Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 17-06-2012, 09:10 AM   #91
Falconxf88

Default Re: Hooning Punishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAForce8
Wanna tell me what he had to gain out of doing the burnout?
Seriously?
Old 17-06-2012, 09:11 AM   #92
XR6TCraig
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by karj
I know more people who have been seriously injured or killed as a result of hooning rather than being involved in an accident caused by inattention or something else.
That Is BS.

It is inattention and fatigue that causes 90% of accidents on the road. Don't try and paint the picture that hooning is responsible for a bigger number of incidents than it actually is.
Old 17-06-2012, 09:19 AM   #93
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hoon laws are an *** and way too broad and open..

pouring sixty litres of diesel on the road so you can drop hektik driftys with your girlfriends....

is not the same as...

me getting up on the convertor.. and being a little noisy..

try explaining engine revvings does not = wheelspinnings to policemans....
Old 17-06-2012, 09:37 AM   #94
Falconxf88

But officer I swear I hooked it all up on that launch. :p
Old 17-06-2012, 09:42 AM   #95
AU Mont
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose

And? looks perfectly clear to me... the two statements are in reply to two statements you made.
i give up !!!
Old 17-06-2012, 09:45 AM   #96
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craiginmackay
snip

Hooning is a victimless crime!
Not if the hoon looses control. Check out the hoons on youtube, it's hilarious. They run people, property and anything else in their path over. Absolute morons they are.

Going back to an old saying "Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars". Speaking very generally here, most but not all of the hoons are low performance drivers.

I believe hoons should be educated as well as a fine.

Tuned by Hallam Performance
Old 17-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #97
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I know more people who have been seriously injured or killed as a result of hooning rather than being involved in an accident caused by inattention or something else.

That is why I have a particularly dim view on this issue.

I might add that losing control of a car whilst driving in the manner defined as hooning is hardly a 'freak accident.' It's a very obvious possible outcome.

Driving is risky enough...
Yet you deliberately drive a vehicle (XY Falcon) with no crumple zones, airbags, anti-lock brakes or any of the other safety features of modern cars thereby exposing other motorists, their passengers, your passengers and pedestrians to greater risk and potential harm than those driving new Falcons or any 21st century vehicle really.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hypocrisy

I suspect your view is not the only thing that is dim......
Old 17-06-2012, 10:14 AM   #98
AU Mont
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PridenJoy
Had he been by himself doing a 180 degree burnout in an industrial estate at night, I don't really see how he could be hurting anyone and deserves his car impounded/crushed if caught
the 'research' was only to save the trouble of you telling me you do infact have kids when i was going to say people without families seem to have a lighter view on reckless behaviour

the industrial estate stance is null & void....... do you suggest there should be different road rules in certain parts of a suburb?

should we just let the 'experienced' drivers do perfectly executed doughnuts and burnouts on roads without harm to anyone, and prosecute the fools who learnt their fishtailing skills via slalom event on gran turismo ps3?

how do we distinguish the two people?
Old 17-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #99
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU Mont
the 'research' was only to save the trouble of you telling me you do infact have kids when i was going to say people without families seem to have a lighter view on reckless behaviour

the industrial estate stance is null & void....... do you suggest there should be different road rules in certain parts of a suburb?

should we just let the 'experienced' drivers do perfectly executed doughnuts and burnouts on roads without harm to anyone, and prosecute the fools who learnt their fishtailing skills via slalom event on gran turismo ps3?

how do we distinguish the two people?
just be very carefull of industrial estates.. some have cameras........

sooooo just because i dont have childrens i may be more inclined to run your childrens over..

i am a heaps better driver than everyone else on the road and my car has been converted to run on baby penguins....
Old 17-06-2012, 10:40 AM   #100
Landau Stable
Landau Tragic

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his many posts on welding and fabricating for coupes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
it isn't a victimless crime, however when done correctly, it is (as long as the greenies don't find out about it)

i am not sure what i think of the penalty. for sure the fact that he was caught doing it, meant he was not in the correct place for his fun
having said that, he "revved" the engine, and did maybe 2 wheel spins - big freakin deal. if the front wheels were only doing 10-20 kph, then the kid was not in danger. if he was doing a power skid where the front wheels were doing 40+ kph on a public road with others around, then he was a total idiot

i do not know the area that he did it in, but just spinning the wheels does not make you dangerous - however, doing what he was doing does suggest he may drive like an idiot in other times, but 1-2 wheel spins on their own

I think this reply sums it up best. There is a big difference between a stationary or very slow skid at take off, compared to doing a skid while on the move at speed or drifting around corners. If things get out of conrol at those low speeds, a simple back off the throttle is all it takes. At higher speeds, not always the case and it genuinely does become a danger. I'm happy to see hooning laws for the higher speed instances as just mentioned, but absolutely do not agree with the low speed skid being treated the same way. This is where discretion and logic should come in, but sadly, it's all classed the same by the public and media nowadays. As has already been mentioned, the burden of proof is now on the alleged hoon. This is also ridiculous. Unless a sworn officer witnessed it, or there is evidence on camera, then it should NOT be followed up. It's not hard for the public to lie or make a mistake as to what they saw or thought they saw. These hooning laws need to address these two very big issues before i would ever support them.
Old 17-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #101
karj
XY Falcon

Quote:
That Is BS.

It is inattention and fatigue that causes 90% of accidents on the road. Don't try and paint the picture that hooning is responsible for a bigger number of incidents than it actually is.
1st point: It's not BS, it's my experience.
2nd point: I'm not talking about motor vehicle accidents. I'm talking about serious injury or death from motor vehicle accidents. In my personal experience, I have known more people that have been seriously injured or killed from hoon driving as opposed to other motor vehicle accidents. That is my experience and it is on that basis that I form my view with respect to hooning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Yet you deliberately drive a vehicle (XY Falcon) with no crumple zones, airbags, anti-lock brakes or any of the other safety features of modern cars thereby exposing other motorists, their passengers, your passengers and pedestrians to greater risk and potential harm than those driving new Falcons or any 21st century vehicle really.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hypocrisy

I suspect your view is not the only thing that is dim......
This is not the first thread in which you've attempted to insult me. I understand that the last thread you used to do so was deleted the following day... I'm assuming by another mod or admin. You may be a moderator of this forum, but I'm not going to tolerate another nasty crack like that. I don't take too kindly to being called a liar or dim, it goes beyond what one would expect from a robust debate.

As to the XY, I must admit... it's not actually mine! It currently belongs to my father, but it was originally my grandfathers and has been in the family since 74. It's not a daily drive, it gets out once a month or so... and given its huge sentimental value, it's driven very sedately and carefully. Is it more dangerous on the road relative to newer cars due to lack of safety features? Yes, inherrently so.

Last edited by karj; 17-06-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 17-06-2012, 01:56 PM   #102
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
1st point: It's not BS, it's my experience.
2nd point: I'm not talking about motor vehicle accidents. I'm talking about serious injury or death from motor vehicle accidents. In my personal experience, I have known more people that have been seriously injured or killed from hoon driving as opposed to other motor vehicle accidents. That is my experience and it is on that basis that I form my view with respect to hooning.

This is not the first thread in which you've attempted to insult me. I understand that the last thread you used to do so was deleted the following day... I'm assuming by another mod or admin. You may be a moderator of this forum, but I'm not going to tolerate another nasty crack like that. I don't take too kindly to being called a liar or dim, it goes beyond what one would expect from a robust debate.

As to the XY, I must admit... it's not actually mine! It currently belongs to my father, but it was originally my grandfathers and has been in the family since 74. It's not a daily drive, it gets out once a month or so... and given its huge sentimental value, it's driven very sedately and carefully. Is it more dangerous on the road relative to newer cars due to lack of safety features? Yes, inherrently so.
Well firstly I implied you were a hypocrite and had a dim attitude but you can infer whatever you like.

It seems you think it quite ok for you to insult others though doesn't it?

The problem with sitting on a high horse is that you will tend to get knocked off it. Crying about it afterwards just shows more of who you really are.

Last edited by flappist; 17-06-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Old 17-06-2012, 02:44 PM   #103
karj
XY Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Well firstly I implied you were a hypocrite and had a dim attitude but you can infer whatever you like.

It seems you think it quite ok for you to insult others though doesn't it?

The problem with sitting on a high horse is that you will tend to get knocked off it. Crying about it afterwards just shows more of who you really are.
Can you please let me know in what post I've insulted someone. I actually don't think I have, but would like the opportunity to apologize/rectify it if I'm mistaken in that belief.
Old 17-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #104
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

karj... ive had more mates knock themselves on their heads than hurt themselves in cars......
Old 17-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #105
karj
XY Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
karj... ive had more mates knock themselves on their heads than hurt themselves in cars......
Same here. For example, I know more people who have been in workplace accidents than serious car accidents.

All that I was trying to say was that when I look at the people I have known over the years involved in motor accidents, the pattern that I have observed is that although they are usually the result of driver inattention, the really serious accidents that result in death or serious injury have been mostly the result of deliberate high speed, kicking the rear out and crashing/flipping (otherwise known as hooning). These accidents have also mostly been young men as well. It's possible that my experiences are atypical, but this is the life I have lived and the conclusions I have drawn from it. Someone who has different life experiences may well draw different conclusions.
Old 17-06-2012, 05:54 PM   #106
noflac52
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That Is BS.

Mate you made this statistic up to suit your point of view! Have a look one day at real statistics.

Someone also suggested more laws . We have already got too many, as has been mentioned already what we need is education for the morons on the road with us and that includes the ones who reckon hooning is ok!

Its been posted on here that hooning causes less accidents than fatigue and bad drivers. So its already admitted that it causes accidents. If you care so much about road safety as a number of you are stating then stop hooning and immediately the accident rate will come down. No arguement hey !!!

Then maybe we will be able to do something about the rest because then maybe someone will be prepared to listen.
Old 17-06-2012, 06:10 PM   #107
XR6TCraig
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I admit I did pluck a figure out of the air, in truth I suspect the figure would be more like 60-70% without looking it up, and lets face it, we actually don't know. A lot of people die on our nations highways due to fatigue, but it is a hard thing to measure, especially when everyone in the car is dead, IE no witnesses.

These incidents are put down as speed related, because they have to go into one of the columns on a report and conveniently the car was moving at speed ( regardless of whether the car was speeding or not). It also helps the anti-speeding message that the goverment are trying to brainwash us with if these accidents are recorded as speed related.

My point was though, the two causes that I name would be the cause of the majority of accidents. Is that good enough for you?

Either way, so what? It was in reply to a post in which a member was trying to infer that most injuries and deaths on the road are a result of hooning, which just isn't true!

Why, in your eyes, do I need to be 100% accurate when debating such a wild statement based on one blokes limited experience?

Last edited by XR6TCraig; 17-06-2012 at 06:17 PM.
Old 17-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #108
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just got home.. back end of GT kicked out on me a few times.. all is good.. safe and well....
Old 17-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #109
XR6TCraig
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds like it should have been impounded, you criminal you!

I did about 160klm today on a highway with not one overtaking lane. I had to break the speed limit to get around all of the slow coaches safely!
Old 17-06-2012, 06:29 PM   #110
JG33RD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got flashed lst night coming home from the drags doing 105 in a 100 zone, lock me up.
Old 17-06-2012, 06:32 PM   #111
BHDOGS
Banned

ah the simplicity of it all ignore laws u think unjust so you will eventually get caught to add to satistics to prove why the laws are needed in the furst place kudos to you all sounds just like what a government would want
Old 17-06-2012, 07:57 PM   #112
XR6TCraig
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS
ah the simplicity of it all ignore laws u think unjust so you will eventually get caught to add to satistics to prove why the laws are needed in the furst place kudos to you all sounds just like what a government would want

LOL

Baaaaa!

You just keep following the herd and let the government tell you what is good for you. Baaaaaa!

Meanwhile all of your rights, freedoms and liberties are being stripped. You wont notice though as you are too busy believing that the government actually has your best interests at heart. You gullible little sheep. Baaaa!
Old 17-06-2012, 08:10 PM   #113
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
Closed Thread