Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-05-2008, 10:40 AM   #121
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTR
Neither are donkeys, they're just as stubborn
Yes well unfortunately for you, and like everybody else, you only have your opinion about this... something which can't me measured to be correct or luckily for you, incorrect.

You have accused me of believing my opinion is the right one, you are doing the exact same thing.

And no, i'm not asking for a reply

end of subject.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2008, 12:58 AM   #122
XRQTR
TBA Customs

^^^^ you really are a pompous fool :yeees:

I think your avatar says it all
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2008, 10:07 AM   #123
RATT
In a Pug..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter

Indeed it is BUT what are the odds that their quoted fuel economy is quite different to what you actually get? That's always been the case with both Falcons and Commodores. If Ford actually achieves the claimed fuel economy it will be a surprise.
Refer this thread: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...33#post2158433

Economy is better than most think.
RATT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2008, 12:43 PM   #124
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATT
Refer this thread: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...33#post2158433

Economy is better than most think.
Hehe, well that's really gonna burn the Jap fanboi ricers.

Ford needs to take articles like that and quote the bejesus out of them. They need to break the 'Ford = gas guzzler lolololol!111' mindset that seems to have lingered.

Granted of course my Falcon will happily eat 20L/100 KM but its old and clunky.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:08 PM   #125
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

First down day is now 20th June. Employees are losing all three flexible RDO's and these are becoming PDO's, re: 3 down days.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:39 PM   #126
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATT
It is critical that Ford somehow promote the impoved fuel economy to the general public. An additional comment at the end of the ads quoting fuel economy, such as "You'll be amazed at the fuel economy......" would be ideal.

Otherwise a truely world class vehicle in every respect.
Notice they now have a voice mentioning the remarkable fuel economy amongst other things, when they now run the ads showing that nice looking new G6E(T?).

Someone from Ford marketing must be reading these threads.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2008, 06:43 PM   #127
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They sold over 3000 cars last month, a fair increase on the past 12 months, the marketing can't be too bad!

Old 04-06-2008, 06:50 PM   #128
RATT
In a Pug..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ghia
Notice they now have a voice mentioning the remarkable fuel economy amongst other things, when they now run the ads showing that nice looking new G6E(T?).

Someone from Ford marketing must be reading these threads.

Well there you go.

AFF would be a 24hr a day feedback/research group for Ford.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:36 PM   #129
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTR
^^^^ you really are a pompous fool :yeees:

I think your avatar says it all
pity you had to resort to a personal attack. No biggie at all as I couldn't give a toss!

It's obvious that you've hit a brick wall and couldn't find decent reasoning within yourself to keep the discussion civil (after all I wasn't arguing), rather you've taken the easy way out.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:15 AM   #130
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

lets give it a rest kids, before uncle bastard decides to not take his medicine.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2008, 01:55 AM   #131
ltd
Force Fed Fords

I have been seeing these ads an awful lot lately, and I really believe they are a good thing. When you take into account the tolerance factor, you can put up with these ads alot longer than you can the "in your face" aurion ads, or the commodore ads (even though they have changed tack now, before the donuts, stone walls etc).

In a nutshell, these ads for the fg are alot less offensive or obtrusive to most people other than enthusiasts and I believe this is where ford will shine. Without going into detail about subliminal message marketing, less people of the general population are likely to change channels when viewing an fg ad over the aforementioned other brands, and are less likely to become fed up with it. The ads have no positive pressure stance to make, they are rather mildly suggestive and show the car in a fantastic light. There are some marketing gurus who are part of this forum who can tell you the attention span of the average viewer in deciphering and processing hard data whilst trying to watch tv, and I think ford have realised it and encapsulated it in an attractive package that is easy on the eyes and non offensive on the ears. Well done ford, way to go to improve your image and create a more upmarket perception of the brand. I really hope it pays off as it is a fantastic product that deserves to be a best seller.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2008, 09:37 AM   #132
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i'm getting to like the g6e ad but i still think the xr ad is a little weak
but i did see a real xr6 & g6e on the weekend and i prefer the old xr6 but i think the g6e looks alot better than the bf fairmont ghia
BA GT Mk1 #0009 - Narooma Blue
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
Holden HX 50th Anniversary
AU Saloon Car racecar
1980 GS1000ST - Wes Cooley Rep
ebv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2008, 10:06 AM   #133
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebv8
i'm getting to like the g6e ad but i still think the xr ad is a little weak
but i did see a real xr6 & g6e on the weekend and i prefer the old xr6 but i think the g6e looks alot better than the bf fairmont ghia
I don't know the BF Ghia is pretty good especially with a tasty 3 valve under the bonnet.

Maybe this forum is actually working because the G6E ad has changed they now actually tell you stuff about it like it has ipod and reversing camera etc.

I do think the XR6 Turbo and G6E Turbo should be pushing something about V8 killing performance without a V8 fuel bill or something.
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2008, 12:09 PM   #134
whales
351 Cleveland:Pure Muscle

I getting used to the Ads now but there doesn't seem to be enough of them. Where as in other posts people are seeing lots of them..........Maybe I watch the wrong shows or at the wrong time.
I suppose it hard and expensive to advertise on all shows all of the time.
But they must be doing something right with the sales going back to over 3000.
IMO they need to emphaise the Safety,Features and Fuel economy in their advertising
Old 05-06-2008, 01:47 PM   #135
Cougs
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by whales
I getting used to the Ads now but there doesn't seem to be enough of them. Where as in other posts people are seeing lots of them..........Maybe I watch the wrong shows or at the wrong time.
I suppose it hard and expensive to advertise on all shows all of the time.
But they must be doing something right with the sales going back to over 3000.
IMO they need to emphaise the Safety,Features and Fuel economy in their advertising
I think i have figuered it out...

You're not seeing the ads as much because it's not targeting you - you already know the cars are good! The ads are targeting those who'd never consider a Falcon, to consider one...!

To the uninitated, they will see the ad and think "ooh.. Ford G series? never heard of it! what is it?"

Notice they dont say anything about the word "Falcon"?

Good luck Ford!
Cougs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2008, 02:13 PM   #136
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Does the G series actually have a "Falcon" badge on it?
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2008, 03:20 PM   #137
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekism
Does the G series actually have a "Falcon" badge on it?
No i doesn't. In fact apart from XT i don't think any FGs have a falcon badge....although the XRs are still marketed as 'Falcon XR...'. The G series doesn't have any mention of Falcon in any form, marketing or otherwise, a deliberate tool to distance them from fleet specials and negative connotations.....it is marekted as a more powerful, RWD Mondeo, which is seen as preferable for the private buyer.
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2008, 03:48 PM   #138
JessRanger
Starter Motor

i didn't like the ad personally

but for an ad that no one seems to like, there's a fair bit of discussion going on lol!
Old 05-06-2008, 04:21 PM   #139
RATT
In a Pug..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougs
I think i have figuered it out...

You're not seeing the ads as much because it's not targeting you - you already know the cars are good! The ads are targeting those who'd never consider a Falcon, to consider one...!

To the uninitated, they will see the ad and think "ooh.. Ford G series? never heard of it! what is it?"

Notice they dont say anything about the word "Falcon"?

Good luck Ford!
Hit the nail on the head!
Old 05-06-2008, 06:16 PM   #140
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
There are some marketing gurus who are part of this forum who can tell you the attention span of the average viewer in deciphering and processing hard data whilst trying to watch tv, and I think ford have realised it and encapsulated it in an attractive package that is easy on the eyes and non offensive on the ears.
I don't know about non offensive to the ears, that little tune they use is bloody annoying.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2008, 08:57 PM   #141
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekism
I don't know the BF Ghia is pretty good especially with a tasty 3 valve under the bonnet.

Maybe this forum is actually working because the G6E ad has changed they now actually tell you stuff about it like it has ipod and reversing camera etc.

I do think the XR6 Turbo and G6E Turbo should be pushing something about V8 killing performance without a V8 fuel bill or something.
This forum didn't do jack, they had planned this from the outset. The first ad we saw was planned to hang around for a month, without showing much of the car for too long. This second ad, as you mention, gives a little more detail and shows more of the car.

"We will start with the 45 second versions of the television commercials which you will notice don't mention any features or industry jargon that customers will dismiss as just another typical Falcon television commercial. This is intentional and is aimed at getting the attention of people who are not currently looking at Falcon or who assume they know what a Falcon is. Detailing too much about the car at this early stage will mean that people simply will turn off and we will fail in changing their perceptions. The 30 sec versions that we will play a few weeks later have more car imagery and more features in it. These commercials form part of what is a much larger, integrated communication plan."
Old 06-06-2008, 09:48 AM   #142
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
I don't know about non offensive to the ears, that little tune they use is bloody annoying.
Must say it doesn't bother me...
Old 06-06-2008, 04:28 PM   #143
paul351xb

Well this has been a bloody good read. I personally don't like the new add but I guess Ford isn't aiming at me. I like the idea suggested earlier in the thread about showing the family photo with the keys to the falcon in front. Make the buyers believe that the car will get them to and from their destination comfortably and safely. Also make it that the car becomes a much loved member of the family. Stir up emotions without having to go the big horse power route. Add to the equation about fuel economy, handling, build quality AND after sales service.

With the new model a non lemon clause might put a bit of faith back in the local market and steer people away from the jap and euro cars. Unless the local car industry is prepared to stand behind it's product and put something on the table to build up confidence and respect with the market it so desperately wants to attract then they might as well shut the plant and kiss over 40 years of history goodbye.
paul351xb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2008, 05:40 PM   #144
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I like the commercials personally. I find them pleasant.
Whether they are effective is another thing, but as stated, the fact that sales have already increased significantly is positive.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post