Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 03-01-2008, 02:21 AM   #91
jameslinton50
ED 4L 5Speed

73 times on my p's in WA
jameslinton50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2008, 02:21 AM   #92
badefghia
Banned

I always get pulled over and they want to search the boot...Though once i was clocked over 140kph and the cop put it down to me doing 120 in a hundred zone so i wouldnt lose my licence...
badefghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2008, 08:35 PM   #93
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan
this 1987 GTSX Skyline two door with work done to it was pulled over cause the cop knew it would have blown the cop away
I think its more like fear on Cops part they drive stock cars not highy modded cars so they keep tabs on them so to speak
So you believe that, because this copper saw a faster car than his 'work' car, he decided to victimise the ricer?

This thread is full of people whining about getting canaries, EPA's etc... But, you know the law, and choose to go the other way. Stop talking like victims of injustice

If you have a problem with it, try to change it.

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2008, 09:13 PM   #94
bentles
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gngtho
but even with all the sh_t boxes i had i never got pulled over.

mabey its the way you drive....
hit the nail on the head unless ur cars in the weeds and on stockies... then its a little bit more obvious. or belching smoke or running open headers haha

ive only ever been pulled over when i was doing 140, and when i had 65mm of ground clearance...

in 1.5 years on p plates with lowered cars/rims/ exhausts/ etc etc
bentles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2008, 10:13 PM   #95
Xplode0185
Banned

when i had my ed xr6 i was pulled over every second day litraly that went on the whole time i had it witch was 15 months
Xplode0185 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2008, 10:36 PM   #96
TRRTRY

previous rides -
XD Fairmont
XE ESP
EB Fairmont
ED XR6

Now-
ED XR8 Sprint
Territory

No defects or harrassment, Only ever been pulled over for speeding or RBT
TRRTRY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2008, 08:47 PM   #97
BaYa
Just Cruzing

yes i think mr plod does take a fancy to me cause im the only guy who has a ford in a group of holden lovers and ive been defected and just recently EPA'd as well :( . why me.....

MOD'S
Herrod Extractors & Redback exhaust
lowered
Au xr6 rims

Successful Trades with:BradensEBxr6, snypereb, EDXR6T, ORSMF6
Old 07-01-2008, 12:56 AM   #98
NudgE^SIKBRO
Never late with a V8

As far as im concerned... the PO PO are their to do a job, be it at the cost of me or other motorists... Im under the belief that if i get a defect, ive earned it. If i get pulled over for driving a modded car, thats my fault. I think that if my BA was still stock id never get pulled over.

Also just a little side note for you all, If ever you are driving and being tailed by the police pull over (when its safe to do so), hop out of the car, grab your mobile phone and call a mate. Ive done it a few times and I do believe that it helps

(Daily)2004 Explorer V8 Limited
(Work) 2014 Kenworth K200 Aerodyne
(Classic) 1969 Mini K, 1340, twin SU's
The beginning is near!!!

Body by Ford. Soul by NudgE
NudgE^SIKBRO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2008, 01:01 AM   #99
brendan_S
GAY4EA

have been driving a wrx since i was 16 and i have not yet had the flashing blue and red pull me over, and i still have not lost a point on my licence.

Daily: Red Xh Ute, build thread comming soon
brendan_S is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2008, 09:21 AM   #100
Rob
Living the dream

I got pulled over more times in my stock VP Commodore than I have in any of my other cars...

Never got pulled over in the GTS - it had no cats ( : stupid I know), and it was ferkin loud.

The ED doesnt get a second glance either, and its fairly loud.

The AU was basically invisible

I reckon its the P plates that do it though.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2008, 12:30 AM   #101
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I believe being on your P's and having a commodore will get you involved with the cops more, which is bull i think because police are obviously acting on a typical stereotype that they believe is to be true. I was on my P's and had a VL calais (mild 3.0ltr N/A), was pretty nice and i got pulled over at least 8 times, 7 times for no reason (yes i was a wee bit of a stupid young driver). Had an old XE with chopped springs, loud exhaust etc etc and never got a look from the cops. Even now in my workhorse faded EA i dont get looks, but I wouldnt dare drive my 5.0ltr VL calais around on a friday/saturday night. Too much $$$ and effort has gone into it for it to be defected for "seatbelts not retracting fast enough", or something else pathetic. If you are doing the wrong thing you deserve to get pulled over, if your car has cut springs and is scraping the ground you deserve to get defected but if you get pulled over for no reason and get defecetd for your car being 5 mm too low, i think thats a joke (its happened to me a couple of times).
ea90gl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 10:36 PM   #102
98elxr6

ive never been pulled over in my el xr6 but used to always get pulled in my vr berlina (loud,dumped etc) mainly due to doing stupid things in front of cops they always seemed to be around at the wrong time..
98elxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2008, 03:13 AM   #103
exrtnz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive never been pulled over but the radar detector helps with that, and never had any problems with the coppers at all. But before I bought it got a few tickets .
Old 14-03-2008, 07:22 PM   #104
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

Which radar detector have ya got? "passport" i think its called?

<INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE>

Daily- 05' BA futura... work done.
Cruiser- 85' VK berlina... more work done
gthofan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2008, 07:40 PM   #105
351@GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've got a modified BA XR8, never been pulled over or anything, missus ( did ) drive a VX Clubby R8( dead stock, dead quiet standard exhaust etc ).... just about everytime we went past a cop car they'd do a u-turn and pull us over.... right pain in the
351@GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2008, 11:17 PM   #106
last fairlane
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool pulled over by cops

well gthofan
lucky your are not 40 years older Collingwood 1965 pulled up in my 53 Customline bald tyres no canary summons in the mail $20 fine a weeks wages and loss of licence 3 months
Ringwood 1967 outside the bowl in my Mk 1 Zephyr 3 times in one night plus a defect told the cop you are too lazy to work and too scared to steal so you became a cop that cost me a canary and a hiding never said that again to them plus 3 months suspension and $40 fine
Ringwood 1968 same thing different car a Mk2 Zephyr at the bowl defect again and loss of licence and another $40 fine then it went for 12 months ( 3 losses of probationary licence meant another loss for a year) that was when I left the place and moved north the good old days I dont think so
John
last fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2008, 12:19 AM   #107
scottmeister
see my vest!

I'm a P plater and I've never had a problem. In my BF XR6 with 18s, exhaust and stripes I've never had em take more than a second glance. Of course if you drive like a numbnut and you're a P plater they'll pull you up. My other car is a pretty mean 60 series landcruiser with several inches of lift and *potentially* :evil3: illegally large tyres, the last time I got booze bussed in that, the copper pulled me aside and wanted to chat about his 4wd! Most cops I know are top blokes, some just love the power.

On that note, I have P plater mates with boosted up skylines and all manner of silly mobiles, and they got pulled up all the time driving like idiots and wonder why. Heck, theres a guy round my way on his Ps with a boosted XR6T always absolutely giving it to it.... : But each to their own, eh.
scottmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2008, 10:41 PM   #108
Josh L
Laser Driver?

In my 3 or so years of P platedness... I've been pulled over by the "victoria's finest" no more than 5 times... three for speeding and two because they thought I was someone else.

No complaints from me.
Old 25-03-2008, 05:57 PM   #109
Silentsfastcar

had my el xr8 for 3 months, in that time 12 times i got pulled over. i dont blame em though, a blue v8 with p plates, music going loudly, full car load, bad neighbour hood, and normaly driving slightly over the speed limit. i always felt i deserved there attention which has always kept me just a little more careful on the road (there trick has worked!)

The scary one for me was when i was filling up at a server, cop was on the other side of the road, went up done a u-turn, came back to the servo, and asked me if this was my car.. i said yes, and he goes.. dont be doing anything stupid agian tonight. was like omg when was the last time!! the car was gone soon after :P
Old 29-03-2008, 07:21 PM   #110
JAZSXY
Parts Fiend

Ive been randomly pulled over 6 (includes Booze Bus's) times in my EB since I got it just before xmas. Having said that I was pulled over once in my previous 3 cars in 2.5yrs. I do nothing wrong apart from travelling infront of them, once they see a black car, big wheels and P plates they hit the lights. I never get a defect or anything, just a rego check and breath test.

frenzal56, falconxr, loosecannon, lima_been, bo5ton, Mardk, Chapter Four, leakey, POELWYK, Dman4.0, rayban76, tutor, PridenJoy, Aplito Futura, sbutler, Bosko, storta1, portokatsiki, AUte, 5.8, xxxg, FTW-302, LeadFoot81, Peuty, BillM, Sox, needfordspeed, watejs06, CATXR8
JAZSXY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2008, 11:28 AM   #111
Alby1
you'd be popular too

i used to own a 2wd hilux, the mini truck style, when i first had it, i had it low, typical hoon style, chrome, loud music, even put smaller profile tyres on it to get it lower, no air bags, cut bump stops, lowering blocks, all the stupid stuff. But not once did i get in trouble, i used to get waved through the rbt stations, once we had 4 people in it (space cab) my mate was driving as i had a few beers in me, they pulled us over cause i had blue under car neons and neons in the tray that flashed with the bass, they stopped us and breath tested, turns out he was over the limit, it was christmas they said go home and stay there... still don't know why. After a while i put a v6 commodore motor in it and got everything engineerd, so of course i had to lift it. after it was all legal i got pulled over all the time for rego and rbt checks, but never a defect. Once i stood there for 30min and had a conversation with them about modified cars and if it was hard to do the motor conversion. was kinda cool.. Not sure how they decide who to pull over but i found if you treat them with some respect, and talk to them like a mate all is good. Ute is gone now, now it's a 98 EL XR8, no probs yet
Alby1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 08:30 PM   #112
JAZSXY
Parts Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alby1
Not sure how they decide who to pull over but i found if you treat them with some respect, and talk to them like a mate all is good.
Thats always the way though. I dont know what my mate used to do before when he owned my EB, but he got defected twice for being too low. I have not changed the suspension but never been defected in all the times Ive been pulled over.

frenzal56, falconxr, loosecannon, lima_been, bo5ton, Mardk, Chapter Four, leakey, POELWYK, Dman4.0, rayban76, tutor, PridenJoy, Aplito Futura, sbutler, Bosko, storta1, portokatsiki, AUte, 5.8, xxxg, FTW-302, LeadFoot81, Peuty, BillM, Sox, needfordspeed, watejs06, CATXR8
Old 06-04-2008, 09:05 PM   #113
Booka
OzECruisers FTW

I get pulled over on average 3 times a week, Im a learner driver and i always have a copper in the mirror.... just a load of bs coz they follow me every where and im always gettin the breath test and hight test, No joke 35 breath tests in 9 months and never have a problem in the fourbie. only my EB

EB II GLi, AU 4lt and auto conversion :evil3: , 17" mags, Tub's on the way, Sound system, Tinted windows, Lowered.
Booka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 09:46 PM   #114
JAZSXY
Parts Fiend

Height test?

Old 06-04-2008, 10:42 PM   #115
Booka
OzECruisers FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAZSXY
Height test?

coke can under sill or lowist point of the car.....

EB II GLi, AU 4lt and auto conversion :evil3: , 17" mags, Tub's on the way, Sound system, Tinted windows, Lowered.
Booka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2008, 11:04 AM   #116
1FLYRYD
Boost Cruisin'

back when i was on my p's used to get a fair bit of attention got fined for having a monster stereo also lost my licence for going sideways out of a car wash right in front of a cop who was washing his car. but in saying that back then there was at least 10-15 one night got up2 about 40 cars in a big cruise so that never looked good. but now days i havent been hasseled at all really, although went on a cruise to wang about this time last year and got pulled up but the copper just asked what we were doing i said was bored of albury so went a drive, they were fine shon the touch over the car didnt comment on the tacho, 18s, ride hieght or hub adaptors, i personally think it how you drive and how your car looks. if you drive like a moron or your car looks sus of course your gunna get hasseled
1988 EA falcon, 20inch dark agents, cyprus blue, ED XR front, full EF fairmont interior conversion, built AU motor with modded BA turbo pistons, AiResearch T04, Snort manifold & 4inch dump, 50mm Synapse external gate, custom stainless 3inch exhaust & cooler piping, Synapse BOV, SMT8 piggy back, lowered on king sl's and ultima shocks, full noleathane bushings
1FLYRYD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2008, 06:03 PM   #117
LOWBA6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Been pulled over probably 5 times in 3 years for random breath tests. I cant complain really 4 of those i deserved anyway. Acting like a fool on the road will get you pulled over. If you show respect to them then they will show you respect and maybe a bit of leaniency if your car isnt up to scratch! Iv got some mates which drive a bit stupidly and gets pulled over all the time. Doesnt help that his Number plate is HOON## that sort of stupidity just asks for them to pull you up and defect ya.
LOWBA6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2008, 09:22 PM   #118
lamborghinifan

I baby my stock baii ute (with relatively small bullbar-no aerials) and drive it very sedately. i was pulled up 3 times in a week (twice in one night) that was on a 250k trip.
RBT and ID check on the first time was a ropeable woman copper who was upset because i didn't feel safe sitting behind an erratic driver who'd just pulled out of the pub and overtook him. she saw me right as i overtook him and let loose with a tongue lashing. i went to about 70 in a 60 zone, deserted country town, 11pm sat night. and she had all sorts of accusations. i didn't give her any cheek though and she just did full ID checks and the like of me and my passenger and RBT. couldn't get me for anything. then she smirked and said that i wouldn't catch "him" now anyway. halfway way home (50k away) There was another copper sitting beside the most likely route i was to take home (coincidence?? hmmm) with a radar. wasn't speeding though. then as i got home and dropped my mate at home, i was pulled up by an unmarked patrol car who thought i was trying to dodge a booze bus up the road. but he was ok and after talking to each other through the windows of each others cars, he bleieved me when i said i'd been pulled over already that night. got pulled over the following sunday morning for an RBT and they did a check over the vehicle, but backed off when i said it was my fathers car. (technically it is), again no offences. since then i haven't been bothered again, just one letter in the mail (my own fault 71 in 60). never been bothered at all in the stock NL. (a grandpa's car, wonder why!) well that's my rant anyway. coppers love falcon utes with bullbars up here. end.
lamborghinifan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2008, 10:00 PM   #119
leadfoot

Apart from RBTs - in 27yrs of driving I have been pulled over the grand total of 3 times,and that includes my time as a young bloke on Ps driving a SLR Torana which, back then was probably the biggest cop magnet you could get.
I learnt very early to keep your car legal looking and not to drive in a way to attract their attention & you would be left alone.
I have trouble believing these blokes who reckon they have been pulled over 20 odd time in 4 months for no reason.If that was happening to me I really would start looking at my car & my driving habits.
leadfoot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2008, 11:29 PM   #120
JAZSXY
Parts Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booka
coke can under sill or lowist point of the car.....
Coke can are we in QLD here mate? What happened to the 100mm wheel down in Corio? :