Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-01-2014, 09:09 AM   #1
HULK_I6T
Banned

Default Just bought myself an au3

Hi

Just bought myself a 2002 AU series 3 forte as a daily. I have a few bits n pieces round the place from my ba so hoping I can mod it a bit, wheels etc

I just sold my VT commodore acclaim series 2 to buy it so I'm hoping I've made the right call.

I've only owned it less than a day, I'll detail it today and throw up some pics. Immediately I'm seeing some pros and cons between these two cars.

The VT had traction control, 4 airbags, factory alarm and IRS over the AU

The AU has a nicer sounding stereo with CD player, front power windows (VT had no cd and manual window winders).

I've ordered a chrome grill for the AU and need to repair the exhaust which has a hole in it.

I'll take it for a nice drive today to get a better feel for the drive and comment then but I was very happy with the VT and how it drove. So unsure on this as yet.

As for looks, I'll post up some picks after a detail, with some decent wheels (I'll put them on this morning) and the chrome grill should look good. I actually like the rear end of the AU but not so sure about those big frog headlights. Hoping the chrome grill tidy up the front end look a little. The colour is burgundy so I like how the rear lights almost blend in.

As I'll replace the cat back exhaust this week, any benefit in going a car back sports system over a standard replacement set of mufflers? Not too keen on the sound more so if it adds a bit if grunt.

HULK_I6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post