Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-08-2011, 11:09 PM   #121
Maximushaydos

Default Re: Funny stories involving the Police

Not car related as such but recently I was out in the font section of our yard cleaning up some branches and sticks that had fallen on the ground. A patrol car drove passed as I bent over to pick up a stick ( had my back to the police car) an my shorts ripped something terrible.

Not wearing undies since I was like 7 I bared all my goodies to the officer who stopped dead in the middle of the road, rolled down his window and yelled out..... I should arrest you for all that crack!

Yes I was red in the face

Maximus
Old 18-08-2011, 11:34 PM   #122
Suvo
BA Fairmont Ghia X

Got pulled up for a random check the other week, popped the bonnet for the officer, he had a look in and pointed at the gas convertor puzzled about what it was (probably thinking it was a turbo) and tried tracking the hoses and just got confused and gave up even with me trying to explain it. Had a chat and found out why he actually pulled me over (besides the check). He liked the look of my Fairlane and got embarrased when I told him it was only a Fairmont Ghia. He told me to keep it clean and have a nice day.
2002 BA Fairmont GHIA X, Now 230kw 3V V8 + ZF 6sp (Semi retired)
1994 Land Rover Discovery 1 3.9 Manual (Bush hack)
1992 DC LTD, 5L (Daily)
1979 ZJ Fairlane, Sno White (Gone but not forgotten)
1979 P6 LTD Town Car, Clevo goodness
Suvo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2011, 08:27 AM   #123
Ibrox90
Banned

Driving along a street in my suburb on my way home I noticed a cop sitting behind me, I was nearly home so it didnt worry me too much.

I was in my 94 Magna just pottering along doing just under 50kmh, indicated slowed began to turn BANG the commodore hit me I completed my turn and pulled over, got out the car to find the Commodores bumber attached to my towbar and the cop looking a bit embarassed. He must of being looking be up in the computer.

I dont get that how can they look us up in a comp and we cant use a hands free hit ????

any way the cop said i should be on my way as he removed the bumber from my towbar,

No damage to the Magna, though as I got back into the car I noticed a large amount of coolant and a large Dent in his radiator

HIS
THUNDER
2004 BA XR8
Blueprint

Mods:
Quad Exhaust, Hi-Flow Air filter, BFtiming chain tensioners, Billet Oil pump gears
stage 2 shift kit, riding on G6ET 18's

HERS
FLASH
BA MKII XR6 Turbo
Phantom Purple
Typhoon front end

Parking your ford after a long day of being Awesome
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Parkin...37774932974038
Ibrox90 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2011, 10:21 AM   #124
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenzo
Basically they told me that I will never go to court for it. Apparently the Traffic Sergeant got so much stick from the other Traffic Officers and Detectives that a 17 y/o in a standard engined Galant (76Kw at the flywheel) out drove him they did not want the magistrates to know.

hahaha owned
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2011, 02:50 PM   #125
Honro

About 4 years ago my then Supervisor got a brand new XR6 - at the time it was less then a week old.

She was driving in Canberra down Northbourne Ave. As she was driving the traffic lights changed from green to yellow. As she explained, she was in two minds whether to go through the lights or stop quite abruptly as they had only just gone yellow and she was doing 60km and the lights were approx 50metres away.

She took the first option and went through only to be pulled over on the other side by an unmarked police car which was following her. He proceeded to lecture her and write her a large fine. (approx $350 iirc). He then said she was free to go.

As she drove off less then 200m down the road is another set of lights when the same thing happened the lights turned yellow. So this time she puts the brakes on and stops. However this time she is met with an all mighty CRUNCH!! As it happens the undercover police car was behind her and was expecting her to go through again but this time slammed right into her doing approx 45km!

Needles to say the fine was torn up. The car though was a total write off. Only thing is i dont remember if the police or insurance paid for the dmg.

I must admit i didnt believe the story when she told me - but then she showed me the photo's and i just died in laughter - the Police man honestly looked like he was holding back tears hahaha!!!
Honro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2011, 02:44 PM   #126
spebgtsprint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There are some good cops out there..................

A few years ago I had spent a fair few dollars on my ED Sprint. Sold some of my milder items off the Sprint to a mate with a bog stock EB XR8. He was happy with the performance upgrade to his car, but knew mine was even quicker..... "Do ya wanna go for a lap in my Sprint, I'll show ya how she goes?" Mate, "Lets go!"

Flying along Marmion Ave (Mullaloo, WA) then at the last minute decide to turn right into Ocean Reef Rd. When the red turn arrow turns green, we hit the gears hard, First flat out, Second flat out, Third flat out. By this time we're doing about 120km/h in an 80 zone and I'm about to give it the berries in Fourth when I notice this car with blue and red flashing lights on it's roof trying to catch me...... Pull over in a bus stop and look at my mate in the passengers seat with a worried look......... Two male cops get out with their sunnies on and bad attitudes written all over their faces....... One of them is already writing me up and quietly smirking to himself. The other one is in my face asking what the hell is the rush, where's the fire etc. "You left more rubber at that last intersection than a Top Fuel Dragster at the drags etc. I honestly thought that I was losing the car, my home, my bank account etc.... Just looked at my mate and said "I think I'm seriously rooted here".

As the other bloke who is writing the ticket comes up to me to verify my details, he takes off the sunglasses to address me, takes a second glance at me and says "Colin bloody Dickinson!!"

Turns out the cop and I (and Graeme my mate in the passengers seat) had all worked on the same mine site on the shift together about 3 years previously! (He left the mine to become a cop)

After a few jokes and reminiscing, I only copped a $100 fine for excessive noise at take off and that was it. The rest of the book being thrown at me was forgotten about......... (Even then he apologized for the ticket, but he had to give me something as he had already started filling out the rego details before he knew it was me)

This was a few years ago before the hoon laws became official in WA too. Hate to think what wouldve happened, had it been recently, and picked up by some cop I didn't know..........

Cheers

Colin

XR8 SPRINT
FREE HO
MERC C55 AMG
AUDI A4
spebgtsprint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2011, 09:10 PM   #127
Ba tradie

This happened to me a fair few years ago. I was riding an old TS 185 Suzi in MT Gambier and got pulled over by the local boys. After the usual rego check all good. Then the man says that exhaust looks loose and grabs it. 1 Bike been running for 1Hr. 2 copper grabs hot pipe. 3 Burns his hand. It was a classic me trying not to laugh his offsider ****in himself. Then all he said was its ok on your way. It was so hard to ride away with tears in my eyes and laughing so hard
Ba tradie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2011, 01:05 AM   #128
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by spebgtsprint
There are some good cops out there..................

A few years ago I had spent a fair few dollars on my ED Sprint. Sold some of my milder items off the Sprint to a mate with a bog stock EB XR8. He was happy with the performance upgrade to his car, but knew mine was even quicker..... "Do ya wanna go for a lap in my Sprint, I'll show ya how she goes?" Mate, "Lets go!"

Flying along Marmion Ave (Mullaloo, WA) then at the last minute decide to turn right into Ocean Reef Rd. When the red turn arrow turns green, we hit the gears hard, First flat out, Second flat out, Third flat out. By this time we're doing about 120km/h in an 80 zone and I'm about to give it the berries in Fourth when I notice this car with blue and red flashing lights on it's roof trying to catch me...... Pull over in a bus stop and look at my mate in the passengers seat with a worried look......... Two male cops get out with their sunnies on and bad attitudes written all over their faces....... One of them is already writing me up and quietly smirking to himself. The other one is in my face asking what the hell is the rush, where's the fire etc. "You left more rubber at that last intersection than a Top Fuel Dragster at the drags etc. I honestly thought that I was losing the car, my home, my bank account etc.... Just looked at my mate and said "I think I'm seriously rooted here".

As the other bloke who is writing the ticket comes up to me to verify my details, he takes off the sunglasses to address me, takes a second glance at me and says "Colin bloody Dickinson!!"

Turns out the cop and I (and Graeme my mate in the passengers seat) had all worked on the same mine site on the shift together about 3 years previously! (He left the mine to become a cop)

After a few jokes and reminiscing, I only copped a $100 fine for excessive noise at take off and that was it. The rest of the book being thrown at me was forgotten about......... (Even then he apologized for the ticket, but he had to give me something as he had already started filling out the rego details before he knew it was me)

This was a few years ago before the hoon laws became official in WA too. Hate to think what wouldve happened, had it been recently, and picked up by some cop I didn't know..........

Cheers

Colin
Protip: Don't drive like a ******** unless you know the local copper?

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
drew`SEVNT5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post