Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-08-2008, 01:28 AM   #91
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

I found it.
1993 Bathurst race, with John Cleeland. He did finish. I thought it was game over. Just that he parked it and that was it
I just remember the awful noise it made, and the hopes of winning dashed in a clutter.

Just so interesting that a uni joint that flies out, could have killed someone, esp down conrod.

1993: BTCC with Vauxhall Cavalier - 1 win - 4th in Championship. Tooheys Bathurst 1000. Co-driver to Peter Brock in Mobil Holden Commodore VP (suffered a major propshaft separation part way through the race but still finished 17th).

EDIT: ahhh constructive critisism. thanx.
Spanrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2008, 07:40 PM   #92
Aeron
DJR Fan

I still get a buzz from Bathurst and V8Supercars.

Its quite simple, if you dont like V8Supercars or Bathurst, then dont watch it on TV.
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2008, 07:40 PM   #93
snakeoil
Snake Oil

I enjoy the V8 supercars but like most sports money changes everything.
It was lot of fun watching a car that did handle and stop ie Alfa romeo as an eg battle against a V8 monster across the top of the mountain and dont forget the early bathurst's werent one by local cars until the mighty XR arrived in 67.valiant never won it but showed the potential to win it with a couple of third places ( what is an E49 worth now???) so if you were a non ford holden person there was a race within a race so to speak so I believe it had more global appeal

The run what you brung image was further enhanced because no advertising was allowed on the cars until the 70's

recently saw the group n and Nc cars racing at Sandown.........$10 to get in drivers happy to talk to you and show you there cars.we had a fantastic day

cheers

2015 Mercedes C180 Coupe White/Black
2011 FG GS Ute manual #246 White/Black
2010 Chrysler Sebring limited hardtop Silver/grey
2003 UX Explorer V8 White/grey
2008 Suzuki Bandit GSF 1250 Black
2016 Victory Cross Country Tour Black
2011 Glastron GT 185 (USA made bowrider)White/Black
1988 Komatsu FG10 Forklift
FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria #975
Ullysees Member #18,554
snakeoil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2008, 11:13 PM   #94
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeoil
recently saw the group n and Nc cars racing at Sandown.....
You know the best thing about Sandown. And boy I ride every lap with them.

It's a real buzz as I can hear the V8 roar from my work. I work outside and you can hear all gear changes and that mighty roar at the start of every race, moreso when they go through the back straight and hit the slight left hander, then hard left.
Even the porche's too.

Being a few k's from the track, it's just a real buzz, when you know exactly, where they are on the track, even when you aren't there at the track.
Sometimes I pause my work, go inside the office a grab a cuppa coffee, come back outside and listen to it for a few minutes!
It's grouse, when you are working and you hear this. Music to the ears.
And takes the boredom out of work for a bit.

Funniest part, you can hear big stacks, as the roar stops all of a sudden... Hahaha
Spanrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2008, 09:12 PM   #95
snakeoil
Snake Oil

Dude I did a minor service on my daughters car today ............have only ever driven it once before and I bought the thing!!!...........for her
Lift the bonnett and F--k me half a motor pointing the wrong way........go to local Holden dealer and eventually end up with right filter after rejecting the first........apparently there are six .because i am in overalls i get trade price $19.32 Christ I could have bought 3 Z9s for the same price..........anyway two trolley jack one axle stand dive in for the trusty sump plug..oh no its one of those weirdo tork things.............bugger do I have one of those............yes ........open the plug and it just pours out ............splashing..........more cursing..........I knew I should have put her in an eight from the get go.........anyway same as a lot of bikes put the cartridge in and shes apples.With punctured tyre repair service and wash and vacuum with lavender spray total bill to my daughter $39-32 = slab for dad

But I would have to say that given what I saw today my goodness me.......

2015 Mercedes C180 Coupe White/Black
2011 FG GS Ute manual #246 White/Black
2010 Chrysler Sebring limited hardtop Silver/grey
2003 UX Explorer V8 White/grey
2008 Suzuki Bandit GSF 1250 Black
2016 Victory Cross Country Tour Black
2011 Glastron GT 185 (USA made bowrider)White/Black
1988 Komatsu FG10 Forklift
FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria #975
Ullysees Member #18,554
snakeoil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post