - but still not the real deal in my opinion. Quite simply I dont like cars which proclaim to be something they are not, as a whole package. Whatever the age. That is my opinion.

I think it is a passionate argument because there are people who pay $70K plus for a GT-P for example, the genuine deal. To see an XT tarted up as one is an insult to their car (most GT-P owners would be repulsed I would think but granted some may not care or just laugh). It is also embarrassing to many Ford fans out there to see such things and have Holden/HSV fans having a laugh.

I believe that everyone has a right to do what they want to their cars. However, in doing so, just recognise that if what you do is controversial and you choose to post about it and ask for opinions, you may not like all that you hear.

I for one have meant nothing I said as offensive, although I see how it could be taken that way and I apologise for that. I dont think anyone else with their opinions have meant anything offensively either.

If people dont like reading the opinions of others, stay away from threads which request just that.

Cheers all

Jac

Old 21-05-2006, 10:00 PM   #168
FalKeen
FTF Car Club NSW

Quote:
To see an XT tarted up as one is an insult to their car (most GT-P owners would be repulsed I would think but granted some may not care or just laugh).
insult to their car? the fact that a person likes the look of their car so much that they want theirs to look like it too? strange insult. Im sure when theyre both sitting at the lights together the real GT owner would be more than capable of showing him where the extra money has gone...

Quote:
It is also embarrassing to many Ford fans out there to see such things and have Holden/HSV fans having a laugh.
If done poorly yes it would be embarrassing if they still have the original ride height, wheels, black door strips etc, but if done right then most would not even know that it wasnt the real deal and would hardly be laughed at

And theres plenty of HSV copies out there that can certainly be laughed at...

To be honest Jac, people arent worried that you have a differing opinion or that you dont like the idea, its the fact that you come across as if you have trouble sleeping at night due to the issue :

cheers
Old 21-05-2006, 10:08 PM   #169
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalKeen
To be honest Jac, people arent worried that you have a differing opinion or that you dont like the idea, its the fact that you come across as if you have trouble sleeping at night due to the issue :

cheers
Incorrect, perhaps people should read more carefully.

And I could say exactly the same for others who have posted in this long thread. Funny how people on this forum who speak their mind and are persistent in doing so, are seen as "having trouble sleeping at night due to the issue" or something similar...

:lookedat:

Old 21-05-2006, 10:14 PM   #170
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I think it is a passionate argument because there are people who pay $70K plus for a GT-P for example, the genuine deal. To see an XT tarted up as one is an insult to their car (most GT-P owners would be repulsed I would think but granted some may not care or just laugh). It is also embarrassing to many Ford fans out there to see such things and have Holden/HSV fans having a laugh.
That's what I don't get though, if someone buys a GT-P, surely it's not just for the badge and rear wing right? So why should they care who else has tried to copy their car - imitation is the greatest form of flattery, not an insult. If all that makes a GT-P is a rear wing and bonnet buldge, then there are some issues with either the car, or the owners perception of their vehicle. I think they get worried only because they think "damn, I paid 3 times as much for my car, and he's going to get the same looks I do"...

If you buy a GT-P because it's a GT-P, then you wouldn't care, right? It's your car, and if you see a imitation, you think "ha, well I've got the real thing" or "that's cool mate, glad you're enjoying your car in your budget" (depends how ****ed off or bitter you are as to which might cross your mind :P) If you buy a GT-P because you want to get looks and be different or induvidual, great, but there's other cars out there that cost less, which will get more looks and go faster.

I just don't understand the whole "envy" issues from owners of cars that people copy (i.e. XR front onto a Futura or something, or stripes, or a bonnet buldge on a six, or GT wing). I think if others are going to laugh, fine, but if the owner really thinks it's an 'insult' to their car (which at the end of the day - IS a tarted up XT, no matter what model it is), then they have a bit of an image issue with their car or themselves...

And the good thing, no matter how repulsed or insulted the GT-P owner is, I gurantee ya, the XT owner doesn't GAF ;)

[edit]: to clarify so I don't get caught up in a fight over views - I'm not taking sides, but I just can't fathem how owners of cars that get copied feel 'violated' or anything... If they built an induvidual car from scratch with their own bare hands, I could understand. But buying a car that comes out of a factory and then getting all defensive over what should and shouldn't be allowed on other models? hrmmm...
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2006, 10:17 PM   #171
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
If people find it hard to undestand why people dont like fake cars, or the attitude that creates fake cars to be more precise, then why is there a poll and a thread asking for people's opinions? Some people like the fake car, and some dont. When people say they like fakes, others are bound to respond - either in agreement or not.

There has always been a divide on this forum between people who like fake cars and those who dont, so a poll/thread on the issue was bound to get extremes of opinion.

I will always question and respond to people who post about how they like such things, so those who dont like it should get over it. However, one thing I will never do is bag someone for posting about it, putting their opinion forward and telling them to get a life, etc. Just because I dont like their taste does not mean I think they dont have a right to voice that taste in a thread which requested exactly that!

I also reckon people need to read other's posts more carefully, especially in a controversial thread. I, for one, dont have any issue with individual mods, like some bonnets, wheels, etc... except perhaps badges. I just dont like fake cars. I also dont like fake older cars. They fetch a lot of money because I presume they are EXACT copies - but still not the real deal in my opinion. Quite simply I dont like cars which proclaim to be something they are not, as a whole package. Whatever the age. That is my opinion.

I believe that everyone has a right to do what they want to their cars. However, in doing so, just recognise that if what you do is controversial and you choose to post about it and ask for opinions, you may not like all that you hear.

I for one have meant nothing I said as offensive, although I see how it could be taken that way and I apologise for that. I dont think anyone else with their opinions have meant anything offensively either.

If people dont like reading the opinions of others, stay away from threads which request just that.

Cheers all

Jac
What a load of crap!

Plenty of Holden people do the same thing, and in the past they have had more available to them then Ford owners have had, look at the VS / VR for example, Ford owners had no where as much available to them in the aftermarket kit sector with EF/EL, there was basically nothing!

Fair enough you are Passionate in what your saying, but has it ever occured to you that perhaps some people are a little hurt by what you have to say?

Not everyone agrees with everything people have to say, but do you really have to go on like its the end of the world? The guy asked on peoples opinion on whether to do it or not to do it, not whether it was morrally CORRECT from your point of view. : Its not the same thing, its either a yes do it because you like the idea or not dont do it, dont go around putting on every man and his dog who actually has done something to make their car special.

Doubt youd like it if everyone said your car was a Taxi pack government car because it looked like every other XR6 NA, and there is alot of them would you? I certainly know I wouldnt. :
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2006, 10:17 PM   #172
FalKeen
FTF Car Club NSW

nail on the head....
Old 21-05-2006, 10:34 PM   #173
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Cheers all

Jac

I think you should go have a lie down, actually thats what I need to do after trying to get through your post. :nutsycuck
stockel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2006, 10:39 PM   #174
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

I'm all for aftermarket kits, some look great, but trying to look exactly like the top model of the line is being a "TRYHARD".
Old 22-05-2006, 10:27 AM   #175
XRchic
Hello

I think this debate is going around in circles and hardly any of you have understood my point or read my posts properly. There is a lot to respond to some of you, believe me. But I cant be bothered if you guys wont read what I have said, properly and respond with logical debate instead of attacks - I wasnt the one who made this personal!

SOME of you need to have a look at what you have posted and think about how hypocritical it is... Ive seen some of you post things that are way more hurtful to anyone than anything in this thread... think about that before you attack other people.

Apologies to the thread starter for the mess this has ended up. In future I will be mindful to have opinions the same as everyone else on the forums.

Old 22-05-2006, 11:37 AM   #176
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

I've only got the net at work for a couple of weeks, until i get it back on at home, so i've missed a bit of this discussion! I seriously (as with some others) find it highly amusing how much of a rampant debate this is.

I'll say it again: YOUR money, YOUR car, do what the fork you like ?! Someone explain to me how it's any of anyone elses business what someone does with their own car ? Let me clarify, fine have your opinion, but how on earth does it make some people so (apparently) angry ? ? Some people need to find some hobbies.

How about i start a poll on what types of carpet are acceptable in my lounge room:

a) Cut Pile only please

b) Loop Pile all the way

c) Cut & Loop Pile, why would anyone choose anything else ?

d) Using carpet is just a cover, making the floor something it's not.

<selfrighteous1> YOU'D HAVE TO BE A COMPLETE FOOL TO PUT CUT PILE COMPOUNDS ON YOUR CONCRETE FLOOR, DEEP DOWN YOU KNOW IT'S STILL CONCRETE UNDERNEATH. TRY HARD.

Seriously, get the hell over it.

AWC do great work, and whether you like to admit it or not, the negative comments about people expressing themselves by customising their cars with kits etc, is indirectly an insult to the hard work and sponsorship of the company. If you don't like kits/badges/chamelion paint or whatever the hell it is, fine, i have no problem with that, but why put others down for it ? What's it to you ? Drive your own car, enjoy it, and leave others to enjoy THEIR cars too.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 12:04 PM   #177
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute
Hmm Project XW VAN !!!!

Ok here is a question for you all.....

I have basicly stuffed my front bar on my BA XR8 Ute.
I am going to buy a GT style bar regaurdless.

Do I buy the BA or the BF bar??????

Dont care if people dont think I should put a GT style bar on.
Tuff $h!t I am.
Just want to know what people think. BA Or BF????

Cheers Kev

Yella Terra Supercharged

Power Output?
ENOUGH TO BREAK EVERY THING MORE TIMES THAN I CARE TO COUNT