Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-10-2012, 07:04 PM   #91
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Default Re: 2006 - 2009 VE Commodore used car review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KW XRT
A centura.Mate ran a 13.4 in his centura in 1982.Fastest car in Rocky for years.One in local paper for sale 6.5k.Always wanted one.

They are getting scarce these days.....They are definately little rocket ships too.....I have scared more than my fair share of V8 drivers with it too....They laugh, but I laugh harder

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2012, 07:39 PM   #92
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceValk85

the idea is that its supposed to be waaaay overdone. i love it. its screams a big **** you to traditional conservative styling.

that and the 6.2 litre is a rather good donk all in all. sounds the part too.

Ice
That just looks so "Tryhard" to me.......
Old 24-10-2012, 10:29 PM   #93
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs
That just looks so "Tryhard" to me.......
yes to me too, it looks like the rice package but they forgot to put the can am spoiler on it.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2012, 10:39 PM   #94
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR_Strider_GuY
Recently I was minding a friends SS-V ute. Its a 2008 with over 70k. He does not really baby the car nor pamper it like the way I would. It does get serviced regularly at 15k from a regular Holden dealer and in between 7.5k oil changes.

I found the car to be very tight, interior was in nice shape. Seats showed wear (but what car doesn't show wear, by BA seats that get regular conditioning shows small wear from the first 18k by the previous owner).

Engine pulled strong, gearbox was perfect, slight drive train clunk but acceptable. VE's seem fine to me.
You can't use one example and say they all must be like that.

Every manufacturer can just about build a perfect car, but its a much harder job to make them all that way. Actually, its impossible to make them all that way. Every manufacturer has problem cars, even the most expensive, most highly developed hand built cars have issues from time to time.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2012, 11:28 PM   #95
KW XRT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo supporter
They are getting scarce these days.....They are definately little rocket ships too.....I have scared more than my fair share of V8 drivers with it too....They laugh, but I laugh harder
Imagine if they weren't stuck on the wharf for months and Chrysler decided to race them man they would have been a rocket ship.They are supposed to be 400kg's lighter than a Charger.My mate had a bored out 265 in a centura with a 780 Holley it ran second a cash classic in 1984 {was in racing car news ** he came second because he broke out running 13.32 on 13.4 dial in.Was the fastest car in Rockhampton for years.The thing that peed me off most about it was it's top end.He went past me 190kph like I was doing the speed limit.When I questioned him about we reconned he was doing about 240 KPH @ 6500 Revs in top gear he said the 4 speed borgy was rattling like an old 3 speed.Crazzzzy driver.

XR6 Turbo.Championship winner.
KW XRT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2012, 06:55 PM   #96
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by KW XRT
Imagine if they weren't stuck on the wharf for months and Chrysler decided to race them man they would have been a rocket ship.They are supposed to be 400kg's lighter than a Charger.My mate had a bored out 265 in a centura with a 780 Holley it ran second a cash classic in 1984 {was in racing car news ** he came second because he broke out running 13.32 on 13.4 dial in.Was the fastest car in Rockhampton for years.The thing that peed me off most about it was it's top end.He went past me 190kph like I was doing the speed limit.When I questioned him about we reconned he was doing about 240 KPH @ 6500 Revs in top gear he said the 4 speed borgy was rattling like an old 3 speed.Crazzzzy driver.

Them being stuck on the wharf only caused the rust issues they suffered with.

CAL did do a little development work with them (private testing)...The person doing the testing advised the heirachy that fitting a 265 was to dangerous for the general public, hence sticking with the 245 as the biggest factory option. (even fitting that was "balked" at) Hence the reason behind no race history....

Weight wise, I have never compared.....But yes, fitting 265's to them is enough to run a similar spec Charger and wooping it.

These days I know a bloke that uses a 318 powered Centura for burnout comps every now and then.....First meet (Gazzanats 3 years ago), he just re-rung the motor, slotted a decent carb and manifold on and made it to the top 10.....He's now talking stroker 318 and 1/4 mile running....Should be interesting to say the least...

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post