Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-12-2013, 11:34 PM   #91
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 
Default Re: Grab your final FPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blem View Post
Which one.

The I6 turbo, the S/C coyote or both ?
BOTH top engines.. The Coyote will still be around though..
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #92
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Agree, both are brilliant engines. The Turbo I6 has to be the best Australian engine in history though
9 users like this post:
Old 21-12-2013, 10:25 AM   #93
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebv8 View Post
the RPO83 cars still pull huge coin and they were pretty much the same as what the FH XR8 will be especially in ex HWP form with brembo's if they make them
i'm still holding out for an ex cop FH XR6T or XR8, they will be up spec'd and cheap about 12 months after they are released,
in about 2 years my commodore will need replacing and an ex HWP falcon will fill its shoes nicely and all for about $20k
The RPO83 XA's were still a GT.The GT nameplate is KING in the name of the Falcon.No F6, T series or XR wil ever have that history behind the name like the GT does.All great cars but the GT is KING.
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 21-12-2013, 10:49 AM   #94
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
the RPO83 cars still pull huge coin and they were pretty much the same as what the FH XR8 will be especially in ex HWP form with brembo's if they make them
i'm still holding out for an ex cop FH XR6T or XR8, they will be up spec'd and cheap about 12 months after they are released,
in about 2 years my commodore will need replacing and an ex HWP falcon will fill its shoes nicely and all for about $20k
funniest thing ive read on the internertz today
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 21-12-2013, 03:14 PM   #95
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
funniest thing ive read on the internertz today
Oh ??? and why is that exactly ?
stevefreestyle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2013, 03:21 PM   #96
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefreestyle View Post
Oh ??? and why is that exactly ?
you can't work it out???
This user likes this post:
Old 21-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #97
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Nope, FU XR8 will be essentially what the XR8 sprint was...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 21-12-2013, 03:28 PM   #98
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford man xf View Post
All the Coyote supercharged engine proved is, that once and for all it was never about the power & acceleration figures between the Holden Ford rivarly, Ford could have built a 10 second car with 450kw and HSV still would have outsold FPV/Ford, it's always been a popularity contest, I still have to drum this into peoples heads because people still do not get this. 2 Friends of mine that bought brand new HSV's last year never even considered a FPV despite the offerings, in fact they never even took one for a test drive.
What does that tell you about the effectiveness (lack of) Ford Marketing and abject and dismal failure of their marketing management and strategic market placement.....predicated on the assumption that the target market are ONLY 20 something Females who are only interested in puerile blutooth etc gadgets so they can Facebook uninterrupted, when they are supposed to be driving - not the slightest bit interested in cars.

In doing so, they effectively alienate the rest of the market - especially males.
5 users like this post:
Old 21-12-2013, 03:35 PM   #99
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
you can't work it out???
Obviously not. (It was not a rhetorical question)
Old 21-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #100
jamies

Quote:
Naaa sorry bro... Not even close an FH XR8 will NEVER be likened to an Rpo83.. XR8 and GT are two different things we don't call a XY GS a GT a GT is just that a GT.. It's like me calling my Pursuit ute a GT ute its not a GT ute it's a Pursuit.
Old 21-12-2013, 03:44 PM   #101
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Naaa sorry bro... Not even close an FH XR8 will NEVER be likened to an Rpo83.. XR8 and GT are two different things we don't call a XY GS a GT a GT is just that a GT.. It's like me calling my Pursuit ute a GT ute its not a GT ute it's a Pursuit.
Your Ute does not have IRS for a start, and it is actually heavier than the Sedan.
Old 21-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #102
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Quote:
Your Ute does not have IRS for a start, and it is actually heavier than the Sedan.
Did you don your flame suit today?
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2013, 04:08 PM   #103
Rodge
Banned

Genuine question I am curious how this works, perhaps the Op can unpack a worked example.

We presently have no idea whatsoever what kit is to be included in the last FPV, nor what the price will be, when delivery can be effected and what our trade in will be worth when the deal could be done in the future or what mileage will be on our trade-in at the time its to be traded.

The Op is extolling the virtues of grabbing one of the last FPV's, seemingly presuming we would do this on the blind and implying they're limited in production in some way and that we would trust the dealership to give us a fair price for our trade at the time....I'd call this a blind faith deal AKA "we'll look after you", sorry but i've never had anywhere near that much faith in any dealership.

Suppose we ignore the obvious salesman drum beating but simply arn't prepared to enter into a blind faith deal but are still somewhat interested in how a deal might be structured if someone like me has a reativly high value trade-in.

How would my dealer and I go about this..remembering i'm only interested if it is $90,000 Kiwi drive away or less, has GT-P seats 6/4 Brembo's and R Spec suspension and I can get a fair price for my trade and I can get one in Kinetic Blue.

Worked example please...I presume an agreement is reached with a refundable nominal deposit with a whole bunch of conditions. You've gotta wonder if its even worth putting a deal like this on paper...

Last edited by Rodge; 21-12-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2013, 04:18 PM   #104
jamies

Quote:
Did I call my ute a GT ? Nope I was merely using that as an example. Oh and my ute has two doors opposed to a GT sedan which has four.
Old 21-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #105
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Rodge I can't comment on what NZ will be supplied sorry so no point me saying anything

However!

Each dealer is different in how they take deposits, conditions of, etc.

Our dealership has weekly contact with our FPV members and have a performance shows about twice a year.

We are all different and have different structure set ups on how we operate.

For example we already have keen members wanting to put down deposits, its called faith and trust I guess?

Last edited by barra240t; 21-12-2013 at 04:57 PM.
barra240t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2013, 04:35 PM   #106
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the ones that snap up the last interceptors will be happy

the ones that dont will forever complain on the internertz about sticker packs, changeover and the seatbelts clashed with their hair products
3 users like this post:
Old 21-12-2013, 04:53 PM   #107
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra240t View Post
Rodge I can't comment on what NZ will be supplied sorry so no point me saying anything
I can't see any point in going onto paper until we at least know how the vehicle will be equipped and what it will be priced at and when it could be built...at that stage it could be worth signing a non-binding heads of agreement with a small deposit, subject to agreeing on future trade in value, but until I know the price and specification details, in my opinion there are simply too many unknown variables. I'm keeping an open mind about this but until Ford give us more details it can't be in the frame.

P.S. I like my dealer but to have trust in both Ford to have a fully spec'd car and the dealer to give me a fair deal and a fair trade and put a deposit down on the blind reminds me of an old saying a wise old accountant told me when I was a young man "Love many, Trust Few and always paddle your own canoe"

Last edited by Rodge; 21-12-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2013, 05:00 PM   #108
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Simply trying to be helpful and give a heads up, do what you are comfortable with :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge View Post
I can't see any point in going onto paper until we at least know how the vehicle will be equipped and what it will be priced at and when it could be built...at that stage it could be worth signing a non-binding heads of agreement with a small deposit, subject to agreeing on future trade in value, but until I know the price and specification details, in my opinion there are simply too many unknown variables. I'm keeping an open mind about this but until Ford give us more details it can't be in the frame.
Old 22-12-2013, 03:26 AM   #109
responsef6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good effort barra240t on giving people the awareness this will be sold out quickly

After buying 2 cars from my dealer I trusted him when he gave me the heads up re the final gt, and my refundable deposit has now been in his bank account for 3 weeks of so. Getting a final truly limited edition gt in your colour& spec wont be easy come mid 2014if they're all already accounted for

Sure some people will go for a cheaper fh xr8 with same engine, some will wait for mustang, but I can assure you that 55yrs of falcon performance, lifestyle, loyalty, heritage and pride has huge pent up demand for the final gt,wait until you know everything and you'll be sitting on the sidelines spewing that you didnt take action while you had the chance

The final gt will be at least the equal fastest falcon ever(along with rspec) I'm told, new fh won't get launch control or wider rims. This be the last gt so grab your piece of history fellas. My 3 year old and 1 month old will enjoy a full childhood of riding in the back of something truly special.
Old 22-12-2013, 08:02 AM   #110
eb2fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't have the letters gt it ain't a gt.

Fh xr8 will be similar in concept to xc gxl some gt bits but not all. But a bargain way to get a Miami v8.
eb2fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2013, 10:36 AM   #111
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It seems dealers know their allocations of the last FPV's; a run up to May 2014 and then up to September 2014. My dealer has just let his customers know this and if you are interested in one then just lodge your interest now; he's not asking for deposits.

At the moment, I don't think the dealers know final spec/equipment/pricing.

I've already passed as I'm more than happy with the R-Spec and Mustang is what I'm aiming for now. (If I hadn't got the R-Spec I would have put my hand up.)
Old 22-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #112
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb2fairmont View Post
Don't have the letters GT it ain't a GT.

FH XR8 will be similar in concept to XC GXL some GT bits but not all. But a bargain way to get a Miami V8.
bro, you bashed that out with no caps
Old 22-12-2013, 12:40 PM   #113
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6 Concorde View Post
Listen to Lorde much?
Perhaps a little too much
SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #114
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZA-289 View Post
All you old boys who think the new era GTs are rubbish because they didint race them at bathurst .
Well...did race in the Bathurst 12hrs

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 22-12-2013, 07:19 PM   #115
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

I know it's sacrilege but I would love to see the last FG GT done as a special with the the FG II nose,

Now I know that smacks of the GS turned GT but if Ford wanted to do something different, that might just do the trick..
Especially if the GS was withdrawn during that time to allow GT sales to be maximized...
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2013, 07:24 PM   #116
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Interesting to watch as I'm in no way in the market, out of my reach unfortunately and need a ute regardless.

So...the interesting part is wondering now many units will be made and how many will think 5 minutes too long and end up with a self generated bad taste in their mouths.

I think part of the consideration here is the obvious investment value, it's real. When that chip could be cashed is the only real question. But it means a whole lot of people not in it for the car will chase a slice of that pie. I sincerely hope the majority can still make
it into the hands of enthusiasts

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #117
gtfpv
GT

i'm waiting for an x cop one . it will have the cobwebs blown out of it's diff . these things go really really hard and have tuned suspension . YEP THATS THE ONE I'LL BE WAITING FOR . In a couple of years that is; when my XR6 is worn out . LOL

Last edited by gtfpv; 22-12-2013 at 07:37 PM.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2013, 08:37 PM   #118
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
I know it's sacrilege but I would love to see the last FG GT done as a special with the the FG II nose,

Now I know that smacks of the GS turned GT but if Ford wanted to do something different, that might just do the trick..
Especially if the GS was withdrawn during that time to allow GT sales to be maximized...
Ford should have some moulds for the Black Series motor show concept, perhaps its about time that bar made an appearance.

\≡≡T≡≡/
3 users like this post:
Old 22-12-2013, 09:14 PM   #119
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

Going to miss them either way..

Ed
Old 23-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #120
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've heard no new bars or skirts, just costs too much money that Ford doesn't want or doesn't have to spend. It would have been fantastic if Ford had done the Black Concept bar for FG II.

500 sounds like a good number for a last of the line and would have some reflection of the early Bathurst enduros.