Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-01-2009, 11:20 PM   #121
OvaKil
ANARCHY

Im glad i started this thread. Seems like every1's needed a good vent. I sure as hell feel alot better, and i know the mrs does coz she doesnt have to hear me go on abt it lol.
F6 R Spec #130 Winter White 6 Speed Manual. 373rwkws on 16psi

OvaKil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 11:42 PM   #122
XR6TCraig
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvaKil
When some1 damages my car they might as well be molestering me... The car is a very big part of my life. And i tell you wat, ill be paying for the car the rest of my life. :togo:
Wow. You really need to get your priorities sorted, if you think accidental damage to an inanimate object ( that would be that piece of tin and plastic in your driveway that keeps you poor) is in the same ballpark as having your sphincter muscle used and abused by your dirty old uncle or big bubba. :

I mean, don't get me wrong, I love my car, but in the event of an accident, I would be more concerned with the lives of any occupants (my wife and daughter) in it, than the car itself, which is insured after all and is also replaceable.

Sounds like in your case you would be more concerned with the car!
XR6TCraig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 11:43 PM   #123
XR6TCraig
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
And i tell you wat, ill be paying for the car the rest of my life. :togo:
You sound proud of that!

Either that or you are 80+ yrs old and don't expect to live much longer!

I am actually pretty happy that I don't own a cent on either of ours.
Old 15-01-2009, 11:50 PM   #124
OvaKil
ANARCHY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craiginmackay
Wow. You really need to get your priorities sorted, if you think accidental damage to an inanimate object ( that would be that piece of tin and plastic in your driveway that keeps you poor) is in the same ballpark as having your sphincter muscle used and abused by your dirty old uncle or big bubba. :

I mean, don't get me wrong, I love my car, but in the event of an accident, I would be more concerned with the lives of any occupants (my wife and daughter) in it, than the car itself, which is insured after all and is also replaceable.

Sounds like in your case you would be more concerned with the car!
Nah nah i didnt mean it like that sorry. An accident is different. I meant more as if some1 did it on perpose.

Old 15-01-2009, 11:54 PM   #125
OvaKil
ANARCHY

Quote:
You sound proud of that!

Either that or you are 80+ yrs old and don't expect to live much longer!

I am actually pretty happy that I don't own a cent on either of ours.
Trust me im not proud of it. The mrs is now pregnant and i meant its gonna take awhile to pay the car off as i cant help myself with the mods. I wish i went for a xr6t. Same motor and half the price.

Old 16-01-2009, 01:18 AM   #126
ehast13
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had a girl in a barina open the door into my car one day. I was sittin in the car with the kids and got out snd said "excuse me". she shut the door and drove away. She gave me the finger too. I wrote down her number plate and she was charged with leaving the scene of an accident

stupid girl should have shown some manners

If u can I.D the culprit, put in in writing and present it to us. The police may not visit them that day, but they do have to check it out. If you can get the name of someone who also witnessed it, you're laughing.

My wife was coming out of the shops and saw what happened. Never even had to go to court. She paid us the money to respray door. I never got the door resprayed. I touched it up myself. No dent, just paint off side protection mould.

I honestly hope she cried herself to sleep with stress. I hope she learned a lesson from it an d told all her friends. I hope she and her friends are more careful next time
ehast13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2009, 01:44 AM   #127
XR6TCraig
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry to get off topic, but

Quote:
I wish i went for a xr6t. Same motor and half the price.
this I know. See my Sig? BFII, same motor, almost identical RWKW to yours, same trans, the only thing I had to do that you would not have to, was install a beefier clutch.

Purchased the ute new. Cost me just over 38K! :
Old 16-01-2009, 09:40 AM   #128
swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobes32
I'm sorry, Do we have a problem?

The conversation went along the lines of "If my son did that to somebodies car, I would smack his backside" He did not threaten to dis-member the kid or make an attempt on his life, etc.
well in your post you said

'me old man then spent th next fortnight threatening bodily harm to the 13 yr old to the point he was a nervous wreck'

sounds a bit different to a 'conversation' about smacking his backside!

So which one was it? A conversation or threatening the young bloke for 2 weeks till he was a nervous wreck? Seems like a big difference to me!
swapper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2009, 10:24 AM   #129
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I remember coming back to my ute at a big shopping centre, it was parked well away from all the masses and their econoboxes. I pressed the unlock button on the remote and 3 pips, it had been triggered! Walking towards my car also was a lady with a very long face, she apologised for hitting my car and said her daughter a learner driver had hit the go pedal instead of the brake and launched forward into the concrete wall next my car. The only damage the ute sustained was a black mark where her mirror scuffed the side and a tiny tiny dent.
It buffed out!
I still park carefully and the ute still looks good with no door scrapes etc on it. So don't be discouraged by the odd moron, look after your cars and enjoy them!
cheers
Bill.
Old 16-01-2009, 10:38 AM   #130
OvaKil
ANARCHY

Quote:
Sorry to get off topic, but
this I know. See my Sig? BFII, same motor, almost identical RWKW to yours, same trans, the only thing I had to do that you would not have to, was install a beefier clutch.

Purchased the ute new. Cost me just over 38K! :
Yeah i know. But i always wanted a typhoon lol. If i knew i was gonna have so many warranty problems (thats a different story) i wouldn't of gotten it. Got mine new at 69k If i waited 2-3 more months i could of gotten it for 55k.
They dropped price quick when the cobra got released. Hadn't even recived mine when they annonced the cobra.

Old 16-01-2009, 12:10 PM   #131
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnedout
An interesting observation - I recall having the same state of mind, back in the 'Post Jurassic' - and at the time I was in the same line of work in which you find yourself at the moment.
It would seem things don't change much, (as if we didn't know).

Glad someone said this. It normally is the case things havent changed its just things are more widely reported now.
Old 16-01-2009, 05:34 PM   #132
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
People have little respect when it comes to cars. I was parked once, sitting in the car and this woman pulls up next to me in Corolla and opened her car door (quite hard) into mine. She looked around (didnt think to look IN my car) then as no one had seen her she hurried off to the shops. Just so happened the car I was in was going to the big graveyard of the wreckers soon (so I didnt really care) - so I proceeded to slam the absolute bejeesus out of my door into the side of her car about four of five times leaving some nice crease marks. I felt much better after that.

lol! i think that is completely deserved if she parked a fair distance away but still managed to throw out her door that hard as to scratch your car... i just cant fathom why people do such things, i know myself i would never do that to anyone for no good reason.
you can tell some people have never had a nice car in their life because if they did they would understand and just simply be careful its not that hard
Stattic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2009, 05:47 PM   #133
Buddy 1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Go way back to 1979 when I was 17 & I had a HQ GTS Monaro, Yellow with Black Stripes & a Fully Rebuilt Performance 308 with a Nice Dual Exhaust & one Day I came out from Work (Coles) to my Car only to see a so called Mate spraying a can of Coke all over my Car, I ran up to him & said What tha $#@* are you doing to which he said Oh Sorry Man Umm Umm am Sorry is Coz I am Jealous, you have such a nice Car etc etc...
Now he was 6"3 or so & I am approx 5"7 but he broke down & was shaking (Coz he was Caught) & begged me not to tell his Dad who was an Ex Cop.
I said like ok ya *&#@ get up & I will not tell on you.
Went Home & washed it off, was no damage coz it was washed off Quickly.

So it went on back then as well & from some you would least expect it from.

However I do think there is Less Respect these Days in general.

Even if I had an old Bomb I would be careful not to open my Door on other Peoples vehicles as is not my right to Damage others Property.

Unless they did it first & were not Sorry about it
Buddy 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2009, 05:54 PM   #134
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy 1
Go way back to 1979 when I was 17 & I had a HQ GTS Monaro, Yellow with Black Stripes & a Fully Rebuilt Performance 308 with a Nice Dual Exhaust & one Day I came out from Work (Coles) to my Car only to see a so called Mate spraying a can of Coke all over my Car, I ran up to him & said What tha $#@* are you doing to which he said Oh Sorry Man Umm Umm am Sorry is Coz I am Jealous, you have such a nice Car etc etc...
Now he was 6"3 or so & I am approx 5"7 but he broke down & was shaking (Coz he was Caught) & begged me not to tell his Dad who was an Ex Cop.
I said like ok ya *&#@ get up & I will not tell on you.
Went Home & washed it off, was no damage coz it was washed off Quickly.

So it went on back then as well & from some you would least expect it from.

However I do think there is Less Respect these Days in general.

Even if I had an old Bomb I would be careful not to open my Door on other Peoples vehicles as is not my right to Damage others Property.

Unless they did it first & were not Sorry about it

you need to use less capital letters! :
Stattic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2009, 07:30 PM   #135
macman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just this Wednesday gone - walked towards my car after work, two nice fresh, flakey scrapes in the TE's rear bumper.
macman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2009, 07:46 PM   #136
OvaKil
ANARCHY

That sucks

Old 16-01-2009, 09:17 PM   #137
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapper
well in your post you said

'me old man then spent th next fortnight threatening bodily harm to the 13 yr old to the point he was a nervous wreck'

sounds a bit different to a 'conversation' about smacking his backside!

So which one was it? A conversation or threatening the young bloke for 2 weeks till he was a nervous wreck? Seems like a big difference to me!
OK, you caught me, I slightly exaggerated..........
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2009, 09:33 PM   #138
Buddy 1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stattic
you need to use less capital letters! :
Oh Sorry, Here I was thinking I was one of the few who Bothered to Punctuate Sentances PROPERLY! :

or

oh sorry here i was thinking i was one of the few who bothered to punctuate sentances properly

mmm Which one Looks Right?

Really, "Mumble Groan Mumble"
Old 16-01-2009, 10:54 PM   #139
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

you spelt Sentences wrong !
Old 16-01-2009, 11:59 PM   #140
Bazil

My worst carpark experience would have been some 15 years ago and unfortunately I was, accidentally, the culprit.
I had taken one of my boys to footy, driving an old troopy from work, and when we got there parked in the only space left. As I went to get out my fingers slipped on the door handle and a sudden gust of wind flung the door open wacking the car next to me. It put quite a "ding" in the passenger door of a very nice HO---------replica.
I was devastated! The owner who was sitting in the car came round to have a look, with me appologising profusely and offering to pay to have it fixed, and he wouldn't have a bar of it. He just said "do'nt worry about it, the cars going in for a paint job next week". He would not accept any money for it.
He still has this car today and I often see him at the footy and around Kalamunda. He can't remember the incident but let me buy him a beer anyway.
I still recall this incident every time I park the GTP at a shopping centre.
Bazil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2009, 02:17 AM   #141
XY GS

I was waiting at the supermarket in my 68 XT ute and some guy came boaring into the park beside me in an old Landcruiser. Even though it was just the work ute, I just about had a heart attack. Anyway, he ended up parked just over my side of the line. He waited while his wife ran in, and she came back with a slab of beer. While she opened the back door, she decided to practically drop it on my bonnet/front quarter. I just glared at her, since it's pretty rough, but later realised she left a noticable dent on the edge of the quarter panel. I'd never thought not taking the XY would be such a relief!
XY GS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2009, 07:00 AM   #142
Buddy 1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman_75
you spelt Sentences wrong !
Never said I could Spell!

Though Compared to many Others om Here I Do OK

And you use so many Dots within a Sentence after a space so we are not all Perfect are we?

Here is an Example of yours below:

was not a personal thing rich take from poor ,always have always will .his country may be in top form but the worlds far from it .billionaires everywhere but many more broke .still love some of his cars but

Last edited by Buddy 1; 17-01-2009 at 07:09 AM.
Old 17-01-2009, 08:51 AM   #143
xpvanman

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
I agree. I have seen some cars get keyed just for doing this alone especially in a busy shopping centre car park.

I reckon if you wanna reduce the risk of any damage, dont park in those shopping centre carparks and park down some side street instead.
I tried to do that once by not parking in a busy carpark,I parked about 400 metres from the nearest car in a side street,but it attracted a learner driver school car teaching his pupil how to reverse park - one RH guard got crushed in the process!

A few people across the road saw it happen & told me it was a white ....driving school car.I rang the company & they said that their teachers are subcontractors(they have 15 & all the cars are white) & use their own cars - I wish the people had taken the rego number instead!
xpvanman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2009, 08:56 AM   #144
Macca23
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Angry

While we are on the subject of no respect.

The wife and I went down to kmart yesterday arvo, grabbed a few things. On the way out these "foreigners" we in front of us stopping in the middle of the pathway blocking everyone. Making all walk onto the road around them.

They were setting the scene here!

Anyway on the way to car still following these "foreigners". They happen to park next to me. (I had a gut feeling) walk around the side as he opens the car dor into the side of the xr :

I had a few words as you could imagine (So did my wife), he just said oh sorry must of been my kid (kids lucky to be 1yr old). His outlander was already trashed too no surprise.

I so wanted to snap him, and ram the trolly into the side of his car, and say Oh SORRY! :togo:
SO now I have a nasty scratch up near my door handel!

What can you do in these situations though?
Looks all too comon after a browse in this thread!
Macca23 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2009, 09:04 AM   #145
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Just the other day I was parked in the parents with prams bay. I came out to find some stupid P plate commodore had parked so close to my car I could not get in my drivers door, I could open it about 2". They were parked on that bad of an angle. Their rear wheel was 6-8" into my bay. I am thankful it was me leaving first, I had to manouvre around this bloody pile of rubbish, but I suspect had it been her (pink interior) my car would have had some damage.

Oh BTW no damage cause if there was a passenger they were not getting out their side.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2009, 09:28 AM   #146
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with sound technical advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has helped a number of AFF members with their cars, particularly with EEC tuning 

I was parked at a servo 2 weeks back, a mate sitting in my car and this car parks beside, getting out slams the door into my car, my mate gets out and goes oi you smack the door into the car, i walk out seeing it, checked the damage and no dint but a mark in the paint, I said dont worry about knowing that door is the wrong colour and im getting it resprayed, he arks up and goes it wasn't from my car anyway, the mark was already there, i replied getting really pee'd off "cut the crap, you did it, i said dont worry about it now F off" at which he quickly jumped in car and left.

this really annoyed me, i mean why get narky at me, he's the one who damaged my car.
Old 17-01-2009, 10:11 AM   #147
4vxc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

about 3 years ago had to park my 351 XC at a Coles car park so I stayed in the car while the wife goes in and a crappy HQ Statesman backs in too close to me looks across at me and throws the door open hard straight in to my passenger door. I had the passenger window down and yelled at him, jumped straight out and ran around to the other side of the car where he was. He crapped himself but didn't apologise I was absolutely furious and put the boot into his door right in front of him. He ran off to the bottle shop and didn't return before I left.
Had the left side and turret of the car resprayed last year and unfortunately had to quickly dash into a pet shop on the way home, its a large car park and was nearly empty but I kept well clear of every one else. Was in the shop for a couple of minutes, came out and couldn't believe my eyes there was a jap car parked next to me with its door resting on my fresh paint while the driver was having a smoke with one foot up on the dash. I walked up staring at him and when I got close he freaked out and quickly shut his door but he forgot to lock it. I opened his door and the driver (Indian) put his hands up as to surrender, dropped his smoke and said "sorry sir did I do something wrong" I restrained my self from smashing his door and didn't bother to get his details as I was too peeved off but these people really annoy me.

Last edited by 4vxc; 17-01-2009 at 10:16 AM.
4vxc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2009, 10:00 PM   #148
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy 1
Never said I could Spell!

Though Compared to many Others om Here I Do OK

And you use so many Dots within a Sentence after a space so we are not all Perfect are we?

Here is an Example of yours below:

was not a personal thing rich take from poor ,always have always will .his country may be in top form but the worlds far from it .billionaires everywhere but many more broke .still love some of his cars but
i was joking ,but anyways .lucky i got spellcheck. yes i do use lots a dots .dont know how to punctuate .so all good

: :
Old 21-01-2009, 10:06 PM   #149
Coogs289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

GOOD CALL (about if their was a dent on the baby) and you made my day when i read your story. I was parked at crown on the weekend and some low life put a huge scratch down the side with his keys... :(
Old 22-01-2009, 11:04 AM   #150
TZENU
XY Driv3r

I had the occasional scrapes and dings from unknown people and never caught them red handed... Most of you guys are lucky to have seen the person responsible for the damage...

One way to really make you stress is to park your car, walk about 50 metres away and then watch as people park next to you...