Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-04-2013, 11:06 PM   #91
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford Australia says it can’t afford an export version of its Territory large SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO83 View Post
Ford will state their intentions further down the track, the focus is to communicate to the public about the upcoming Falcon. Slow reveal ahead.
And enjoy slow sales while revealing whatever the heck is so important its worth sacrificing market and brand mind share over.

Brilliant.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2013, 06:02 AM   #92
SumoDog68
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford Australia says it can’t afford an export version of its Territory large SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8 View Post
Maybe it's image amongst the people that are in the market for a small car,
It's like the Toyota Hilux, I am not going to say it is a useless car as other's have said as I quite like the Hilux and I would consider one, but that's my opinion and my money but Toyota has built a reputation amongst the utility brigade for yr's, it has established it's leadership and only now are the other's trying to get a piece of the pie, but once again it's a little to late.

This same thing could be said for the Mazda 3, just as the Ford laser was known for it's rep back in it's day.

Mazdas and Toyotas for that matter sell on quality , dependabilty , reliability . I always hear from people who buy them how little goes wrong with them . Their dealers are crap too but chances are you ll only need them for servicing .
SumoDog68 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2013, 08:26 AM   #93
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO83 View Post
Ford will state their intentions further down the track, the focus is to communicate to the public about the upcoming Falcon. Slow reveal ahead.
Quoted and bolded for truth.

Territory this, doesn't have that...this is better etc...every thread...

This is 2013, we have 2014 Updates for the territory and falcon in 2014 and these could last out to 2018...

No other manufacturer will release details so far out.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2013, 02:03 PM   #94
Gadgetman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elks View Post
But I know you're also critical of the cost of a falcon so how do you make this work.

I also think that this thread and many others, skips over that many strengths of the falcon (and its variants).

As for tech and reliability. Well yes for has had some screen issues, I believe now resolved. I deal with tech stuff all day and most of my clients now yearn for low tech reliability. As do I.

Perhaps we should swap jobs. Lol
Elks, I was pointing out a previous post who stated the top selling car in australia ( being the Mazda 3) not being as well appointed. I do realise the Mazda 3 is not a direct competitor to the Falcon. There is a number of reasons why the Falcon sales are where they are and I presume we are all aware as to why it isnt successful. I have had numerous Falcons over the years and throughly enjoy driving high powered rear wheel drive cars, however I can see why the Falcon's strengths arent the point of difference for most customers today. When you have a look at the range of vehicles Ford have available today and the tech it has ie: New Kuga, Focus, Mondeo and the practicality these cars offer, it's easy to see why the falcon is struggling. Take Kuga as an example. The superseded Kuga lacked tech and struggled to record 100 units per month as a result. New Kuga, more gadgets etc and this new one will be a winner in a fierce market.

In Summary, Ford aust has to spend $$$$$$$'s on this update and make it not only a competitive car in 2014 but to make sure its technically competitive through to 2016 or they are whistling dixies.
Gadgetman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #95
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetman View Post

In Summary, Ford aust has to spend $$$$$$$'s on this update and make it not only a competitive car in 2014 but to make sure its technically competitive through to 2016 or they are whistling dixies.
Very true. All good.