Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 27-07-2021, 01:43 PM   #12871
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Hey nstg8a, seems there might be more to the CDC PCR testing story than what you've posted:

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/07/sc...d-19-pcr-test/

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
3 users like this post:
Old 27-07-2021, 02:13 PM   #12872
xkxlxm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think there would be more than a few right-wingers among the protesters.
Old 27-07-2021, 02:35 PM   #12873
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57
it is the same people who were protesting in the 60's, they just bought along their grand-kids
Just millennials you reckon though
This user likes this post:
Old 27-07-2021, 02:37 PM   #12874
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Hey nstg8a, seems there might be more to the CDC PCR testing story than what you've posted:

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/07/sc...d-19-pcr-test/
Typical of what gets tweeted and posted by people who do not understand what they are tweeting.

There is a huge difference between "cannot tell the difference between Covid and Flu" and "Only tests for Covid and not Flu"

The reason I love fact checking sites like this and ones like Snopes.

Old 27-07-2021, 03:22 PM   #12875
shedcoupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Old hippies that failed science at skool that have morphed into wellness wonkers with NFI.
Old 27-07-2021, 03:27 PM   #12876
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
it is the same people who were protesting in the 60's, they just bought along their grand-kids
Sky news subscribers

Well, I'm subscribed through Foxtel. Have been switching over to sky news on and off the last few weeks, just to get a taste of what the "other side" is fed. Gees....they almost made me want to join the protest...they won't say they support it, but their language is definitely egging it on.

So the protest turned out to be a world wide event. Many other countries had similar protests, but I think theirs was mainly targeted at vaccines, whereas ours was more towards restrictions?

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.

Last edited by T3rminator; 27-07-2021 at 03:52 PM.
Old 27-07-2021, 03:54 PM   #12877
shedcoupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

While watching the rabble of rowdy rebels cover themselves in glory it struck me that they might share a common brain cell.
None had the appearance of rocket scientists.
More like spaniel owners who struggle to remember whether it’s shoes first then pants or the other way around.
Old 27-07-2021, 04:19 PM   #12878
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Well, I'm subscribed through Foxtel. Have been switching over to sky news on and off the last few weeks, just to get a taste of what the "other side" is fed. Gees....they almost made me want to join the protest...they won't say they support it, but their language is definitely egging it on.
Truthfully, I have been watching SkyNews Headlines in the morning, I can't stand mainstream media rubbish, and the ABC has gone that far left even I cant see them anymore

I tend to watch SBS World News at 6.30 pm, it gives a bit of world perspective to it all and no left or right BS
3 users like this post:
Old 27-07-2021, 04:22 PM   #12879
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
So the protest turned out to be a world wide event. Many other countries had similar protests, but I think theirs was mainly targeted at vaccines, whereas ours was more towards restrictions?
I have been saying that there is a bigger group behind them, they are pretty extreme, I hear that they were behind the BLM protests here and in the USA and the Capitol Riots in the USA, extreme right, antisemitic and al that stuff, here is a post from one of them, an Aussie, he posts on the same American site I do, he is so anti-Australian it is sin't funny, some love him over there, many have him blocked so that can't see his dribble, he has me blocked so he can't read where I rip into him, one of his mates posts on here, I will let him identify himself.

This is their logic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Launch
Yes.. The billionaire globalist j.e.w.s that own big pharma and politicians.
I think 60 minutes or 4 Corners did a bit of an expose on one of them and his relationship with Scotty from Marketing

Last edited by Trevor 57; 27-07-2021 at 04:30 PM.
Old 27-07-2021, 09:12 PM   #12880
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some additional info on cost of testing so far. More than half a billion smackaroos in one state alone, charged to medicare.

Also news just out that rapid testing will be introduced to schools in NSW. How does one feel sending your kids to school knowing that this variant doesn't discriminate against age, that long covid could have a severe impact on the brain development, and that the rapid testing kit could have a false negative rate of up to 40%?

https://www.theage.com.au/national/n...26-p58d1b.html

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

Old 28-07-2021, 04:48 AM   #12881
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Sydney lockdown set to be extended by four weeks

https://www.9news.com.au/national/co...r-weeks_270721

Quote:
Sydney's lockdown will be extended by four more weeks as the city struggles to control its coronavirus outbreak.

It's understood NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian will announce the extension on Wednesday..........

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 28-07-2021, 07:15 AM   #12882
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351 View Post
Sydney lockdown set to be extended by four weeks

https://www.9news.com.au/national/co...r-weeks_270721
Cant see it any other way until that trend comes right off.

Wonder what would happen it it flat lines for a couple of months?....
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 28-07-2021, 07:36 AM   #12883
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

The big question is whether the GSS heads will state a clear and attainable goal at the same time!

I don’t see how they can reconcile that extension with the rumoured parallel announcement of resuming construction upon un-occupied sites. It’s almost a dead certainty to drive the “cafés and chicken shops” back up the hotlist.

Also, has anyone in Sydney seen evidence of how the differing LGA constraints are being enforced other than by complete random events? I’ve passed a few police cars in my comings and goings the last couple of days, ANPR would show me a good way from home per the registered address. Not a skerrick of interest.

With respect to human movement, too, I can’t say whether it’s just the people we know or a reflection on human nature generally - but the number of friends who have been totally ready to ignore the restrictions and pop over for “caring and compassionate reasons” to paraphrase the government’s description, has been unsettlingly high. I feel bad rebutting these offers but having spent two days in the thick of one of Sydney’s largest hospitals, the risk of me giving them critters is just too high.

Aside from that, I’m pleased other parts of the country have some freedom restored.
5 users like this post:
Old 28-07-2021, 07:41 AM   #12884
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interesting this morning, they are saying that the number of infections are down in England since coming out of any restrictions, HOWEVER yesterday they recorded their highest amount of daily COVID deaths - hmmmmmm

Also, it appears that the NSW Government is the only ones who think a looooong drawn out Clyatons shut-down is the way to go - other than them I can't seem to find anyone who thinks a long Claytons shut-down is a good idea
Old 28-07-2021, 08:10 AM   #12885
xkxlxm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

NSW appears to have been too late in starting the lock down, unable and unwilling to go hard-go early simply due to politics. Too much pride to do what Victoria did last year, simply because NSW is a Liberal state toeing the line that comes from Canberra.

The politicisation of covid has not done us any favours. It was an opportunity for our so-called leaders to show that they could rise above politics and lead for the good of the whole country - which would have had a massive political pay-back for them anyway.

In the US, if Trump had a brain and had made an effort - of any kind - to tackle covid, I wonder if he might have been re-elected.
6 users like this post:
Old 28-07-2021, 08:22 AM   #12886
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

15000 to 19000 truckies entering Vic daily, mostly from nsw, can't meet the testing requirements cos not enough capacity and testing sites not built for large trucks.
Just a matter of time if they don't fix this quick smart.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...27-p58dcx.html

Rides (past and present)

Last edited by T3rminator; 28-07-2021 at 08:47 AM.
Old 28-07-2021, 08:28 AM   #12887
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hahahahaha, I know Peter Anderson of the VTA and that picture is NOT Peter Anderson, another sign of shoody journalism, a quick Google would have given them the right picture

https://vta.com.au/secretariat/
Old 28-07-2021, 08:31 AM   #12888
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

But it is a concern, Dan has banned furniture removalists from coming, but what about all the other trucks. I actually thought that at the time, but didn't give it a 2nd thought.
Old 28-07-2021, 08:33 AM   #12889
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkxlxm View Post
NSW appears to have been too late in starting the lock down, unable and unwilling to go hard-go early simply due to politics. Too much pride to do what Victoria did last year, simply because NSW is a Liberal state toeing the line that comes from Canberra.

The politicisation of covid has not done us any favours. It was an opportunity for our so-called leaders to show that they could rise above politics and lead for the good of the whole country - which would have had a massive political pay-back for them anyway.

In the US, if Trump had a brain and had made an effort - of any kind - to tackle covid, I wonder if he might have been re-elected.
Yes, I thought if ever there was a time to bring the country together, Covid would. That certainly didn't happen............I shouldn't be surprised. It is politicians we are talking about after all.............
6 users like this post:
Old 28-07-2021, 08:36 AM   #12890
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

So if I want to visit Victoria from NSW as I please, I basically just need an HC or HR licence and a truck?
3 users like this post:
Old 28-07-2021, 08:40 AM   #12891
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It would appear so
Old 28-07-2021, 08:46 AM   #12892
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
So if I want to visit Victoria from NSW as I please, I basically just need an HC or HR licence and a truck?
Think you still need a permit, and supposed to do the "test every 3 days", and also agree to a whole heap of other requirements. https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/sites/de...28No-22%29.pdf
If they are getting through it means the checkpoint charlies are letting them through? Where is RoKwiz?

The other problem is that NSW pathology centres aren't coping. Test swabs are being sent interstate for analysis, and some are taking up to 4 days to get their results. So the numbers you see today aren't even reflective of the actual situation. So how do we expect truckies to do a test every 3 days, but potentially not get a result for a couple of days? And more generally, how are they managing contact tracing and isolation with such a delay? Unless a solution is found quick, could spiral out of control very quickly.

Covid tests being flown interstate for diagnosis as Sydney is swamped
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rge-in-numbers

Rides (past and present)

Old 28-07-2021, 08:55 AM   #12893
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Ya can lend mine?....oops it's a photo licence eh!.....how fugly are you

Cheers Willy
Old 28-07-2021, 09:44 AM   #12894
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Thats a pretty epic Uber call....perhaps a niche for tourism?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 28-07-2021, 10:18 AM   #12895
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkxlxm View Post

It's been said before but nsw locked down harder and faster than Victoria did last year.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
Old 28-07-2021, 10:20 AM   #12896
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

and that is a bench mark is it - so having all the deaths so far is OK coz they did it 'harder and faster than Victoria last year' - is that the best you have got?

Bit broken record'ish
Old 28-07-2021, 10:39 AM   #12897
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Martin View Post
It's been said before but nsw locked down harder and faster than Victoria did last year.
Did they lockdown as fast as SA did late last year or last week?
3 users like this post:
Old 28-07-2021, 11:09 AM   #12898
slowsnake
Banned

QLD did it better, "Beautiful one day, Covid-19 the next"...lol

Cheers Willy
Old 28-07-2021, 12:03 PM   #12899
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

177 cases in NSW just announced.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Old 28-07-2021, 12:14 PM   #12900
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
177 cases in NSW just announced.
And, tragically, another death, bringing the total to 11 (for NSW) from this current outbreak.

Condolences to all family members of those who have died. My thoughts are also with those who are in hospital with Covid, too.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Closed Thread