Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 30-04-2015, 11:22 AM   #91
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Bali 9

Personally I am glad it's over with, the bleeding hearts will move on in a day or two (their attention span is not that long), to campaign for some other useless and unworthy cause. May be hold a minutes silence and light some candles for another drug dealer/stand over man/murderer or pedophile some where.

May be they should consider honouring our soldiers, police, fire fighters, ambos, and other emergence workers who put their life's on the line daily for the greater good of the community in general, rather than being concerned about what happens to filthy greedy drug king pins in a third world country

Pretty sure the media has already forgotten about it as today it's yesterdays news, they too will have to quickly find another useless cause, may be we can now go back to climate change, or the possible extinction of some rare obscured beetle no one has ever heard of somewhere in the Amazon jungle.

Do I feel sorry for them?? No I don't, not in the least bit, I do feel for the families, but there is little I can do about that, its not like the drug king pins ever considered their family.

Personally I do not advocate the death penalty but, 'When in Rome do as the Roman's do', ie the law of the land applies, and Australia has no right to interfere in another countries legal and judicial system however flawed it might be (by our standards/in our opinion).

Our system is far from perfect, but I do not expect other countries to tell us how to deal with our criminals.

Probably time to move on now.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2015, 12:42 PM   #92
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think most of the bleeding hearts moved on shortly after the boycott Bali campaign

It had loads of momentum for about 24 hours then petered out pretty quickly

I'm not a fan of corporal punishment but it is what it is and now its over

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-04-2015, 01:03 PM   #93
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

I don't think the media realizes they are glorifying the drug dealers with all this attention.

They have concentrated on the lawyers trying to get clemency from the death penalty and how sad it is to see these men go through such hard times, rather than the crime they committed and the potential damage it would have caused countless families and individuals. How about the hard times this drug would have caused them? It's a flamin circus if you ask me.

Now Im not for the death penalty, but they clearly knew the risk and dangers involved and chose to walk the plank in a foreign country. I feel sorry they had to die. But you do the crime, you do the time or in this case the death.

Imagine if they did get clemency and were able to return home? Can you imagine how much the media would have milked them for a story, just like Schapelle Corby for massive $$$? Makes me sick that people like this get rich this way.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 30-04-2015, 01:14 PM   #94
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner77 View Post
Sorry, but the normal abbreviation for human immunodeficiency virus seems to be refused by the Fordforums server. Hence ***.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opi...071623780.html
Thats because a little while ago everyone started calling HSV, *** for some reason
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-04-2015, 01:17 PM   #95
superyob
Banned

^^^
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2015, 01:48 PM   #96
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

is that for real??

I hope so! haha
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2015, 02:02 PM   #97
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

A genuine question here...

Shapelle got caught and got 20 something years that was reduced in the end.
These two get caught and get the death penalty.

Does anyone know the specifics of the two cases and why the two different sentences?
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2015, 02:13 PM   #98
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Weed/heroin?

Weed doesn't kill people so it would be pretty hard to kill someone over it. Having said that though the Bali 9 didn't put the needle in the junkies arms did they?
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Dash_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2015, 02:17 PM   #99
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Let me get this straight, an Indonesian chap kills 20 people, 4 of them Aussies and he is released mid last year with his sentence halved due to his good behaviour, yet 2 Australian drug smugglers, attempting to remove drugs from Indonesia are executed by firing squad despite obvious efforts to be rehabilitated.
Now i suppose you'll say drugs are a real problem in Indonesia and an example needed to be made.
Thats fine, but looking back over the last 15 years Terrorism has also been a real problem, so problematic that we direct millions of dollars in aid to help prevent radical Islam from taking over and so problematic that it has led to the loss of many lives including Aussies, yet somehow returning a terrorist to society is ok because Indonesia says so.

Does no one see the irony.

Its easy to play the drug smuggler card and draw support by thinking of the children, but the truth is, the drug dealers/addicts who would have aquired these drugs didnt kick the habit because the shipment didnt come in, they just got it elsewhere.
Nothing positive has been achieved by cable tying these people to a cross and shooting them in the heart.

No, this is not about 2 drug smugglers, it hasnt been about drugs for a while now.
Its about the President of a **** ant, back water country, sticking the finger up at Australia to make him self look bigger than his childish frame could ever allow.
Perhaps these lads should have just knocked him up some stilts, could have painted them up a treat too.

So what should we do?

Some will tell you we should let it go, move on.
Some might even suggest that we should really apologise for taking them to task over it.
Some will suggest boycotting Indonesia and some will contemplate cancelling their cheap booze filled 'holiday'

You know what i think will happen, **** all.
Why?
Because Australians dont give a **** about anything that doesnt directly relate to them.
Many will even applaud those 3rd world peasants for their handy work as though taking the hard line somehow makes everyone think they are genuine. Coz shooting defenceless people in the heart at point blank range is so 2015 Australia like, akin to belting a bloke at a pub before you introduce yourself.

When in reality they would have just as easily conformed to the conservative side of the argument had common sense prevailed, if for no other reason than to be on the winning team.

Australians are weak as **** and Indonasia knows it.

My2c.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2015, 02:20 PM   #100
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

i expect this is causing great debate at work for everyone?
im in the: live by the sword youll eventually cut yourself camp

while i think the laws of death are a tad harsh and even stupid, thats their law
they surely knew this when strapping kilos of smack to their guts
take the risk enough times...you will get caught

for their families its not really fair tho
anyhoo im sure we wont hear the end of it for a while with the peanut running the country pulling the pin on coin going over there
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2015, 02:23 PM   #101
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Boss260 View Post

Does anyone know the specifics of the two cases and why the two different sentences?
One imported weed, and it was never 100% certain she actually knew what was in the bag, at worst she was probably just a mule working for someone.

The other two were drug king pins organising and over seeing other people to import huge commercial quantities of heroin, I seem to recall that it was 8.1kg of uncut pure grade drug, which would probably be 'cut' into at least 20-30kg of street gear, selling at $100-150 per 0.1 of a gram, ie $1000-1500 per gram.

Huge difference.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 30-04-2015, 02:25 PM   #102
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

I dont know what to make of it either but I welcome sanctions against them.

Why hold someone for 10 years to shoot them? We have a stupidly long time issue with "boat" people...it shoudlnt take 5+ years to make a decision.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2015, 02:31 PM   #103
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Let me get this straight, an Indonesian chap kills 20 people, 4 of them Aussies and he is released mid last year with his sentence halved due to his good behaviour, yet 2 Australian drug smugglers, attempting to remove drugs from Indonesia are executed by firing squad despite obvious efforts to be rehabilitated.
Now i suppose you'll say drugs are a real problem in Indonesia and an example needed to be made.
Thats fine, but looking back over the last 15 years Terrorism has also been a real problem, so problematic that we direct millions of dollars in aid to help prevent radical Islam from taking over and so problematic that it has led to the loss of many lives including Aussies, yet somehow returning a terrorist to society is ok because Indonesia says so.

Does no one see the irony.

Its easy to play the drug smuggler card and draw support by thinking of the children, but the truth is, the drug dealers/addicts who would have aquired these drugs didnt kick the habit because the shipment didnt come in, they just got it elsewhere.
Nothing positive has been achieved by cable tying these people to a cross and shooting them in the heart.

No, this is not about 2 drug smugglers, it hasnt been about drugs for a while now.
Its about the President of a **** ant, back water country, sticking the finger up at Australia to make him self look bigger than his childish frame could ever allow.
Perhaps these lads should have just knocked him up some stilts, could have painted them up a treat too.

So what should we do?

Some will tell you we should let it go, move on.
Some might even suggest that we should really apologise for taking them to task over it.
Some will suggest boycotting Indonesia and some will contemplate cancelling their cheap booze filled 'holiday'

You know what i think will happen, **** all.
Why?
Because Australians dont give a **** about anything that doesnt directly relate to them.
Many will even applaud those 3rd world peasants for their handy work as though taking the hard line somehow makes everyone think they are genuine. Coz shooting defenceless people in the heart at point blank range is so 2015 Australia like, akin to belting a bloke at a pub before you introduce yourself.

When in reality they would have just as easily conformed to the conservative side of the argument had common sense prevailed, if for no other reason than to be on the winning team.

My2c.
I think you read too much into it, and I don't get the comparison about the Bali Bombers and these guys, they are unrelated events, one has nothing to do with the other.

Bali as well as other countries have always had the death penalty for drug smugglers, it's well known, has been well known for decades, nothing to do with them being Australian or any other conspiracy theory.

Re the conspiracy theories of presidents thumbing their finger at Australia etc etc it's just media generated BS, the rule has always been there they were sentenced to death back in early 2006, it's all the appeal precesses that have taken ten years before the sentence could finally be carried out, so has nothing to do with the President of a **** ant, back water country, sticking the finger up at Australia to make him self look bigger than his childish frame could ever allow, but it has everything to do with two commercial drug dealers attempting to export 8.3kg of high grade heroin, not a mistake either as it's not the first time they did it.

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 30-04-2015, 02:32 PM   #104
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post

Why hold someone for 10 years to shoot them? We have a stupidly long time issue with "boat" people...it shoudlnt take 5+ years to make a decision.
Actually, keeping them for 10 years gives them an opportunity to have appeals etc. i believe it is a standard proceedure amongst many 'death penalty' juristrictions.
I have looked at a list of people executed in the US and something that stood out is that they were executed approximately 10 years after their arrest/conviction.
Old 30-04-2015, 02:33 PM   #105
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post

It took less that a year to make the decision, don't just believe the hype, they were sentenced to be executed in early 2006 less than 12 months after being caught.

It was the countless appeals that made it drag out for 10 years, and re the rehabilitation, most people would at least try to do a convincing job of pretending to re habilitate when death is the only alternative available.

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 30-04-2015, 02:35 PM   #106
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

How many people remember the execution of Barlow and Chambers? Not many I suspect. And this issue will also blow over given enough time.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2015, 02:40 PM   #107
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
How many people remember the execution of Barlow and Chambers? Not many I suspect. And this issue will also blow over given enough time.
Until you mentioned their names I had forgotten all about them

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2015, 02:43 PM   #108
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
I think you read too much into it, and I don't get the comparison about the Bali Bombers and these guys, they are unrelated events, one has nothing to do with the other.

Bali as well as other countries have always had the death penalty for drug smugglers, it's well known, has been well known for decades, nothing to do wit them being Australian.

Re the conspiracy theories of presidents thumbing their finger at Australia it's just BS, the rule has always been there they were sentenced to death back in early 2006, it's all the appeal precesses that have taken ten years before the sentence could finally be carried out, so has nothing to do with the President of a **** ant, back water country, sticking the finger up at Australia to make him self look bigger than his childish frame could ever allow, but it has everything to do with two commercial drug dealers attempting to export 8.3kg of high grade heroin, not a mistake either as it's not the first time they did it.
BS.

No comparison, no, in one case an Indonesian kills 20 people with a bomb so they let him go, a couple of Aussie lads export drugs which may have never kill anyone directly yet they get executed...

And the President of that **** ant country got elected on his tough stance on drug smugglers so yes, he used his political agenda to stick it to us.
The whole situation has been one big grand stand and show of strength by them scum bags.
Fighter planes to escort shackled prisoners, taking selfies with them.

They took great pleasure in what they did, it was perfect...
2 users like this post:
Old 30-04-2015, 02:50 PM   #109
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
BS.

No comparison, no, in one case an Indonesian kills 20 people with a bomb so they let him go, a couple of Aussie lads export drugs which may have never kill anyone directly yet they get executed...

And the President of that **** ant country got elected on his tough stance on drug smugglers so yes, he used his political agenda to stick it to us.
The whole situation has been one big grand stand and show of strength by them scum bags.
Fighter planes to escort shackled prisoners, taking selfies with them.

They took great pleasure in what they did, it was perfect...
I think you are missing the point, how does the bombing relate to these two guys?? They are completely different and unrelated events that have no connection what so ever and no relevance to each other

These guys got sentenced to death in 2006, well before the current president, death penalty has always been the punishment for drug importation/exportation in that country, it was no big surprise there are signs every where. It's not like they changed the law for these guys.

Conspiracy theories fall down quite fast when you look at the facts and timeline of events.

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 30-04-2015, 02:51 PM   #110
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti View Post
Until you mentioned their names I had forgotten all about them
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barlow_...bers_execution

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2015, 02:53 PM   #111
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
How many people remember the execution of Barlow and Chambers? Not many I suspect.
Yep, i remember.

Quote:
And this issue will also blow over given enough time.
Thats because...

Australians dont give a **** about anything that doesnt directly relate to them.
2 users like this post:
Old 30-04-2015, 03:01 PM   #112
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
I think you are missing the point, how does the bombing relate to these two guys?? They are completely different and unrelated events that have no connection what so ever and no relevance to each other

These guys got sentenced to death in 2006, well before the current president, death penalty has always been the punishment for drug importation/exportation in that country, it was no big surprise there are signs every where. It's not like they changed the law for these guys.

Conspiracy theories fall down quite fast when you look at the facts and timeline of events.
Im not missing anything, you just chose to distance the two because to admit Indonesia free's Indonesian terrorists guilty of killing Australians and shoots dead Australian drug exporters is exactly how it sounds, rediculous.
2 users like this post:
Old 30-04-2015, 03:03 PM   #113
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Boss260 View Post

The president who was in charge. Wododo has started up killing drug traffickers, while no executions happened while bang bang was in charge. As someone said earlier its political why this happened. Also while Bishop has been really good Abbot puts his foot in his mouth which you can't do in these situation. But that is a minor issue.

Just remember there are 209 (well 208 now) that will be shot over the next few weeks.
Old 30-04-2015, 03:09 PM   #114
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt View Post
The president who was in charge. Wododo has started up killing drug traffickers, while no executions happened while bang bang was in charge. As someone said earlier its political why this happened. Also while Bishop has been really good Abbot puts his foot in his mouth which you can't do in these situation. But that is a minor issue.

Just remember there are 209 (well 208 now) that will be shot over the next few weeks.
Exactly, as i said, Joke O used executing foriegn drug smugglers as his election platform and once in power he was cornered into action.
Old 30-04-2015, 03:19 PM   #115
Spinner77

Let's hope the Indons don't get the bit between their teeth, and encourage the people smugglers to send us another 50 boatloads soon.

Wouldn't rule it out.

We have the capacity to deal with it, but do we have the globes?

The answer might lie in focusing on the smugglers personally. Like — of course — sending them on long study leave, or a long holiday cruise.

How? Subcontract the job to an agency of another country that has trained travel experts. These will also provide memorable tips to others thinking of getting in on the smuggling racket.
Spinner77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2015, 03:38 PM   #116
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Im not missing anything, you just chose to distance the two because to admit Indonesia free's Indonesian terrorists guilty of killing Australians and shoots dead Australian drug exporters is exactly how it sounds, rediculous.
I don't chose anything, I could not care less, but they are two unrelated events, the end, there is no link between them and they have nothing to do with each other.

One event did not cause the other, they were not done by the same people for the same reasons, there is no actual or even imagined relation between the two incidents.

You are making imaginary correlations between events that are completely unrelated and ignoring the facts that these guys were sentenced to be executed back in 2006, and there have been countless appeals that were rejected again and again, events that have nothing to do with the current president.

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 30-04-2015, 03:50 PM   #117
MDS69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It took less that a year to make the decision, don't just believe the hype, they were sentenced to be executed in early 2006 less than 12 months after being caught.

It was the countless appeals that made it drag out for 10 years, and re the rehabilitation, most people would at least try to do a convincing job of pretending to re habilitate when death is the only alternative available.

regarding the rehabilitation of these 2 drug runners, it is not a traffic offenders program where you show you have learned the error of your ways for a lighter sentence.
MDS69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-04-2015, 04:55 PM   #118
Sabantien
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't support the death penalty, but no one in Australia gave a crap about it anywhere in the world until these two blokes were up for it.

Then the AFP cops it because they knew that they would risk the death penalty of caught in Indonesia. Hang on. So the guys doing it, who also knew the risk of death penalty, are not at all responsible for their actions, but the AFP suddenly is?

Same goes for the whole argument about drugs killing people. Oh but people who take drugs make the choice, they take the risk, knowing that it could kill them. Yet, the drug smugglers didn't make a similar choice knowing the risks?

They were young and stupid. Didn't you do anything stupid when you were young?
Sure, I drank so much I had to cling onto my bed so I wouldn't fall face fall into the ceiling and the whirling fan. Smuggle drugs into a country with a death penalty for smuggling drugs? No, never did that.

We all make choices in life and take risks. Sometimes that comes back to bite us. I guess the bigger the stakes the bigger the risk, and these guys lost.

All that said, I agree with a few others, this was a political flipping the bird to Australia. Criminals in the wrong place at the wrong time being used as political pawns.
Sabantien is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2015, 04:58 PM   #119
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabantien View Post
I don't support the death penalty, but no one in Australia gave a crap about it anywhere in the world until these two blokes were up for it.

Then the AFP cops it because they knew that they would risk the death penalty of caught in Indonesia. Hang on. So the guys doing it, who also knew the risk of death penalty, are not at all responsible for their actions, but the AFP suddenly is?
The info came from one of the Bali 9's fathers. Great way to reduce intel by giving them up to the indo's and causing all this BS. If they were caught here you would have never heard another word about these people.
Old 30-04-2015, 05:15 PM   #120
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

I don't think Indonesia is biased in Executions, and as far as 'sticking it up Australia' goes there have been 12 executions there this year from other countries, all for Drug Trafficking.

Netherlands 1
Brazil 2
Indonesia 2
Nigeria 5
Vietnam 1
Malawi 1