Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 07:38 PM   #91
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Another reason why it is good to buy a car outright.
That is a good idea. My mum bought a brand new Focus outright but before she did sshe asked me would it be better getting finance and keeping her cash earning interest on it. I told her that you can earn 6% on the cash but you will be paying close to 13% interest on the loan.

If you dont want to buy a house, fair enough its up to the individuals choice, you seem to be on a very good wage espicially for your age. Why dont you save the cash to pay for the car instead of getting a loan, or maybe even save 15K and get a 15K loan. I was living off $200 a week when I was your age, which was 8 years ago, surely you can save the money.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:38 AM   #92
I FluXx I
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
I borrowed $35,ooo to buy my BA MKII xr8 when i was 19, i had the rest in cash. Since then iv'e spent another $2o,ooo on it between the blower, trim, brakes, wheels and what not. 2 & 1/2 year's later it's nearly paid off, i also now own a BF xr8 ute and as of tomorrow another Ba xr8 sedan. Sold a BF about 2 months ago i had bought and made $12,ooo on it.

A **** house in sydney is still worth $35o,ooo. Intrest only would be $5oo a week, thats half of what i take home each week in intrest only. For now i'll stick with my car's.............
I am very interested in what you do. Wait. What do you do!!!!

How did you make money on the BF? Did you buy it second hand?

Performance mods: SL's(front) and leveled at the back, Front 30mm whiteline sway bar, 4" dump, 4" cat, 3.5" exhaust split to Dual 2.5" with quad tips, Plazmaman stage 1 polished intercooler and piping kit, 60lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, upgraded actuator, GFB BOV, K&N panel filter

Mods for show: 19" black Speedy Inferno rims, MTX 5x7's front and rear, 2x Kenwood 4ch amps, 3x Kenwood 10" subs, chrome fuse box cover
Old 08-01-2007, 12:47 AM   #93
I FluXx I
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chich
I honestly don't understand the problem here - you boast about clearing $1000 a week yet you need a loan to buy a $20K car? Sit your a$$ down, manage your money properly and before you know it you'll be able to buy the car you want outright in 8 or 9 months time. If i was in your situation i'd be doing things a little differently by leasing a work van and writting it all off on tax.

In regards to buying a house you do understand that you'll need to do it sooner or later don't you? These days $350K buys you something decent in most cities.. in 10 years time that figure will be $500K. Don't know about you but i'd much prefer paying interest on $350K..
Mate, you have to be earning alot more than $1000 a week to buy a decent house in or around perth these days. The average house price for perth these days is something like over $450 000. You have to be a complete idiote to buy a house here at the moment.

Performance mods: SL's(front) and leveled at the back, Front 30mm whiteline sway bar, 4" dump, 4" cat, 3.5" exhaust split to Dual 2.5" with quad tips, Plazmaman stage 1 polished intercooler and piping kit, 60lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, upgraded actuator, GFB BOV, K&N panel filter

Mods for show: 19" black Speedy Inferno rims, MTX 5x7's front and rear, 2x Kenwood 4ch amps, 3x Kenwood 10" subs, chrome fuse box cover
Old 08-01-2007, 12:52 AM   #94
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by I FluXx I
I am very interested in what you do. Wait. What do you do!!!!

How did you make money on the BF? Did you buy it second hand?
I work for a transport company lol. I can't tell you everything now can i, but i do have some part's forsale that may intrest you.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:50 AM   #95
I FluXx I
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

send me a PM with the parts you have. Theres a stck of XR parts I need

Old 08-01-2007, 07:54 AM   #96
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by I FluXx I
send me a PM with the parts you have. Theres a stck of XR parts I need
Have a look in the forsale forum there's a huge list there.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:18 AM   #97
Beetus
Now drifting a falcon

one thing im saying...................ill have loan insurance pays out my loan when im sick or dead or so on....
Old 08-01-2007, 02:45 PM   #98
I FluXx I
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetus
one thing im saying...................ill have loan insurance pays out my loan when im sick or dead or so on....
I say go for it. Just try and pay your loan of early. My car is under finance and I just got it refinanced today through the bank. Im paying alot less per month. Im aiming to have my loan paid off within a year to a year and a half.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:56 PM   #99
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Read the fine print.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:02 PM   #100
Beetus
Now drifting a falcon

well im goin for it i got the rest of life for a house not to mention the prices of houses where i am. i see it as securing my job having a nice car and paying the same amount in repayments a month as i am now just for a lil longer. i could still pay it off qucker if i want. thanks for your comments though even if i dont agree with some of them, not all of us wany houses haha na thanks but. thanks to all
Old 08-01-2007, 03:28 PM   #101
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
well im goin for it i got the rest of life for a house not to mention the prices of houses where i am. i see it as securing my job having a nice car and paying the same amount in repayments a month as i am now just for a lil longer. i could still pay it off qucker if i want. thanks for your comments though even if i dont agree with some of them, not all of us wany houses haha na thanks but. thanks to all
If your actual take home pay is $1100 a week (which is roughly $80K a year) you could afford to pay off a car AND a house (seeing as you dont live in Sydney)....
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:28 PM   #102
Beetus
Now drifting a falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
If your actual take home pay is $1100 a week (which is roughly $80K a year) you could afford to pay off a car AND a house (seeing as you dont live in Sydney)....
umm 1100 times 52 is 57k a year, i have other business expenses mainly fuel
Old 08-01-2007, 05:03 PM   #103
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

Quote:
merlin is talking taxable income..

and if 1100/week is what you take home and have to spend then house + car shouldn't be a problem..
i do it on not far over half what you take home!
Old 08-01-2007, 05:20 PM   #104
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
People (that want to buy a home) and are living in Sydney are stuffed then?? lol
Old 08-01-2007, 05:22 PM   #105
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1XR2C
People (that want to buy a home) and are living in Sydney are stuffed then?? lol
nah just a lot harder...i bought 2 years ago, it has actually come down a bit since then
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Old 08-01-2007, 05:25 PM   #106
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
as already stated I was talking net pay as I was assuming you actually take home $1100 per week after tax.

Old 08-01-2007, 07:26 PM   #107
Beetus
Now drifting a falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR06T
merlin is talking taxable income..

and if 1100/week is what you take home and have to spend then house + car shouldn't be a problem..
i do it on not far over half what you take home!
i stated i take home bout 900 a week earlier in the post.......houses down here are massive in price btw a crap house in the bronx of albany is like 250k for a el cheapo like 1 bedroom house lol
Old 23-09-2011, 10:23 PM   #108
Sxy-40d

Default Re: 30k personal loan (help)

I'm 21 own my own car have a house well half coz my parents paid for half own a workshop well half coz of my parents and managed to buy a 11 grand engagement ring for my girlfriend how can u not save man. Budget your money doesn't matter how much u put away just put Money away even get a savings account where u can't touch it and build up intrest

Old 23-09-2011, 10:44 PM   #109
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 30k personal loan (help)

Lol massive mine. Dug to China. Funny though looking back I do wish I bought a house instead haha.

Having said that I still have a decent amount of cash for a deposit it's just the job situation stopping me at the moment. It's not to say I haven't enjoyed my car but I haven't done literally anything I planned on doing just been far too busy.

If anything this has demonstrated to me that your priorities can change quite a bit in what would be a relatively short time. My last post here was 4yrs ago lol
Closed Thread