Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 12:18 PM   #121
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneredED
Russell, that clears a few things up.

If I've interpreted this right;
- you are in discussions with SOME board members, and you are going to let us know of any outcomes as they happen?
- the club is now "owned" by FF.com.au
- any members who are currently banned from these forums can still be a member of the E-series club
- the board positions will be voted on by ALL members (even those unable to view this site)

Is this correct?
Just to ensure that there is no misunderstanding.

1. Yes we are in discussions with some of the Board and as soon as we achieve consensus with that group the entire membership will be advised.

2. The club is NOT owned by AFF.com.au - it is a registered entity in it's own right with a caretaker P/O pending finalisation of a formal structure. Nothing more sinsiter than that.

3. All but one (as I have stated in the other thread) will be allowed to participate here if they so wish and if they wish to participate in the elections (assuming they are held here and not elsewhere) they will need to apply to rejoin the forum.

4. They will need to be able to view this site to vote unless we find some mechanism (email for example) to allow them to vote although that is obviously open to potential abuse.

The whole topic may well be rhetorical should the existing informal board decide to remove the club association from this forum so perhaps we should all await a decision from that body before continuing to theorise further.

Regards
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 03-08-2007, 12:21 PM   #122
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pHaT`eL
Thats just dodgy. You said youve got the best interest in mind for the club, yet if we want to move it, you dont want anything to do with it.
Absolute crap!!
It is hardly dodgy. The suggestion from John to remove the club from this forum is expressing the desire to be independent of AFF and thus we would not have anything to do with it. I fail to actually see how logic would dictate otherwise?

We have been castigated by some in this thread (yourself included) for taking an involvement that was unwanted so to suggest that we should continue to be involved subsequent to the memebrs (or their informal representatives) deciding to move is to contradict that stated view.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 03-08-2007, 12:24 PM   #123
TUFED6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
2. The club is NOT owned by AFF.com.au - it is a registered entity in it's own right with a caretaker P/O pending finalisation of a formal structure. Nothing more sinsiter than that.
Who is this public officer?
Old 03-08-2007, 12:25 PM   #124
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUFED6
Thats certainly an interesting opinion. I don't think anyone would deny that the club existed simply because it wasn't incorporated. The 'official' status that your logic is based on is fairly tenuous at best.
That's fine to say that right now, but what would happen should someone "sue" you as a result of an action through the "Club"?
Would the "Board" stand beside you then??

I'd think not.
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
Old 03-08-2007, 12:30 PM   #125
EFFalcon
Last warning

Quote:
Sadly, mate, you actually can't make that decision as an individual.

Russ
Hence why i said "IMO"
mate
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
Old 03-08-2007, 12:34 PM   #126
EFFalcon
Last warning

Quote:
It is hardly dodgy. The suggestion from John to remove the club from this forum is expressing the desire to be independent of AFF and thus we would not have anything to do with it. I fail to actually see how logic would dictate otherwise?
The suggestion was to get an idea of your involvement, how much say does the current board have in these matters, because the way it looks at the moment is that you'll go and do things you way anyway!

Can we vote for a new board on AFF, i'll step up to the position!
Old 03-08-2007, 12:35 PM   #127
EFFalcon
Last warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJL351
That's fine to say that right now, but what would happen should someone "sue" you as a result of an action through the "Club"?
Would the "Board" stand beside you then??

I'd think not.
So don't get sued...
Old 03-08-2007, 12:46 PM   #128
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
So don't get sued...
Yeah, that's a great answer.

While I would never wish it on any person/club. It can and does happen.

I still say you are make a mountain out of a mole hill.
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
Quote:
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
Old 03-08-2007, 12:54 PM   #129
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

DJL351 - what kind of situation do you have in mind where a clubmember would be in the position where they get sued for something and the rest of the club is able to successfully defend the sued individual?
Old 03-08-2007, 12:58 PM   #130
TUFED6
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, that's a great answer.

While I would never wish it on any person/club. It can and does happen.

I still say you are make a mountain out of a mole hill.
Simply being a club doesn't get you any protection from litigation. You still would need public liability insurance, which of course would need to be paid for by the members.

An unauthorized third party subverting the club's leadership by independently incorporating it is hardly a molehill.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:00 PM   #131
Eb Barbie
Banned

Quote:
So your pretty much saying you and AFF want control over e-series and can't face the fact that members have formed an independant club outside AFF which might I say has taken off quite well IMO. Now that you guys have been losing control over e-series you buy the rights to try gain that back?
Correct me if I'm worng, but that's how it looks to me atm.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:02 PM   #132
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
DJL351 - what kind of situation do you have in mind where a clubmember would be in the position where they get sued for something and the rest of the club is able to successfully defent the sued individual?
If a member of the public was to be injured by a club car, while on a club event, then there is an issue. (even parked in a carpark)

Now, I know your thinking... the drivers 3rd party etc will cover it.
Could do, but if they (the insurance company) find out you were party of a club/group, they can worm their way out of paying etc.

The FPV-Tickford Club of WA obtains a CAMS permit for every and any cruise/event we do/run.
Events we attend, such as the All Ford Day etc, are covered by their Public Liability Insurance.
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-08-2007, 01:03 PM   #133
pHaT`eL
Banned

Why would you need a cams permit to drive on the road?
Old 03-08-2007, 01:11 PM   #134
EA2BA
PM me if you want

This is what the club was working towards as written here:

http://www.deleted link/portal/magaz...y06/board.html

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
Old 03-08-2007, 01:15 PM   #135
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
Simply being a club doesn't get you any protection from litigation.
My point thank you for repeating it.
Being an Incorp is a big step to protecting the club and it's member base.

Quote:
You still would need public liability insurance, which of course would need to be paid for by the members.
Correct, but a group of people (the way I see the E-Series club) would not be able to obtain that insurance.
An Incorp group, with a working constitution, can and will.

Quote:
An unauthorized third party subverting the club's leadership by independently incorporating it is hardly a molehill.
Sorry, as I see it, the fact the current board had not already made these moves shows a complete lack of "leadership".
(and I'm sure there are a couple of people willing to take me on on that point alone)

The E-Series Club has been around for the same length of time as our club,
we've been an Icorp since early in our second year.
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-08-2007, 01:16 PM   #136
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
If a member of the public was to be injured by a club car, while on a club event, then there is an issue. (even parked in a carpark)

Now, I know your thinking... the drivers 3rd party etc will cover it.
Could do, but if they (the insurance company) find out you were party of a club/group, they can worm their way out of paying etc.

The FPV-Tickford Club of WA obtains a CAMS permit for every and any cruise/event we do/run.
Events we attend, such as the All Ford Day etc, are covered by their Public Liability Insurance.
So you're saying for something simple like a BBQ, if some nuffy kid on a bike rides into a parked "club" car & stacks, and we don't have CAMS approval for a BBQ, we're screwed with insurance/court?

Sounds pretty American to me.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:17 PM   #137
EFFalcon
Last warning

is our club the FPV Tickford club of WA?
no.

Do you have restrictions on membership?
Old 03-08-2007, 01:17 PM   #138
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
The suggestion was to get an idea of your involvement, how much say does the current board have in these matters, because the way it looks at the moment is that you'll go and do things you way anyway!

Can we vote for a new board on AFF, i'll step up to the position!
Thanks for the kind offer John but the way AFF is incorporated has no provision for that to happen.

The current admin team have all been involved in these discussions throughout the entire process as have the moderators at various stages.

MY offer to you and your board in the board area has been made without the full consultation of my Board as they are not all presently available but I have exercised the authority they provide me as Chairman to do so.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 03-08-2007, 01:20 PM   #139
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
So you're saying for something simple like a BBQ, if some nuffy kid on a bike rides into a parked "club" car & stacks, and we don't have CAMS approval for a BBQ, we're screwed with insurance/court?

Sounds pretty American to me.
Correct. We are even in the process of adding signs to the club trailer
to notify Joe Bloggs (general public) that the BBQ plate could be hot and not to touch.

Yes "American" it is, but it is unfortunately the way of the world.
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-08-2007, 01:24 PM   #140
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
is our club the FPV Tickford club of WA?
no.

Do you have restrictions on membership?
No, your not our club and we're not yours.... However the LAW see us all in the same light.

I fail to see what you're asking - re: restrictions on membership?
Yes, our members are restricted to vehicles defined in our constitution.
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-08-2007, 01:29 PM   #141
EFFalcon
Last warning

Quote:
No, your not our club and we're not yours.... However the LAW see us all in the same light.

I fail to see what you're asking - re: restrictions on membership?
Yes, our members are restricted to vehicles defined in our constitution.
Theres the difference, we as a club have never had restrictions on who can join.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:31 PM   #142
EFFalcon
Last warning

Quote:
The current admin team have all been involved in these discussions throughout the entire process as have the moderators at various stages.
Russ
Perhaps we wouldn't be in this situation if you consulted with board members and said 'We are going to register your club, this is the plan'... AFF moderators = bias towards AFF... fancy that.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:43 PM   #143
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
Theres the difference, we as a club have never had restrictions on who can join.
But where and how does this effect the the club becoming an Incorp?
In creating the constitution, the committee/board & members would/could allow membership however they want.
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-08-2007, 01:52 PM   #144
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Perhaps we wouldn't be in this situation if you consulted with board members and said 'We are going to register your club, this is the plan'... AFF moderators = bias towards AFF... fancy that.
OK so obviously we are going in circles here. Hopefully details can be sorted ASAP. I guess AFF could have said nothing, and waited until they did have more details but then people would kick up a fuss anyway.

Perhaps suggestions from yourself and other disgruntled members would help? Or is it a case of too far gone and you want to leave?

Leave the political mumbo jumbo and perhaps getting to the point is best as this thread will never end.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane

Last edited by Polyal; 03-08-2007 at 02:02 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 03-08-2007, 01:53 PM   #145
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
AFF moderators = bias towards AFF... fancy that.
Every mod?
Old 03-08-2007, 02:03 PM   #146
EFFalcon
Last warning

more so then the rest of the eseries board would have been!
Old 03-08-2007, 02:07 PM   #147
bomber
Banned

AFF should never of taken this step it was not their club to register this club as stated before no doubt AFF was hosting forums for the club out of good will and how the club grows is really none of their business maybe in the best interest but they shouldn't have a say in taking it this direction. I think they have ruined the E-series Owners club atmosphear all for their own power and glory this is a complete dog act and makes AFF look like total . I can understand that they needed to moderate these forums as they need to protect the over all Forums but doing this the members involded are complete **** *****!!

My 2c FTW

Last edited by EA2BA; 03-08-2007 at 02:10 PM. Reason: swearing is not needed
Old 03-08-2007, 02:09 PM   #148
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
more so then the rest of the eseries board would have been!
Nice. So it's guilty by association.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:10 PM   #149
EFFalcon
Last warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Perhaps suggestions from yourself and other disgruntled members would help? Or is it a case of too far gone and you want to leave?
My suggestions were to put the board 100% in contorl of the Eseries members, not part E-series part AFF, even if i'm not on the board.

or not register it at all.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:11 PM   #150
EFFalcon
Last warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Nice. So it's guilty by association.
Thats how AFF admin think so yes.
I'm Admin on another forum where members have been bad mouthing AFF, i wasnt partaking in that bad mouthing, but being guilty by association my moderator status was removed.
why should it be any different for the rest?

I've got no problems with 99% of the people on this site, but an AFF Moderators is going to be bias towards the club staying on AFF more then someone not in that position.
It was more aimed at the Eseries mods then anyone else.
Closed Thread