Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-06-2005, 08:04 PM   #91
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

"yep, add that one for me also. One time a silver camry was driving in heavy fog with abosolutely no lights on.... i was at an intersection turning on to a 100km/h road so I made a BIG effort to be sure no-one was coming than pulled out... in the time it took me to get up around the 2-> gear change this bloody silver camry is beeping it's horn flat out at me, with NO LIGHTS ON. Bloody Tool".

It is an offence, nationwide, to not have under hazardous weather conditions causing reduced visibility,- either your low beam and/or front fog lights on.

From July 1 2005 in NSW, this will attract a $75 fine and you will lose one demerit point from your license.

On the other hand, causing undue glare will land the same. The 90/130watt bulbs are not ADR compliant.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2005, 08:12 PM   #92
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

It's been very foggy the last few mornings in Melbourne, there have been quite a few cars running around without lights, a lot of them were dark coloured to boot. Not surprisingly a few were actually fitted with fog lights!
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2005, 08:59 PM   #93
cheese
Has a blue one

Two for me are.
1. People who two pedal autos and drive everywhere with their brakelights lit up.

2. People who drive for miles in a straight line with their indicator flashing. How hard is it not to see the warning light on the dash or not hear it ticking?
Old 30-06-2005, 09:00 PM   #94
RUQ1KA
Formerly mad_ed_wagon

my pet hates are when i have people infront of me when entering the freeway and they try to get on the freeway at 60km/h, thats why where there is a 2 lane road that goes to a 1 lane before zipping to the freeway i just let loose go 100km/h and try to pass as many of those 60km/h ^$&#&('s as possible

it also gets annoying when on the freeway, i usually switch to the middle or right whewn approaching the zip area because usually the left lane slows to 40km/h just to let the slow people in, just gets annoying

also: this happened about 3-4 months ago i was in the right lane on an 80km/h road going at MAX 85km/h over taking a row of trucks vans etc.. then i have this vr/s commodore behind me right on the bumper of my car.

I'm not prepared to speed up to make him happy so what does he do? once passing an intersection he slams the accelerator and flies into the right turning lane thing passes me (i had to slow down to 50km/h cause he ran out of road) and changes lanes back into my lane... then slows to 75km/s the whole way , and what else do i notice?

A P'plate no wonder so many P platers are wrapping them selves around trees etc..., suppose i didnt notice the commodore overtaking me and didnt slow down and he ended up next to me when he ran out of road... he woulda been around the pole, or woulda pushed into me which would probably push me into a semi...

SHEER STUPIDITY!!!

Build thread coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerCordia
I had two cordias but recently i sold one of them so that leaves me with one cordia which i have now but i wouldve had two if i havent sold the other one.
RUQ1KA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2005, 09:21 PM   #95
LUXO_8
windsor user

one thing i hate is L plate drivers, with an "adult" instructor, flying past on the freeway, or sitting right on your ***.
stupid!
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2005, 10:00 PM   #96
K_Man
Whoa, this is heavy!

I cant stand people tailgating me. Had an instance a few weeks back where some guy in an excel was sitting so close on my *** in traffic i couldn't see his headlights in my rear view. Sat there for a good minute before attempting to summon enough go from the excel to fly past me. All i had to do was speed up a little and not let him pass, he eventually got the point. A word to all: If you tailgate me, dont expect to get past if you try, or be prepared for a Random Brake Test (tm). My rear bumper needs a respray. :the_finge

On that topic, what would be the legal issues involved in rigging a washer jet in the rear bumper to spray at car's windscreens? :evilsasmo

Also cant stand people pussyfooting onto the freeway. FFS people, it's a 100 zone! you have a better chance of merging if you go 100!

Oh, and the Jolly Rogers wreckers in Dandenong, purely because they're just not jolly anymore.
Old 30-06-2005, 10:30 PM   #97
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
"yep, add that one for me also. One time a silver camry was driving in heavy fog with abosolutely no lights on.... i was at an intersection turning on to a 100km/h road so I made a BIG effort to be sure no-one was coming than pulled out... in the time it took me to get up around the 2-> gear change this bloody silver camry is beeping it's horn flat out at me, with NO LIGHTS ON. Bloody Tool".

It is an offence, nationwide, to not have under hazardous weather conditions causing reduced visibility,- either your low beam and/or front fog lights on.

From July 1 2005 in NSW, this will attract a $75 fine and you will lose one demerit point from your license.

On the other hand, causing undue glare will land the same. The 90/130watt bulbs are not ADR compliant.
I must say I enjoy reading your post. They are interesting and informitive. Thank you for you time and effort. And that is interesting that you say that it is an offence to drive without your lights on in hazardous conditions, I never new that you could get fined for driving without you lights on in heavy rain or fog during daylight hours. However I have always turned on my lights when driving conditions deteriorate.

Matt

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2005, 11:01 PM   #98
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
I must say I enjoy reading your post. They are interesting and informitive. Thank you for you time and effort. And that is interesting that you say that it is an offence to drive without your lights on in hazardous conditions, I never new that you could get fined for driving without you lights on in heavy rain or fog during daylight hours. However I have always turned on my lights when driving conditions deteriorate.

Matt
So do I, it's automatic now.

Pet hate No. 4: People pulling into my buffer zone.
johnydep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2005, 11:03 PM   #99
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

On that topic, what would be the legal issues involved in rigging a washer jet in the rear bumper to spray at car's windscreens?

I like your thinking, guess if it is only water you might get away with it. Defence would be that if they were not driving so close they would not have gotten wet.
Old 30-06-2005, 11:10 PM   #100
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Don't get me started on my pet hates...

:

Just some of them:
  • People who insist on driving 10km/h or more UNDER the speed limit and block traffic that wants to travel at the correct speed for that section of road. Also if they are travelling considerably slower then the speed limit, they are a traffic hazard.
  • People who tailgate me when I am travelling at or just SLIGHTLY under the speed limit. If you want to pass me, do so, and if you want to speed, enjoy your speeding fine when you get it, make sure you frame it and draw attention to it every time someone visits your house. I don't want one, which is why I'm not exceeding the limit for that stretch of road.
  • Trucks that tailgate you and try and intimidate you into going faster then the speed limit. I've noticed this happens a lot more if I'm driving with my P plates displayed, compared to when LuvinmyEB is driving who doesn't have to display P plates. I know not all truck drivers do this, but it does happen and it is bl*ody annoying (not to mention incredibly dangerous) when they do.
  • People who slow down to 3km/h to turn. Surely you don't have to almost come to a complete stop to get around a corner. This particularly annoys me when it's from a turning lane at traffic lights and because of how slowly they corner, only 2 cars make it around on the green arrow and the rest have to wait for the next cycle. In my experience (western suburbs of Melbourne) 4WD owners are the worst offenders for this one.
  • Idiots who think it's a good idea to do donuts and burnouts on a busy suburban road, in the middle of the day, surrounded by traffic. Yeah, great idea idiot, next thing you know they've lost control and slammed into a tree, power poll or even worse, another car that had come to a complete stop and was waiting for them to finish before they drove off (don't laugh, I've seen it happen within walking distance of where I am right now).
  • Wet weather bandits, those people who think it's a display of their driving ability to aquaplane around every corner and wheel spin everywhere when it's raining or before the rain has dried up. They're not in control, and if something unexpected happens, they're ed!
  • People who don't stop for red lights, or don't even slow down while approaching a roundabout. Accidents waiting to happen!
  • People who fail to indicate. If your indicators are broken, get them fixed ASAP, they are NOT an optional extra, they are there to be used to INDICATE where you are going if you are not continuing straight ahead! Other drivers cannot read your mind, unfortunately.

That'll do for now, there are more but I can't be bothered writing them all out, besides I've covered the ones that annoy me the most.

:
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2005, 11:11 PM   #101
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Thought of another

Rubber neckers at accidents. Why is it both directions slow down to a crawl at a crash even though there is a median strip between them, because of bloody rubberneckers.

They are even worse when you are trying to work at a crash, keep your eyes on where you are going and stop trying to friggin kill me rubberneckers!

Also people that brake heavy in front of an emergency vehicle, if you are in the right lane, don't stop, move to the left lane.
Also people that don't move to the left because they are turning right 2km down the road. They should hold their breath while they are slowing me down because someone else is.
Old 30-06-2005, 11:33 PM   #102
TIRED6
A V8 salute to my DEATH

I hate higher watt globes (although my High beams are now 100W) and especially vehicle with a heavy ***. I also hate anything neon, it could cause an accident.

My biggest hate - Chicks that wanna date ya because of how ya car looks, not who you are, Bloody women.......
Old 30-06-2005, 11:43 PM   #103
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

female drivers (sorry ladies) but seriously most of the bad drivers i see everyday are females, they cut in where they please most of the time not indicating, travel 20km under the limit while on the phone, try to apply their makeup while driving, and most of all, they always take their sweet a55 time at the petrol station. sorry to be sexist but that is what i have to put up with everyday!

Changes: 5 spd manual
Extractors, 2.5in exhaust
AMG Quake 17's w/ maxxis rubba
Lovelle superlows
Cheap a55 Pod Filter

Bike: CR250R 05 :evil3:
Heeno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2005, 11:51 PM   #104
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heeno
female drivers (sorry ladies) but seriously most of the bad drivers i see everyday are females, they cut in where they please most of the time not indicating, travel 20km under the limit while on the phone, try to apply their makeup while driving, and most of all, they always take their sweet a55 time at the petrol station. sorry to be sexist but that is what i have to put up with everyday!
You better run and hide because the girls are going to be after your blood :gren:
Old 30-06-2005, 11:53 PM   #105
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoxr8
You better run and hide because the girls are going to be after your blood :gren:
lol i know, but i had to get it off my chest

Changes: 5 spd manual
Extractors, 2.5in exhaust
AMG Quake 17's w/ maxxis rubba
Lovelle superlows
Cheap a55 Pod Filter

Bike: CR250R 05 :evil3:
Heeno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2005, 03:44 AM   #106
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heeno
If ignorance is bliss Heeno, you must be one hell of a happy person.

Just be thankful that I don't live in Queensland.

/me wanders off to round up the AFF girls. :Up_to_som :MrT_anim:
Old 01-07-2005, 03:47 AM   #107
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lol run and hide mate.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2005, 05:56 AM   #108
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

• People that drive cars that blow smoke.. Get the f'ing things off the road.
  • People that cut into my buffer zone and then brake.
  • People that cannot merge without applying the brakes, I wonder if they did a study how many people look over their right shoulder and automatically press their foot down in a braking movement _
  • People that drive during the day with driving lights or low beam on.. Not really a pet hate but to me it seems absent minded although after reading geckos other thread I'll try and change my opinion
  • Idiots that cannot or do not chose to follow and understand the basic fundamental road rules, ie roundabouts or turning markings painted onto the lanes
  • Inconsiderate a$$holes that block intersections or sit in turning lanes when they want to go striaght ahead..
hmmm grumpy bugger this morning aren't I? hehehe

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2005, 10:41 AM   #109
Homer1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

1. Seeing huge wheels which are obviously worth more than the car they're attached to. This is very common on the "Fully Schick" Crappodores.

2. People trying to turn thier cars into something they're not (Wannabes). i.e once saw this old Beetle with Merc hubcaps and a 3-pt star sticking out of the front of bonnet, and a HSV GTO badge on a VL
Homer1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2005, 11:02 AM   #110
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

One more for me... then I'm finished.

Impatience.

Where I live is a two minute drive to the worst part of the Bruce Highway for accidents. The number of impatient people I see trying to overtake on the two lane section between Cooroy and Black Mountain is ridiculous. For example...

Monday night, teaming down with rain, 200 metres until the overtaking section up Black Mountain. What do I see, some fool in a Commodore (I'm not starting any Ford vs. Holden thing here) pull out into oncoming traffic to overtake a truck and two cars, just before the overtaking section.

Yet the road surface is blamed for the crashes. I agree it's in bad condition, but the surface isn't the sole blame, it's the impatient d*ckheads who can't wait for the overtaking section.

Impatience. It's a mother f*cker.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:34 PM   #111
Pilch
X-Series Club Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazzalong
i hate people that are intolerant of other road users, i have driven since i was 18, and ridden since i was 19, ive had 5 accidents on my bike, only one was my fault. the reason ive had so many accidents, is because people dont care till some one dies. i agree that there are idiots out there riding bikes, but not many, and yes they do give the rest of us a bad name, but i personally believe that if everyone had to go through the normal day-to-day riding conditions of a capital city, the driving would be much better.
Considering you've had 4 accidents uncaused by yourself, may I suggest you re-familiarise yourself with the licence test material again, as possibly appropriate action may have helped you avoid even just one of these accidents.

So far I'm only a dirt-bike rider but fully intend to one day own a roadie also. The reason that people on bikes with a death wish is a pet hate is exactly the reason you have pointed out.... They give other riders a bad name!!!
Pilch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2005, 04:29 PM   #112
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnydep

The standard globe is 60/55W, I'm pretty sure that 60 is low beam & high beam is the 60 + 55W.
60w for low beam ... and 55w on it's own for high beam ... the headlight reflector does the work for you.

I have 35w headlights :hihi:
Mechan1k is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2005, 05:22 PM   #113
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
60w for low beam ... and 55w on it's own for high beam ... the headlight reflector does the work for you.

High beam is deffinetly 60 + 55W, I just double checked to make sure.
Old 01-07-2005, 05:28 PM   #114
LUXO_8
windsor user

you're a little confused mate,
low beam is a dual filament globe, its called a H4, which is 60/55.
the high beam i cant remember 100%, but im pretty sure on the BA's its a H6 globe, which from memory is a 60w. i will be able to confirm on monday at work....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k

HID conversion????? im about to do it to my (BMW reflector'ed) NC
Old 01-07-2005, 05:34 PM   #115
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
the high beam i cant remember 100%, but im pretty sure on the BA's its a H6 globe, which from memory is a 60w. i will be able to confirm on monday at work....

H7 - 60W, H4 - 60/55W

I checked on a Commodore and the H4 had both filaments lit up, the falcon could be wired differently, so as to only use the 55W H4 & the 60W H7. But I thought that all three filaments operated on high beam, & that is why the Territory/BA have such good high beam, can anyone go & check.
Old 01-07-2005, 05:38 PM   #116
LUXO_8
windsor user

there must be a fault as they are NOT supposed to light up both filaments,.

i know commodores are notorious for earthing problems in the headlight loom before the headlights (the actual headlight loom is great) - btw how are its reflectors they must be just about dead by now....
Old 01-07-2005, 06:04 PM   #117
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

HID conversion????? im about to do it to my (BMW reflector'ed) NC
:evilsasmo H7/55w, removed from 3 different BAXR assy's, all same!!!
Old 01-07-2005, 06:05 PM   #118
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
there must be a fault as they are NOT supposed to light up both filaments,.

i know commodores are notorious for earthing problems in the headlight loom before the headlights (the actual headlight loom is great) - btw how are its reflectors they must be just about dead by now....
This is a strange one.

I just went through the car park & test a few others;
Toyota Corolla - H4 one filament for high beam
Holden Barina SB - H4 both filaments for high beam
Commodore VS - H4 both filaments for high beam (as mentioned)
Old 01-07-2005, 06:09 PM   #119
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dok
:evilsasmo H7/55w, removed from 3 different BAXR assy's, all same!!!
Another strange one; Ford part number for the BA H7 is - NR13009A & the reference is 12V 60W.

Are Ford doing a shonky down the production line?
Old 01-07-2005, 06:43 PM   #120
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnydep
This is a strange one.

I just went through the car park & test a few others;
Toyota Corolla - H4 one filament for high beam
Holden Barina SB - H4 both filaments for high beam
Commodore VS - H4 both filaments for high beam (as mentioned)
a possible explination for using both filaments, is some small cars, which only have a single reflector for low and high beam, would possibly use both, but not on a car with a reflector and "driving light" reflector...

anywayz this is goin a bit o/t, back to annoyng things