Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 03:49 PM   #121
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Happens in three's, in this case celebrities, wonder then which poor bastard becomes third? . . .

RIP Brock, and thanks for the memories.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Old 08-09-2006, 03:50 PM   #122
LukeyBAXR6
BA XR6

It's so sad, because Brocky was one of those guys you'd look up to and love everything he's achieved. I grew up with when Brock was already and icon, which is why it's so sad to see him go out like this.

If ever a death has been so heartbreaking for me to hear it's this, because of the fact he was such an Aussie legend.

RIP Brock - Thanks for the memories
Old 08-09-2006, 03:50 PM   #123
HSVETAR
Bring on the lion...

176 members and 36 guests

brocky was one loved man.... be it ford or holden alliance
El falcon, 4.0, XR6 camshaft, pacemaker extractors, 2.5 inch exhaust with tri flow sports muffler, AU TE50 intake, with K&N panel filter, Advanti racing Stalker 17" rims, Sitting on Ultra Low King Springs, 'Gabriel' Ultras Lowered struts, NOW MANUAL, 3.45 LSD

9.694 @ 75.38 MPH at Mildura Drag Strip 1/8 Mile

XC Falcon project car underway......
Old 08-09-2006, 03:50 PM   #124
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefargo
sourbastard, khaki, hsv gear and fit a polarizer to the xp!
If i tuned the polarizer to level 100 can i talk to brockie on the other side?

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Old 08-09-2006, 03:51 PM   #125
The Stylist
Automotive Designer

I was just getting to grips with Steve Irwins shock death, and now this? Peter Brock?
What a horrible week.

R.I.P Peter Brock.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:51 PM   #126
jimmy_c
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Far out big news. was it tar or dirt this stage of the rally ? (or full tarmac)
Old 08-09-2006, 03:51 PM   #127
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

He IS King of the Mountain, and will be the only one. When it was real touring car racing.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:51 PM   #128
Sledgehammer
Banned

Issued by CAMS

With great sadness CAMS advises that Peter Brock, Australian motor racing legend, has today died in an accident during Targa West, a tarmac special stage rally being conducted near Perth, Western Australia.

The accident occurred at approximately 11:50am WST. The co-driver has been conveyed to hospital in a stable condition.

The Confederation of Australian Motor Sport (CAMS) will conduct a full investigation into the incident. In the mean time, CAMS and event officials are working with the relevant civil authorities.

On behalf of the motor sport community, CAMS offers its sincere sympathy to Peter’s family and many friends.

CAMS will issue additional statements as further information becomes available for release.

Colin Osborne, CAMS President, will be holding a media conference at the South Australian Office of CAMS at 3.30pm today.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:52 PM   #129
Allen
You win again, gravity!!!

Quote from wikipedia

'Peter Brock died at the age of 61, in a racing accident after colliding with a tree during TargaWest '06 in Western Australia September 8, 2006, near the township of Gidgegannup. Brock was driving with Mick Hone in a Daytona Coupe'

R.I.P. Brocky

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Old 08-09-2006, 03:53 PM   #130
Rob
Living the dream

I am speechless.

My hero is dead..

edit: I feel sick. I always thought Brocky was invincible... I've met him like 10 times.. he was my hero. this is surreal..
Old 08-09-2006, 03:53 PM   #131
MRJUCY
Fordless

I'm still shaking & feel like I'm going to be sick.
A tragic end to an amazing career I guess at least we can say he went out doing what he loved.
Condolences to friends, family & fans.
Rest In Peace Peter
Old 08-09-2006, 03:54 PM   #132
crusher
Dirty ute club member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_c
Far out big news. was it tar or dirt this stage of the rally ? (or full tarmac)
Full tarmac if i remember right.

The man had some driving skills. But as has been said, it was raining today. And up in the hills weve had a fair bit of rain and that road in particular is no friend of rain. Very hilly and some off camber turns and very fast sweeping bends.

I hope this doesnt bring an end to the race forever.

God this is a bad week.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:54 PM   #133
HOON69
Banned

insane 2 in a week this is a terrible week for australia
R.I.P BROCK
Old 08-09-2006, 03:54 PM   #134
agony
BLOWN 383 CHEV OWNER

R.I.P Brocky Condolences to his family,friends,race team.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:55 PM   #135
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

like everyone else I keep thinking is this week for real or what?

RIP Peter
Old 08-09-2006, 03:55 PM   #136
Paxton
Cobblers!

RIP Peter Brock.

V8 racing will never be the same without you.

He may have been a Holden driver, but I had nothing but respect for the man. He did to Motor Racing what Steve Irwin did to Animals.

If Brocky is number two, who will number three be on Wednesday?
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:55 PM   #137
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

The King is dead, long live the King.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:55 PM   #138
Bluemist

R.I.P Brocky you was 1 hellva legend mate.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:55 PM   #139
rapidxr6
AS IT SAYS.....

I just caught this on local news flash.
Absolutely shocking.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:55 PM   #140
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
Happens in three's, in this case celebrities, wonder then which poor bastard becomes third? . . .
Hopefully Germaine Greer.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:56 PM   #141
Franky
Bring back the Phase

was only a matter of time

R.I.P Pete
Old 08-09-2006, 03:56 PM   #142
formerly
loving the Xr8

absolutley shocking news

RIP
Old 08-09-2006, 03:56 PM   #143
EF Hoon
Sideways in my 33!

RIP Brocky :(
Old 08-09-2006, 03:56 PM   #144
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Anyone have any more updates / additional info?

Cheers

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Old 08-09-2006, 03:56 PM   #145
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

i've never seen 222 people viewing a thread before.. wow.

Not a good week for Aussies. I'm not going to build him up, or drag him down - i met Peter at a "super cheap auto" store opening in sydney i think it was '99. He didn't have much to say but it gets like that signing 1million autographs i guess. Early last year i also followed him along my local street, he was in a black monaro in race kit & decals (i believe it was the targa tas car he drove that year). Followed him up toward mahoney's road, Thomastown (where i believe he had a merchandise store down here). Was weird to drive past and see it was actually him..

As with Steve, our thoughts go to Peter's family and friends. All controversy aside he was a fantastic driver and an inspiration to many of the younger drivers currently in motorsport.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:57 PM   #146
XW Boy
Being built not bought.

R.I.P Brocky, bad week, hope it doesnt get any worse.