Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-04-2014, 02:30 PM   #151
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Default Re: 8/4/2014 - FPV Announcement

The EB model also saw a V8 Falcon win Bathurst for the first time in years. And the EL.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-04-2014, 02:44 PM   #152
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT View Post
I am referring to the fact that you said the thread should be closed down?
Apologies.

I'm just getting sick of all the bulls*it that comes up on the forums to be honest. Think I will maybe have a few days away from the site I think!
2 users like this post:
Old 09-04-2014, 02:57 PM   #153
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra240t View Post
Apologies.

I'm just getting sick of all the bulls*it that comes up on the forums to be honest. Think I will maybe have a few days away from the site I think!
Ford has not handled the release press of this last GT at all. For a special last model GT, Ford should of released all details include engine power and images. Here we are in 2014 with tablets and internet etc, and Ford cant even release any computer generated images??

This does not help dealers like yourself and buyers like myself who have to choose colours.
futura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2014, 03:24 PM   #154
brismike
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wink Re: 8/4/2014 - FPV Announcement

Interesting read this thread .. I have been away from the site for a few days and look what happens lol. .. My thoughts ....

I'm glad I still got one of the standard GT's with Leather and Nav at the special drive-away price. A bargain I reckon. It is my first GT so I'm rapt in it. I'm not going to cane this car so it has plenty of power for me. The way I see it I have got one of the final GT's.

We will just have to wait and see how many KW the GT F will have. I hope it is 351 for the guys who want the extra bragging rights. (I think Queensland Personal Plate YES 351 might still be available?)

I have not seen anywhere it mentioned if the GT F has got Sat Nav? Does anyone know if it has?

Cheers Mike

Wife's - 2018 Peugeot 3008 Gtline, Pearl White - 6 Speed Auto - Fully Optioned.

My Toy - 2014 Smart Fortwo Passion Crystal White, Black Tridion Cell - 5 Speed Auto with Flappy Paddles - Tint - Twin Exhaust

The only good Commodore is the one now very very quickly disappearing in my rear view mirror.
brismike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2014, 03:26 PM   #155
brismike
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Plus ... Don't forget .. the GT F will also come with the Full Metal Dipstick!!!

lol - Mike

My Toy - 2014 Smart Fortwo Passion Crystal White, Black Tridion Cell - 5 Speed Auto with Flappy Paddles - Tint - Twin Exhaust

The only good Commodore is the one now very very quickly disappearing in my rear view mirror.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:37 PM   #156
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by brismike View Post
Interesting read this thread .. I have been away from the site for a few days and look what happens lol. .. My thoughts ....

I'm glad I still got one of the standard GT's with Leather and Nav at the special drive-away price. A bargain I reckon. It is my first GT so I'm rapt in it. I'm not going to cane this car so it has plenty of power for me. The way I see it I have got one of the final GT's.

We will just have to wait and see how many KW the GT F will have. I hope it is 351 for the guys who want the extra bragging rights. (I think Queensland Personal Plate YES 351 might still be available?)

I have not seen anywhere it mentioned if the GT F has got Sat Nav? Does anyone know if it has?

Cheers Mike
Sat nav is standard
futura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2014, 04:31 PM   #157
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
The 201X turbo will remain 270kw, the F6 engine will be dead by next month.

Ford would be reluctant to do another F6 R spec as from memory the last one didn't sell and they were still trying to clear them out long after they went on sale. It only has a tiny fraction of the appeal that an LE GT does.

Although it would have been a good bit of gear with the upgraded suapension and bigger rears, and launch control on the autos since the manuals already have it.
I reckon those people cunning enough to hoover-up one of the last F6's at $55K drive-away should give themselves a massive pat on the back.
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 09-04-2014, 04:42 PM   #158
EVLKNEVL

The way I understand it, there was never going to be a 351kw model. None of the media articles I have read seem to be quoting from any kind of credible source ("Our sources say" is not a credible source). The speculation seems to have spread on its own outside the confines of trivial things such as 'truth' or 'reality'.

Sure, it would be nice of Ford to bump the power up for the last GT, but I can't see any reason to believe they will. If you read the articles again you will see that it's all thinly disguised speculation that originated in someone's fantasy.
EVLKNEVL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2014, 05:16 PM   #159
Gadgetman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepscobra View Post
You must be one of the 'special' dealers who actually knows a thing or two about the cars you are selling then...?

My salesman I'm dealing with still doesn't know much about this new GT yet. In fact, when I was in the showroom last I knew more about the features of the FPV's he had on the floor than he did.
Just doing my job mate. Its a pity there are plenty out there just don't care or bother to. Its the reasons why I am actually embarrassed to say what I do fof a living when asked.
Gadgetman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-04-2014, 05:26 PM   #160
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Which dealer are you at Gadgetman? Stock controller or new car manager (or above?)
Old 09-04-2014, 08:09 PM   #161
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVLKNEVL View Post
The way I understand it, there was never going to be a 351kw model. None of the media articles I have read seem to be quoting from any kind of credible source ("Our sources say" is not a credible source). The speculation seems to have spread on its own outside the confines of trivial things such as 'truth' or 'reality'.

Sure, it would be nice of Ford to bump the power up for the last GT, but I can't see any reason to believe they will. If you read the articles again you will see that it's all thinly disguised speculation that originated in someone's fantasy.
I think you need to join the dots a little better.

"Club 351" is a pointer to it and as Ford did not give any engine power/torque figures in their media release I would say something slightly tweeked is afoot!!

I've passed on an opportunity to order one but I wonder if the GT-F tune can be downloaded when the R-Spec goes in for a service?

To all those who have taken the plunge and ordered one, basically sight unseen, ........ CONGRATULATIONS!

I ordered my R-Spec sight unseen and despite a few nervous moments, I'm glad I kept the faith.

From what I've "heard", I don't think you will be disappointed.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:22 PM   #162
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVLKNEVL View Post

Doesn't explain why Ford released the power figures for the ute model but not the sedan though does it. If it was going to be unchanged they would have had the sedans power figure listed as well. Makes no sense to hide it if it isn't going to be different.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-04-2014, 08:47 PM   #163
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

"The complete GT F sedan specifications will be released closer to launch"

"GT front bar"

These are the most interesting points.

Why would FPV need to point out that the pursuit ute has the "GT front bar ?"...since the BA, this has been the norm...I'd like to think that this points to the yet to be used "GT black concept" bumper design, one that is no more then inserts on the readly available GT bar...

...keeping coy about the Sedan specifications is odd as well...you could look into it too much, but the constant rumour about "351" talk of "history" and Club 351 do lead to speculation...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2014, 09:11 PM   #164
dragons90

Gs normally runs the xr8 body kit.
dragons90 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2014, 09:21 PM   #165
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragons90 View Post
Gs normally runs the xr8 body kit.
Yes, GS does, but Pursuit hasn't since the AU...and this is Pursuit ute...

confused lol

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 09-04-2014, 09:29 PM   #166
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphicgoose View Post
I had a big thing for the EB and EL GT models when I was a kid. Something about them drew me in. Can't say I'd be too bummed if there was an EL GT sitting in my shed...
Me too, and believe me I'm not.....

I would love one of the final GT's but I'm not in a financial position to afford it. I do certainly hope it goes out with more of a bang than just another 'sticker pack'.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:28 PM   #167
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't think the Black Concept front bar was a GT bar with different inserts; the top part of the Black insert doesn't line up with the GT inserts.

At the time I ordered the R-Spec I was hoping it would have the Black Concept front bar but, alas, I found out soon after it would be the GT bar with red accents. The salesman explained it to me that it was fairly straightforward to make prototypes but to achieve the quality, consistency and tolerances a manufacturer would insist on for a production item would cost a lot of money for a limited run.

Seems to make sense to me, so I'm not expecting the Black bar but I would so love to be wrong for this last of the line!

I'm a bit surprised that there's no Red available; Red with Black stripes would have a strong heritage with the GT-HO - just imagine if you could get Allan Moffat to sign it!
Old 09-04-2014, 10:32 PM   #168
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP534 View Post
I'm a bit surprised that there's no Red available; Red with Black stripes would have a strong heritage with the GT-HO - just imagine if you could get Allan Moffat to sign it!

What if...

They were saving red and black for another special run...

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 09-04-2014, 10:53 PM   #169
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked View Post
What if...

They were saving red and black for another special run...

^^^^ I like your train of thought!!
Old 10-04-2014, 01:50 PM   #170
Anchor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by brismike View Post
Plus ... Don't forget .. the GT F will also come with the Full Metal Dipstick!!!

lol - Mike
Just wanted to point out your signature. The 14's are that price anyway... That's the reason you've got a 14 compliance. (Haven't seen a build/compliance on a different month in 5 years)
67 SS Nova Coupe. Iron AES 398 LS. T56. 2x 72mm T-netics BB. TCI Pro Touring F&R Clip. Streetfighter Project. 1200hp
73 Z28 RS Camaro. 6.0 LS. Coilovers. 18x9 / 18x10.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2014, 04:04 PM   #171
brismike
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking Re: 8/4/2014 - FPV Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
Just wanted to point out your signature. The 14's are that price anyway... That's the reason you've got a 14 compliance. (Haven't seen a build/compliance on a different month in 5 years)
Ok Fixed the sig by removing that reference .. but I was originally told by my dealer that the special price ($64990 drive away) was for 2013 compliance plated cars only. When my colour and transmission choice was not easily obtainable my dealer then said they could do me a 2014 build for better than the advertised special price on 2013 plated cars. So I jumped at it.

Anyway no biggie .. I've got a fantastic car that I love no matter what.

Cheers Mike

3 users like this post:
Old 10-04-2014, 06:54 PM   #172
XBGTFGGTP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP534 View Post
I think you need to join the dots a little better.

"Club 351" is a pointer to it and as Ford did not give any engine power/torque figures in their media release I would say something slightly tweeked is afoot!!

I've passed on an opportunity to order one but I wonder if the GT-F tune can be downloaded when the R-Spec goes in for a service?

To all those who have taken the plunge and ordered one, basically sight unseen, ........ CONGRATULATIONS!

I ordered my R-Spec sight unseen and despite a few nervous moments, I'm glad I kept the faith.

From what I've "heard", I don't think you will be disappointed.

Hi Jim, I'm Waiting for my dealer to come back to me on one, and I'm quite happy to take a burn on the r-spec if need be. The final car will be great and even though it may not be loaded with gadgets, how many gadgets do you need when headlights are disappearing behind you. Fact is it's the last GT and always will be a GT and in this part of the world to true enthusiasts that's all that matters.

XA GT Manual
XBGT Manual
XC GXL
1982 XE S-Pac V8
2011 F6 Velvet
2011 GT Manual Black/Gold
2020 GT500KR
FG-X Sprint
F150 Shelby
XBGTFGGTP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-04-2014, 09:55 PM   #173
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBGTFGGTP View Post
Hi Jim, I'm Waiting for my dealer to come back to me on one, and I'm quite happy to take a burn on the r-spec if need be. The final car will be great and even though it may not be loaded with gadgets, how many gadgets do you need when headlights are disappearing behind you. Fact is it's the last GT and always will be a GT and in this part of the world to true enthusiasts that's all that matters.
I really hope you can land one; my FPV rep here has told me these last ones will be a fitting finale to FPV and he's a guy I can trust. He also told me a couple of days ago that the R-Spec is also an awesome model and it would be best to hang on to it.

The future for me is a Mustang, I really want a Black V8 and hopefully can have Red accents on it that can sit next to the R-Spec in the garage!

Anyway, this thread is about the GT-F; if I was going to get one based on what we know I would go either Kinetic with Black stripes or White with Black stripes as these have the strongest link with the XW/XY GT's. I would also go manual!

All the best and ........ don't forget to post up pics!!
Old 10-04-2014, 10:52 PM   #174
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As I understand it there is only one repeat 1 NEW FG F6 E available for sale in OZ.
Would be a nice subtle car for my missus to putt around in.
Keep the BA wagon for a shopping trolley
Blem is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2014, 11:16 PM   #175
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

In 30 years these cars will be worth serious money. But what will be remembered is the drive, not the tech.
Does anyone go searching for a VL Walkinshaw with a fax machine? It was an option.
What do people believe an immaculate GT-F will be worth in 30 years?
For the record, I don't think they will sell out in super quick time. But I guess they will all sell in time. I would have liked to see some in red. Who wants Octane?
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2014, 11:28 PM   #176
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

just getting technical, but pretty sure the fax was not an option on the Walkinshaw but on the HDT Director when you also had the phone option

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2014, 11:33 PM   #177
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter View Post
just getting technical, but pretty sure the fax was not an option on the Walkinshaw but on the HDT Director when you also had the phone option

I think your right. But you get my point.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-04-2014, 11:47 PM   #178
smciner1
Detroit Locker Equiped TM

I think the Fax Option was available on the SV88. Anyway, back to the GT F.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Falcon GT Club of Geelong.
http://www.facebook.com/FalconGTClubGeelong
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2014, 12:27 AM   #179
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia View Post
In 30 years these cars will be worth serious money. But what will be remembered is the drive, not the tech.
Does anyone go searching for a VL Walkinshaw with a fax machine? It was an option.
What do people believe an immaculate GT-F will be worth in 30 years?
For the record, I don't think they will sell out in super quick time. But I guess they will all sell in time. I would have liked to see some in red. Who wants Octane?
Who's buying them in 30 years?
Because its not the kids of today because they see V8s and Aussie cars as dinosaurs.
This isnt the 70s where every kid wanted an XU1 or GT
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-04-2014, 08:02 AM   #180
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

There will be one available at least after at the end of the month after the full reveal. I have handed over a small deposit before I even drove off in my RSpec. However I am still a little disappointed with whats on offer over what I already have so probably unlikely to proceed. I have a good relationship with my dealer so there will be no hard feelings and I will get my cash back. He may even get a premium for it. Unless the withheld information (if there is any at all) is going to blow me away I will stick with the RSpec. But then there might be a extremely well looked after Vixen RSpec loking for a new owner. The GTF will be Octane with Black stripes and Auto, and I will likely get one to go with the Rspec in a few years when they have lost all their value and I dont have to have one or the other.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post