Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 24-07-2021, 09:52 AM   #12691
Metdevil

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
BTW, has NZ had ANY hotel leaks?
Can't think off the top of my head how many, but there were two notable instances.
One person sneaked out to go across the road to a supermarket, I think in the end he got sentenced to six months jail time
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...nd-supermarket

There was also an Australian family who left to go to a funeral. The mother got two weeks jail time.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/cri...dy-of-kids-dad
2 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2021, 09:54 AM   #12692
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Anyone found out what this National Emergency means for the rest of the country yet?
.....it's a cry for help from NSW to the rest of the country, and that cry is please send Pfizer.

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
2 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2021, 10:00 AM   #12693
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Returning citizens to Australia is well above 10x the amount of citizens who have returned to NZ.
So you can't really compare the two.
Maybe you could compare NZ to QLD.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
3 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2021, 10:56 AM   #12694
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

What the hell is going on???

https://covidlive.com.au/

Today 24/7/21:

Yesterday 23/7/21:

21st July/21:

How are the totally vaccinated numbers going down??

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
This user likes this post:
Old 24-07-2021, 11:03 AM   #12695
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
"You people"...???

Cheers Billy
If the cap fits wear it
Old 24-07-2021, 11:06 AM   #12696
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Am I wrong, but does it seem that the 30 to 40 year olds are the super spreaders
Old 24-07-2021, 11:14 AM   #12697
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post

https://covidlive.com.au/

Today 24/7/21:

Yesterday 23/7/21:

21st July/21:

youll have to redirect all of gladbags redirected phiser to Vic now

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
Old 24-07-2021, 11:15 AM   #12698
prydey
Rob

https://www.news.com.au/world/corona...e4f2d2e167090d

Interesting article. Reading the comments would suggest there is a reasonable element of truth to it and its no wonder there appears to be high non compliance.
Old 24-07-2021, 11:15 AM   #12699
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
Am I wrong, but does it seem that the 30 to 40 year olds are the super spreaders
Yes, and also, the main spreaders are the ones allowed to leave home to go to work for essential reasons.

Last night I watched a clip about a chap that went to Bankstown hospital quite ill only to be tested positive and turned away to go home and recover with his GF and his elderly mum.

He did that till he got worse and called an ambulance to be taken to Liverpool hospital for treatment.

GF tests positive, mum tests negative.

10pm news last night - 2 nurses test positive at Bankstown Hospital.

Huge protest planned for the Sydney CBD today at noon. Interesting to see what happens.

Old 24-07-2021, 11:19 AM   #12700
Metdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post

It changed from counting only 16+ to everyone. More total people = lower vaccinated percentage.
Maybe it's been approved for some people <16 now?
2 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2021, 11:25 AM   #12701
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metdevil View Post
It changed from counting only 16+ to everyone. More total people = lower vaccinated percentage.
Maybe it's been approved for some people <16 now?
Ahh yes,

Well pointed out.

Old 24-07-2021, 12:37 PM   #12702
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Why aren't people getting stuck into the Premier of NSW for her lack of containment? You rip into the Victorian Premier but not the NSW
The art of gaslighting on full display. Where is all the focus? Not on their botched response. Yesterday's announcement now have fellow citizens questioning each other's motives. Now attacking and blaming other premiers. Bravo. Brilliant. Its always everyone else's fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post

Interesting article. Reading the comments would suggest there is a reasonable element of truth to it and its no wonder there appears to be high non compliance.
It is this kind of thinking that doesn't really help invite other compatriots to want to do the heavy lifting and make sacrifices on their behalf. I'm sure a majority don't hold the same view, well, not from the colleagues I have dealt with living in that area.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
2 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2021, 12:49 PM   #12703
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:

Language barriers, give me a break, language barriers never stopped them from signing up to welfare or any other 'entitlements' but apparently they don't understand 'you can't'.
Old 24-07-2021, 01:02 PM   #12704
prydey
Rob

Quote:
I'm sure a majority don't hold the same view, well, not from the colleagues I have dealt with living in that area.
Yes, I'm sure it's a massive generalisation and perhaps even a minority however i was a bit surprised that this thinking actually exists and has support.

This is a virus. You can't win by defying logic. It spreads by people moving about. Stop moving about and the spread stops.
Old 24-07-2021, 01:06 PM   #12705
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think there is a fair amount of '**** you' from certain members of the NSW community
2 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2021, 01:15 PM   #12706
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT July 23rd 2021.

Note
: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

162 new cases for Australia and 1 death so the CMR is 2.811%.

20 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.911%.

The UK had a lower 35,654 cases yesterday and lower 64 deaths for a CMR of 2.289%.

A higher 65,634 new cases in the USA yesterday and lower 409 deaths sees CMR at 1.778%.

Other notable points:
Asia passes 60M cases;

Algeria (1,350);
Kazakhstan (6,119);
Vietnam
(7,307);
Cuba (7,784);
Malaysia (15,573); and
Thailand (14,475)

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Costa Rica moves above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 24-07-2021 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Amended Oceania
Old 24-07-2021, 01:42 PM   #12707
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

I'm watching the United Kingdom closely to try and establish what their current non-lockdown CMR is like. The first set of data which is cases from 1/7-8/7 matched against deaths from 15/7-23/7 shows a CMR of 0.203% for that period which is not enough data to be definitive yet but which would lead us to conclude that:

- their average of 27,748 cases per day during that period resulted in ~56 deaths per day;

- their average cases per day since the 16/7 will result in ~75 deaths per day or 525 deaths in the next week or so.

Unfortunately, case numbers keep rising at the moment but if we work on the 15 day median of 40k cases per day that would equate to ~80 deaths per day or almost 30k annually.

Not for me to say whether that's an acceptable level although it is (at least) way better than the numbers based on their 2.3% CMR. It would equate to about 44 deaths per 100k of population compared to our current 3.5/100k so if we put that rate into Australian terms it would equate to ~11,500 deaths per annum.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 24-07-2021, 01:44 PM   #12708
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Stop moving about and the spread stops.
Fairly straight forward really isnt it and has worked for every other state.

Problem is Rob, its blatantly obvious that the message from the top hasn't been firm enough due to their stance on other states handling of their own outbreaks.
Its impossible to make the hard call now without looking like hypocrites which would undermine their positions in the eyes of the voting public, so rather than save the citizens of NSW from ongoing economic anguish via the same short, sharp full lockdowns we're experiencing and dealing with, they'd rather save their own political **** and drag it out hoping for a miracle so they can see, see, we did it.
Unfortunately due to the months of finger pointing at other states and the GSS propaganda, many people think Glady's way is the right way and have run with it no matter the cost.
Now they want the rest of the country to hand over their Pfizer so they can again attempt to dig their way out without taking the hard line.
2 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2021, 01:45 PM   #12709
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would target restrictions based on who hasnt vaccinated or who hasnt registered. We have those records now. The people most likely to spread it, should be the ones most impacted.

There are a few defining moments in human history/progress ... industrial revolution is one, the invention of the vaccine is another. If you want to opt out of the latter, you should lose some of the privileges that go with being a member of society. IMO, if you dont have a valid medical reason not to vaccinate, you should probably also be ejected from Medicare. We wont collect a medicare levy from you anymore, but you're on your own as far as healthcare is concerned. You cant have your cake and eat it too.

It might seem heavy-handed, but honestly, vaccination is a social responsibility probably even more so than paying tax, and we jail people for avoiding the latter....
Old 24-07-2021, 02:08 PM   #12710
DoubleTrouble

Quote:
I am no going to respond to any one person in this post but just a general comment

What does CCP, roads and ports have to do with COVID?

What aren't people as critical of the Labor Premier of W.A. or the Liberal Premier of Tasmania? or the Liberal Premier of S.A. - they have shut the borders tighter than fishes ****s?

Why aren't people getting stuck into the Premier of NSW for her lack of containment? You rip into the Victorian Premier but not the NSW

Why aren't people ripping into the Prime Minister for leading (again) an abysmal response?

You people are sounding like the masses who did the full hatchet job on Julia Gillard (which BTW still continues to day) - this is about the COVID

Grow up
I think you are carrying a chip on your shoulder as I have seen plenty of posts condemning other premiers and our beloved Scomo in this topic.
Same can be said to you with the comment of "grow Up" after reading some of your responses in this topic.
You have to remember everyone can see things differently contrary to your views.
5 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2021, 02:24 PM   #12711
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Fairly straight forward really isnt it and has worked for every other state.

Problem is Rob, its blatantly obvious that the message from the top hasn't been firm enough due to their stance on other states handling of their own outbreaks.
Its impossible to make the hard call now without looking like hypocrites which would undermine their positions in the eyes of the voting public, so rather than save the citizens of NSW from ongoing economic anguish via the same short, sharp full lockdowns we're experiencing and dealing with, they'd rather save their own political **** and drag it out hoping for a miracle so they can see, see, we did it.
Unfortunately due to the months of finger pointing at other states and the GSS propaganda, many people think Glady's way is the right way and have run with it no matter the cost.
Now they want the rest of the country to hand over their Pfizer so they can again attempt to dig their way out without taking the hard line.
QLD and WA have both faired very well without using statewide lockdowns. Both used localised lockdowns, admittedly still covering large areas, and have been pretty successful in keeping the virus suppressed. QLD especially given the high traffic they would see with nsw visitors given they share a border.

Sure, NSW seemed to use a more tolerant approach but I still think the message was don't go out unless you have to. I still put the lion share of the blame on the individuals. We're over 18months in and people are still blaming others for stuff that is just logical in a pandemic.
Old 24-07-2021, 02:37 PM   #12712
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTrouble View Post
I think you are carrying a chip on your shoulder as I have seen plenty of posts condemning other premiers and our beloved Scomo in this topic.
Same can be said to you with the comment of "grow Up" after reading some of your responses in this topic.
You have to remember everyone can see things differently contrary to your views.
trvr 57 cos done tafe cert iiiiv in ohs
Old 24-07-2021, 02:42 PM   #12713
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTrouble View Post
That will be enough of that. If my warning wasn't clear enough to you, then this is an example of what I was referring to. Last chance.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2021, 02:45 PM   #12714
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
QLD and WA have both faired very well without using statewide lockdowns. Both used localised lockdowns, admittedly still covering large areas, and have been pretty successful in keeping the virus suppressed. QLD especially given the high traffic they would see with nsw visitors given they share a border.

Sure, NSW seemed to use a more tolerant approach but I still think the message was don't go out unless you have to. I still put the lion share of the blame on the individuals. We're over 18months in and people are still blaming others for stuff that is just logical in a pandemic.
SE Queensland as you know is like a state in itself so not surprising that outbreaks occur in this densely populated area and are easily contained using the same geographic boundaries.
WA is similar in that the majority of its population are in the SW corner.
The results from these area's is not surprising.
Compared to Victoria where you have a huge population central in the state or our own situation where this outbreak came through our main link to the eastern states, the river land, a region from where travelers spread out in all directions as they pass through.
Its quite obvious why we have gone full state considering.

I was in Renmark on Monday and it was spot the SA number plate amongst the lines of cars and vans streaming in from Mildura.
It was actually quite confronting sitting in the main street of Renmark enjoying a coffee surrounded by interstate visitors as i read the warnings of avoiding the area.

NSW method of locking down suburbs or council area's is a joke, could you imagine Marion/holdfast bay councils in lockdown whilst the rest of metropolitan Adelaide went about their business, no one would believe one side of the road is safer than the opposite due to council boundaries.

People will be people, you'll never get 100% compliance, we dont here despite our success in suppressing the virus, but if the majority do the right thing and i think we do, then the few that dont we can cover.
Old 24-07-2021, 02:58 PM   #12715
prydey
Rob

Like most things in life, rules only affect the honest people. Tightening legislation, generally only affects those who are already compliant.

It would be interesting to know how much of the virus spread is being caused by non compliance, and how much is from those who are out and about for legitimate reasons.

Either way I do agree its a bit rich for NSW to demand other states sacrifice some of their Pfizer supplies, given every state is supply limited already and have just as much need to vaccinate their populations regardless of the number of cases.
Old 24-07-2021, 03:04 PM   #12716
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Either way I do agree its a bit rich for NSW to demand other states sacrifice some of their Pfizer supplies, given every state is supply limited already and have just as much need to vaccinate their populations regardless of the number of cases.
Every outbreak started with an imported case. So the risk is ultimately based on exposure to people from overseas, be they visitors, returning expats, or flight crews. The vaccine distribution should reflect the relative levels of exposure, and Syd/Melb certainly shoulder far more of that risk than anywhere else.
2 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2021, 03:15 PM   #12717
Mulva
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why does Gladys want our stock of vaccines? Someone tell her it's not a race!
Old 24-07-2021, 03:17 PM   #12718
lumen8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Melbourne today...

https://twitter.com/OzraeliAvi/statu...57264865828864

Sydney...

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1418760487827742720

Brisbane...

https://t.me/daveoneegschat/2377

Last edited by lumen8; 24-07-2021 at 03:23 PM.
Old 24-07-2021, 03:31 PM   #12719
Metdevil

Wow, lockdown protests in NZ were embarrassingly mild. NZers seem to be a lot more understanding of the situation, even the protesters split into two separate groups to ensure they didn't break the rule of social gatherings of more than 10 people

Old 24-07-2021, 03:32 PM   #12720
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
Every outbreak started with an imported case. So the risk is ultimately based on exposure to people from overseas, be they visitors, returning expats, or flight crews. The vaccine distribution should reflect the relative levels of exposure, and Syd/Melb certainly shoulder far more of that risk than anywhere else.
The federal vaccine allocation takes all that in to consideration already. Its not evenly divided up between the states, and every state has the right to vaccinate its population, esp considering there are existing cases in each state already.

As for how the virus outbreaks originate, I'm not sure that's entirely correct. Did the 81 yr old who started the outbreak in SA really bring the virus with him from Argentina? I'm not sure but I believe there is a good chance he actually caught it in a NSW hospital.
Closed Thread