Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 06-03-2006, 03:43 PM   #91
DUMTEF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thanks for clearing that up for everyone gunns, i wont be putting a venting one on the skyline just to keep it on the sly a bit. at the moment i think the skyline is more roadworthy than the ef anyway
DUMTEF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2006, 03:49 PM   #92
theboss290
FPV GT

A v6 VN with a VY HSV bodykit, cop rims, neons and monsta tarko it: not rice, just cr#p. : HaHaHa......... :hihi:
theboss290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2006, 04:12 PM   #93
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

ADR is a national standard but you will find that state governments (dunno about territories, i think they're at the whim of the commonwealth?) have implemented their own legislation either through acts of parliament and/or regulations attached to these acts... both of which have the full weight of the law behind them.

For example - SA has the Road Traffic Act of 1961 but supporting these are the Road Traffic (Vehicle Standards) Rules 1999 which deals with vehicle standards... which funnily enough dont go into vehicle modifications...

Roads are a state issue IIRC - therefore these acts of parliament are required to make the ADRs have legal impact... but then, environmental considerations are a commonwealth issue... so...

Lol, just waiting on my legal counsel to come back to me on what to do with my BOV...

And i think the commonwealth is working on a new set of standards and currently putting together regulatory impact statements... which will hopefully get rid of all the grey areas and heresay about stuff like this. Tough getting a consistent answer...
Old 06-03-2006, 06:19 PM   #94
HSVETAR
Bring on the lion...

Rice is anything jap, or anything that trys to look jap!!!!!!
El falcon, 4.0, XR6 camshaft, pacemaker extractors, 2.5 inch exhaust with tri flow sports muffler, AU TE50 intake, with K&N panel filter, Advanti racing Stalker 17" rims, Sitting on Ultra Low King Springs, 'Gabriel' Ultras Lowered struts, NOW MANUAL, 3.45 LSD

9.694 @ 75.38 MPH at Mildura Drag Strip 1/8 Mile

XC Falcon project car underway......
HSVETAR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2006, 08:16 PM   #95
GLI-PSI
Boosting

Cannon exhausts on Eseries looks like 12 slotters on an AU. tasteless
Vynal Decals on anything
Stickers on doors with performance brands
badges from a larger engine car on a smaller.

IE. 5.8L or 351 HIGH PERFORMANCE on an excell.

there is many more but meh.

Car modding is what the owner thinks is good as it is there ride but there are exceptions to this rule ... see above lol
GLI-PSI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2006, 09:17 PM   #96
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

HO manifolds :P
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2006, 10:34 PM   #97
302 Fairmont
Starter Motor

hey guys and gurls.

I have turboed my 98 model starlet. Yeah its got a 2.5" Trust exhaust from japan on it, with a cannon (all one peice from the dump). But as u where saying its not really rice "per say" because its functional. Its only got 15" 195 wheel and tyre combo on it much better than the 13s that where on there b4 that wheel spun upards of 60kph in the dry and over 100 in the wet.

SO yeah i still got life stickers on there and a hidden front mount. More of a sleeper than anything else. And thats what u want... i like the look on wide body kit excels and veilsided civics that pour money on the outside and nuttin on the inside, when i woosh up beside of them.. hehe

Cheers,

James
302 Fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2006, 11:06 PM   #98
LTD boy
Starter Motor

maybe the definition of rice has changed over the years from any Asian car to any car thats been ruined by tastless morons like the VR wagon with monza seats and a bigs aluminium wing tacked on the back of the roof, oh the bonnet scoop, i saw walking home. the horror
LTD boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2006, 11:26 PM   #99
302 Fairmont
Starter Motor

I would have to agree, why put rounded bodykit on a square car. It like having a XF and puttiing a BA bodykit on it... or farbricating one to suit. The VN to VS commo's like u said are a prime example. Wots wrong with the body kits that came out on that model? At least they where made for the car and dont have any huge gaps. Shame Shame Shame.
302 Fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2006, 08:28 AM   #100
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunns
Ok, after reading all this I rang thr RTA and asked what the deal with BOV are.
1. All Plumb back BOV are leagal
2. All Atmospheric BOV are leagal providing that the car can meet a IM240 test where they measure HC, NOx, CO & CO2 gases.
3. A cop or an EPA officer can not fine you for having a BOV they can request that you have a IM240 test done on your car. That is all!
Thanks Al.

That's what i thought.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post