Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-03-2012, 12:06 AM   #121
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: Holden seeks $300million to build two extra production lines in Adelaide

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
So what are you more angry about, that Holden keeps asking for more funding for local products or that Ford doesn't really bother?

We know that Holden is tops in self promotion but sometimes being forthright
pays dividends while the silent grumblers get sweet FA and the long kiss goodbye..
Its the way they go about it that erks me. Ford work with the government and are fair with what they ask for, Holden make threats, twist the governments arm and are as greedy as **** with how much money they want.

Typical GM arrogance.

And the way they crap on about how successful they are but bleed the government dry just to get by.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2012, 12:13 AM   #122
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: Holden seeks $300million to build two extra production lines in Adelaide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Its the way they go about it that erks me. Ford work with the government and are fair with what they ask for, Holden make threats, twist the governments arm and are as greedy as **** with how much money they want.

Typical GM arrogance.

And the way they crap on about how successful they are but bleed the government dry just to get by.
For me, Ford is being too "nice and up front" for their own good, it doesn't pay to be that way.
IMO, Ford needs to get in there while bucks are on offer and establish funding for next
generation manufacturing and export within FAPA. be a little entrepreneurial.....
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2012, 12:22 AM   #123
Bossxr8
Peter Car

I think they are just accepting their fate from Detroit. They know whats in store for them, they aren't just flying blind.

Sucks but.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:27 AM   #124
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Well, the optimist in me says that in two years time, Falcon will still be in production, even if no one is buying it.

So there...
Old 04-03-2012, 01:35 AM   #125
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

FoA should seek some assistance too, use 300 million to tool up a Tdi Falcon ute, bring some more gizmos into the falcon and implement DI on the 4L...or adapt a V6 into the falcon.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2012, 09:12 AM   #126
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
FoA should seek some assistance too, use 300 million to tool up a Tdi Falcon ute, bring some more gizmos into the falcon and implement DI on the 4L...or adapt a V6 into the falcon.
Go back a step.

1) work out a product envelope to cover as many potential buyers as possible.

2) Work out a list locally manufactured products can be supplied at a profit,

3) Look at existing infrastructure and work out what changes need to be made

4) Can the foundry and engine line be reconfigured cost effectively to deliver new products.

5) Can other superseded engines be obtained, upgraded and used here.

6) How can product costs be controlled through one Ford and its supplier network.

Contrary to what some believe, Ford head office is not eager to close down local manufacturing,
they want FoA to work out a way to make it work keeping Ford's strong presence in the community.
To that end, it is up to Ford Australia to submit viable proposals and a go forward plan.

So much of what i read these day is everyone and Ford fans suffering form the constant
gobelling coming out of the media that Falcon is dying, something Ford has closed its ears to.

Me, I look forward to the good news that Territory, Focus, Fiesta and Ranger brings.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:28 AM   #127
prydey
Rob

Quote:
So much of what i read these day is everyone and Ford fans suffering form the constant
gobelling coming out of the media that Falcon is dying, something Ford has closed its ears to.

Me, I look forward to the good news that Territory, Focus, Fiesta and Ranger brings.
not just ford have closed their ears to it. there are a few positive fans left yet!

also, we only know about how they go about asking for money by what we read in the media. maybe, again, its just the way the media portray it but in reality the facts are different.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #128
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
not just ford have closed their ears to it. there are a few positive fans left yet!

also, we only know about how they go about asking for money by what we read in the media. maybe, again, its just the way the media portray it but in reality the facts are different.
Everything in the media is a screaming headline of extremes, the truth is probably quite boring...
Give us the funding and we can make the business case work for a better choice of vehicles going forward.
AFAIK, Ford has alternatives and can tailor those to suit funding received so whatever they decide to do is OK.

Let's just say that I would be more worried if there wasn't a choice and nothing was planned as a replacement...
Old 04-03-2012, 11:57 AM   #129
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Well, the optimist in me says that in two years time, Falcon will still be in production, even if no one is buying it.

So there...
True. They need to stop the bleeding though, they have let all the negative stories destroy the buyers confidence in the product, Falcons name is now mud, so they need to rebuild confidence in the brand. But they will just sit on their hands and do nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
These things won't make one iota of difference, no new engines or economy benefits will help sales, they have a car no one wants because of a million other reasons other than economy. They put all their eggs in this basket already with LPi, EB4 and diesel for Territory, yet Falcon still doesn't sell. Its more likely because it is an expensive large car that its not selling, people don't seem to want them anymore. Changing engines and improving economy won't change this. Diesel only worked for Territory because its an SUV, and SUV's are very popular now, having a cheaper to run diesel just put a cherry on top and solved Territorys number 1 issue, they were expensive to run. Falcons problems run elsewhere.

EcoLPi is already cheaper to run than most small cars, but still no one buys them.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:30 PM   #130
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
EcoLPi is already cheaper to run than most small cars, but still no one buys them.
January and February are really poor months to gauge sales performance, fleets normally
come back to life two or three months before end of financial year through to September/October.

So yeah, it's worrying that sales are slow but it's like fishing, you gotta be ready when the fish are biting...