Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > The Sales Yard > Spare Parts and Other Accessory Items > Genuine Ford Parts

Genuine Ford Parts A forum for the purchase of genuine Ford parts via an AFF member.

Old 19-03-2024, 10:39 PM   #1
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Default Re: Genuine Ford Parts

Hi Legend, how have you been?.

just wondering if you can tell me what this item is suitable for as the listing says Fg Fgx - Sx Sy Sz Ambient Air Temperature Sensor. Part number - 8R2Z12A647 AA

Many Thanks
mad2 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2024, 11:04 PM   #2
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad2 View Post
Hi Legend, how have you been?.

just wondering if you can tell me what this item is suitable for as the listing says Fg Fgx - Sx Sy Sz Ambient Air Temperature Sensor. Part number - 8R2Z12A647 AA

Many Thanks
Hi mate, busy as all ways.

That part is the little ambient ait temp sensor that sits in the passenger underside mirror of FG to FGX Falcon and SY to SZ2 Territory.

Is that the answer you were looking for?

GT
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2024, 05:09 PM   #3
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Hi mate, busy as all ways.

That part is the little ambient ait temp sensor that sits in the passenger underside mirror of FG to FGX Falcon and SY to SZ2 Territory.

Is that the answer you were looking for?

GT

Yes thank you GT. dunno why the seller put the SX bit in?. there was a previous question re BA/BF memory mirrors assemblies and i presume they are no longer available ?.

keep looking after yourself.

cheers

[thanks again for your time]

Ps. found another seller [ebay] claiming fits BA/BF/FG/SY/SZ!. same part number too.
Old 21-03-2024, 08:53 AM   #4
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gtlegend, any luck with a FG/FGX driver's window?
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2024, 12:36 PM   #5
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Martin View Post
Gtlegend, any luck with a FG/FGX driver's window?
Obsolete and long gone unfortunately..
Old 23-03-2024, 08:03 PM   #6
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Evening Legend

just wondering if this item is from an FG ute.

thanks
[again]
Old 24-03-2024, 12:17 AM   #7
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad2 View Post
Evening Legend

just wondering if this item is from an FG ute.

thanks
[again]
Based on that tag, it should be the below:

UTILITY HOUSING - REAR AXLE, WITH M86 SERIES AXLE, TAG ID:8R29/G*, TAG ID:8R29/H*, TAG ID:8R29/J*, TAG ID:8R29/K*, TAG ID:8R29/L*, TAG ID:8R29/M*, TAG ID:8R29/N*, TAG ID:8R29/S* (2.73, REAR AXLE LESS LIMITED SLIP DIFF, 4 WHEEL ANTI-LOCK BRAKING SYSTEM OR REAR AXLE LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL, LESS ANTI-LOCK BRAKING SYSTEM OR 3.73)
Old 24-03-2024, 12:05 PM   #8
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Quote:
Based on that tag, it should be the below:

UTILITY HOUSING - REAR AXLE, WITH M86 SERIES AXLE, TAG ID:8R29/G*, TAG ID:8R29/H*, TAG ID:8R29/J*, TAG ID:8R29/K*, TAG ID:8R29/L*, TAG ID:8R29/M*, TAG ID:8R29/N*, TAG ID:8R29/S* (2.73, REAR AXLE LESS LIMITED SLIP DIFF, 4 WHEEL ANTI-LOCK BRAKING SYSTEM OR REAR AXLE LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL, LESS ANTI-LOCK BRAKING SYSTEM OR 3.73)

thanks, but is it from an FG tho?.
Old 30-03-2024, 09:23 PM   #9
bondy99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hello GTLEGEND.

Could you be able to help me out on the part number and if they are still available.

I'm seeking the air conditioning solenoid vacuum pack or vacuum solenoid for the AU2. 6 cylinder year 2000 car. Not Climate Control.

Thanks
bondy99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2024, 11:10 PM   #10
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondy99 View Post
Hello GTLEGEND.

Could you be able to help me out on the part number and if they are still available.

I'm seeking the air conditioning solenoid vacuum pack or vacuum solenoid for the AU2. 6 cylinder year 2000 car. Not Climate Control.

Thanks
Are your referring to the heater box end or the dash control end?
Old 31-03-2024, 09:03 AM   #11
bondy99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good question.

I'm not certain. I was not aware there are two areas.
Old 31-03-2024, 09:49 AM   #12
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondy99 View Post
Good question.

I'm not certain. I was not aware there are two areas.
To help below are images of both end, see which part you are referring to?

AU Heater Box.png

AU AC Controls.png
2 users like this post:
Old 31-03-2024, 08:49 PM   #13
bondy99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
To help below are images of both end, see which part you are referring to?

Attachment 107130

Attachment 107131
Thanks GT,

This helps, I'll be in touch as soon as I can work out which one.
This user likes this post:
Old 31-03-2024, 02:41 PM   #14
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah I thought BF got the stainless rail, Territory had it standard from release I believe.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2024, 12:40 PM   #15
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Gday gt, wondering if can help out? My uncle has an sz diesel territory. Not sure what year but definitely sz and not szii.

He's just had it towed back ftom interstate with a "broken" diff. Not sure what the actual issue is, but the dealer says a new one from Ford is worth $6k. Given my uncle has just traded the car in on a new everest, he's not keen to spend that money on a car that he's not going to be the owner of for much longer.

So, are Ford diffs still available? Does $6k sound reasonable? Any suggestions of alternatives to a new one, ie reconditioned and idea on cost?

Appreciate any assistance you can offer.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2024, 10:27 PM   #16
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Gday gt, wondering if can help out? My uncle has an sz diesel territory. Not sure what year but definitely sz and not szii.

He's just had it towed back ftom interstate with a "broken" diff. Not sure what the actual issue is, but the dealer says a new one from Ford is worth $6k. Given my uncle has just traded the car in on a new everest, he's not keen to spend that money on a car that he's not going to be the owner of for much longer.

So, are Ford diffs still available? Does $6k sound reasonable? Any suggestions of alternatives to a new one, ie reconditioned and idea on cost?

Appreciate any assistance you can offer.
Hi mate,

First of all, need a lot more informtion to give you a more accurate response.

I assume you are talking rear diff. Is it RWD or AWD?

Yes they are around $6000 for the whole assembly, how ever need more specifics to get accurate price.

You will also need to work out what they mean by "broken" such a braod term. If you can find out exactly whats wrong, you may be able to have it rebuilt with just new components.

If you can find all that out, we can try and get the best option for you.

GT
2 users like this post:
Old 08-04-2024, 11:20 PM   #17
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Hi mate,

First of all, need a lot more informtion to give you a more accurate response.

I assume you are talking rear diff. Is it RWD or AWD?

Yes they are around $6000 for the whole assembly, how ever need more specifics to get accurate price.

You will also need to work out what they mean by "broken" such a braod term. If you can find out exactly whats wrong, you may be able to have it rebuilt with just new components.

If you can find all that out, we can try and get the best option for you.

GT
Thanks, GT. Yes, I appreciate the description was rather vague, but that was all the uncle had. He tends to be one of those that just gets the higher level detail and allows the dealer to run with it. I'll see if he has, or can get, some more info, but I suspect he'll just say to leave it and allow the dealer to run with it.

And, yes, you assumed correctly. Rear diff and rwd. At least the $6k sounds about right.

Thanks for the info.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 09-04-2024, 10:45 AM   #18
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

As suspected, uncle is comfortable to allow the dealer to work through the options.

Thanks for the info, GT.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 09-04-2024, 12:23 PM   #19
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
As suspected, uncle is comfortable to allow the dealer to work through the options.

Thanks for the info, GT.
No worries, with better confirmation of RHD rear diff, I am able to source a brand new diff for $5400 plus freight if need be.

Please compare that to the quote he gets, it may save him a few hundred dollars..

But up to him I guess.

Where is he located and what dealer?
Old 09-04-2024, 12:56 PM   #20
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
No worries, with better confirmation of RHD rear diff, I am able to source a brand new diff for $5400 plus freight if need be.

Please compare that to the quote he gets, it may save him a few hundred dollars..

But up to him I guess.

Where is he located and what dealer?
PM sent

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 15-04-2024, 05:46 PM   #21
KRISL

hi GT, i hope you can shed some serious light on this. or someone that fitted these at the assembly line.
i thought the fg fg2 and fgx all have the same shape front upper A arms, maybe some different part numbers because of changes in the manufacturing?
here are two examples with massive price differences, im told one is for my car and one is not, the more expencive one is on V8s and 4L LPG cars and utes

regards
kris

https://www.ebay.com/itm/22352392720...69RsMEu5GKBvKS

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/22300990...ESVLioI7pdCpoO

Current 2009 FG GTP
Sold
2003 boss 260 xr8 daily driver
1991 eb1 xr8 once a year driver, factory cassette player
KRISL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2024, 10:36 PM   #22
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRISL View Post
hi GT, i hope you can shed some serious light on this. or someone that fitted these at the assembly line.
i thought the fg fg2 and fgx all have the same shape front upper A arms, maybe some different part numbers because of changes in the manufacturing?
here are two examples with massive price differences, im told one is for my car and one is not, the more expencive one is on V8s and 4L LPG cars and utes

regards
kris

https://www.ebay.com/itm/22352392720...69RsMEu5GKBvKS

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/22300990...ESVLioI7pdCpoO
Hi Kris,

From what I understand the difference is in relation to the bracketry that mount to the shock tower. They are different pending on model in relation to castor/camber positions.

GT
Old 16-04-2024, 05:14 AM   #23
KRISL

Quote:
Hi Kris,

From what I understand the difference is in relation to the bracketry that mount to the shock tower. They are different pending on model in relation to castor/camber positions.

GT
Thanks, that's good to know, mine as after market mounts with the captured bolts coming from the engine bay side, and nuts in wheel arch side, to make wheel alignment easier,
People Just need to know to tighten the rubber bush bolts whith arm at ride height angle (with the factory style bushes)
Cheers

Current 2009 FG GTP
Sold
2003 boss 260 xr8 daily driver
1991 eb1 xr8 once a year driver, factory cassette player
KRISL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2024, 09:59 PM   #24
milesinfront.com

Part request: FG V8 Intake Elbow - Rubber coupler that goes between the airbox and the throttle body. (plus clamps please)

Cheers!
milesinfront.com is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2024, 10:09 PM   #25
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by milesinfront.com View Post
Part request: FG V8 Intake Elbow - Rubber coupler that goes between the airbox and the throttle body. (plus clamps please)

Cheers!
FG V8 - FG has 5.4 and 5.0 V8's.

Which engine are you referring to?
Old 25-04-2024, 10:31 PM   #26
milesinfront.com

Can you tell from this photo?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...URwK4vP8Y&s=10

Sorry for being so vague...
Old 25-04-2024, 10:42 PM   #27
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Can you tell from this photo?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...URwK4vP8Y&s=10

Sorry for being so vague...
Yes 5.4L. Is yours an XR or FPV GT/GTP etc as the ducting is different as shown in the below image. Which parts are you referring to exactly?

FG 5.4 Air Cleaner & Parts.png
Old 25-04-2024, 10:46 PM   #28
milesinfront.com

9B697 and the 2 clamps please.
Old 26-04-2024, 08:04 PM   #29
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
9B697 and the 2 clamps please.
Unfortunately both parts are obsolete and none I could find anywhere.

Maybe put a note out on a relavent FB page etc.
Old 01-05-2024, 10:44 PM   #30
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Evening Legend

just wondering what you could tell me re diff sticker pic?.

Thanks