Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 28-03-2012, 12:04 AM   #91
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: QLD Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by damoose
Very well said , Unfortunately to have good Goverment you need very good opposition and with a house so badly lobsided as this thats just not gonna happen..
I see the point but don't neccessarily agree.

To have good government, you need people who are genuinely committed to doing the will of the people, and who do so competently, remembering that they are servants of the people.

Now then! How many politicians fall into this catagory?

What happens is that a new government may start off well, until they get to be like piggies with their snouts in the trough, then the wheels fall off as they get a bloated sense of selves, forgetting that they're meant to be serving us.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
Old 28-03-2012, 01:13 AM   #92
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
Some might see it as a good thing, her letting the buck stop with her and taking accountability for the loss.

I agree that the expense is frustrating though.

GK
I wonder if her resigning as ex-premier and not staying on as opposition leader (or backbencher) would have anything to do with her retirement package?

As I understand it, retirement renumeration is calculated on the last position held, a premier is payed quite a bit more than opposition leader or a normal MP.

Nah, that would have nothing to do with her decision would it? (once again we're being taken as mugs) . . .
Old 28-03-2012, 07:16 AM   #93
GhiaEB
2004 TX Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap
I wonder if her resigning as ex-premier and not staying on as opposition leader (or backbencher) would have anything to do with her retirement package?

As I understand it, retirement renumeration is calculated on the last position held, a premier is payed quite a bit more than opposition leader or a normal MP.

Nah, that would have nothing to do with her decision would it? (once again we're being taken as mugs) . . .
That popped into my mind also.

Now a AWD TX Territory Daily
P6 Silver Monarch Weekender

And on 2 Wheels,
ZZR 250

Can do mixer shaft replacement on BA-BF Falcon and SX-SY, fix your heater Today. PM For more details

For sale: Heaps of Territory bits and bobs including front brembo doglegs, NOS I-design territory body kit painted offshore, also FPV 290 engine bits. FS thread here http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11397826 Pm for more details.
Old 28-03-2012, 08:25 AM   #94
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
Some might see it as a good thing, her letting the buck stop with her and taking accountability for the loss.

I agree that the expense is frustrating though.

GK

I can't stand it. We allow a party to replace a Prime Minister, but need a byelection to replace a state member?

That said, they are going to tie the vote in with the pending local council election, which will help mitigate the costs.
Old 29-03-2012, 03:30 PM   #95
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Another reason Bligh lost the election...

http://blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegr...ason_revealed/
Old 29-03-2012, 07:56 PM   #96
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNM96
I can't stand it. We allow a party to replace a Prime Minister, but need a byelection to replace a state member?

That said, they are going to tie the vote in with the pending local council election, which will help mitigate the costs.

Nope wont happen...

Because she resigned early, before she was declarred winner offically, she cant technically resign! She MUST accept the position, then resign. By then its too late

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 01-04-2012, 03:44 PM   #97
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap

Not to mention her useless inbred hubby $ he gets
She is not stupid but is a damn foolish low life idiot and a full on moron.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:06 PM   #98
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

The election has been run and won, so I think this thread can go bye-bye now.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:19 PM   #99
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123
The election has been run and won, so I think this thread can go bye-bye now.
Yep..
Closed Thread