Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-12-2012, 12:44 PM   #91
prydey
Rob

Default Re: Holiday Driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGL View Post
Maybe if you were consistent with your opinions it would it be easier for people to agree with you. You begin by saying "please don't hold up the traffic" and end with " who cares if there doing 40 below the speed limit".
you'll have to jog my memory on that one. i had a quick browse back through and don't recall saying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGL View Post
Personally I don't care if they are doing 40 under as long as they stick to it! Nothing worse than someone speeding up and slowing down constantly, frustration isn't the word when you come across one of these wombats. They should be put in the same category as the fatal four.
i agree, it is frustrating. we've all had it happen to us no doubt.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2012, 12:48 PM   #92
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
I managed to get one as well .....
2 the other night, 1 last night!!! keep up the good work Rog, should have the roads nice and safe for me by Feb if you keep that up....

plenty out there at the moment hey?
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #93
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
2 the other night, 1 last night!!! keep up the good work Rog, should have the roads nice and safe for me by Feb if you keep that up....

plenty out there at the moment hey?
This might sound funny but there always seems to be more around during that time, and like a lot of humans they tend to be sillier then.
Old 29-12-2012, 05:43 PM   #94
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye84 View Post
Also the traffic jam we experienced in Kempsey was insane (expected as it's the holiday season), read in the papers later that the traffic was stretched to 23km. Luckily we found a place the to stay overnight.

I'm hoping the trip home would be a better one
This year will be the last year of the Kempsey problem,because the bypass will open early 2013, unfortunately next year it will still be horendous at Macksville. Still no bypass for there for a while. Though some traffic will turn off at Kempsey for South West Rocks then Stuarts Point and Scotts Head.
So far the highway southbound has been relativly trouble free but if you are leaving from the north the same day as everyone else then expect the same delays.