Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 16-09-2012, 10:24 PM   #121
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: Ford losing out by not selling XR8?

Well the intercooled motor has to be used eventually, it was developed alongside the current engine. Its apparently ready to go.

So that definately leaves room for the 315 engine to move down a rung if the GT gets the intercooled version and the GS gets the 335 as a hand me down.

Now that Ford have control of FPV its possible, maybe next year but possibly 2014 with the upgrade Falcon, they will probably need to up the 335's power to stay infront of the VF HSV's, at least on paper. We all know it's so far infront in real figures the HSV's will probably never match it.
Old 16-09-2012, 10:25 PM   #122
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Yes, Ford is missing out by not selling an XR8. They have the chance to fix that now with a badge-engineered GS, nothing else spent.

It wouldn't cost them anything to just try it, other than marketting.

No, scratch that, Ford don't market the Falcon anymore. So it wouldn't cost them a cent! if it fails, all the trolls can feel superior and tell us so, and we can argue back that it was because there was no marketting, but heck, we'll have each bought an XR8 for ourselves.....

Win win!

Lukeyson
Old 16-09-2012, 10:26 PM   #123
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova 8
Someone who gets it, good to see some people are just blind fan boys!

At 45k I would have had the XR8 no questions, but its not offered. I'm not saying ford should build one, merely responding to the thread stating that ford would have recieved my business over holden if they sold an xr8 still but i understand why they dont. On this note, I want a NEW V8 but cant afford the GS and dont want a xt - what option do i have? Apparently buy a GS....

Im not whinging that ford doesnt have a car to met my needs, thats life, move on. I did and i bought a holden.
If you bought a Holden and don't really like Ford then why are you here then?

Just for a whinge?
Old 16-09-2012, 10:27 PM   #124
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta_Man69

In summary, there are a couple of people who think that there is room for a cheaper 8.

A couple of people....

There is your answer.

A couple of people who would swing either way, Ford could have a XR8 at 45K, but Holden will have a Special edition SS for the sameprice or less...

Then there would be the

"Why can't ford sell the XR8 with brembos"

or

"holden have the SS @ 39999 with free leather, why can't ford"

"I wanted to buy the XR8 but i could get the SS much cheaper so i bought that, if the falcon was cheaper i would have bought it"

Its funny, we blame the "beancounters" for killing off products, but those bean counters see unit costs and profits, sales data...and all this other stuff that we can only assume about...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 16-09-2012, 10:28 PM   #125
Kryton

So many "experts" here that feel they can speak on behalf of Ford, yet not one of them actually work in any department of Ford that knows the real figures or makes the real decision.
Typical one eyed dribble thats become of this place.
Old 16-09-2012, 10:33 PM   #126
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryton
So many "experts" here that feel they can speak on behalf of Ford, yet not one of them actually work in any department of Ford that knows the real figures or makes the real decision.
Typical one eyed dribble thats become of this place.
Actually ...... you are very wrong on that. Very far wrong. Just showing a little bit of ignorance not knowing who some of the people here are ...... You have just added to the dribble that you speak of.

Closed now. Everyone has had their say.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread